SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anything is possible
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who are you refering to as an ass me? Or Kerry. Please direct that comment to the intended target.
BenJaxBchFL
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just want to comment on the question of why Kerry's medals have not been challenged before now. Also, for the record I am 48 so I was still too young when the draft ended but old enough to remember the times. My older brother was 1st,1st,5th USMC 10/69-01/71.

Anyway, as the war was ending so many Americans I think were glad it was. There was a feeling that Nixon had become focused on Watergate and the war was very unpopular at the time. Questioning the validity of medals was not a hot topic nor one that anyone would have entertained. Just like for me there were so many different protesters I can't say that I remember John Kerry. The country wanted to move past the Vietnam War.

30+ years later we are at war with a much different type of enemy. One with no specific nation. One that has proven its desire to kill as many of us it can. Bush is seen as being our leader in this war. So Kerry decides to run for office and brings up his Vietnam experience. Problem is that many who did fight and were wounded and were there happen to remember vividly the facts. Especially the facts as they pertain to Kerry. It didn't matter as long as it was basically forgotten. But now Kerry wants to promote a storyline that many know are boldface lies. That's the rub. The lying. His lies of 35 years ago were harmful to those fighting. They misrepresented what our brave soldiers were doing. It appears they were done for his personal promotion.

America cannot expect these veterans to just sit back and let this lie be legitimized. There are 60 witnesses in the book, commanding officers all saying the same thing, and he's got a handful saying otherwise and not very loudly.

Common sense tells you what has happened here. Kerry knows it, he knows most Americans can figure it out, and he knows he must stop it.

Don't let him do it.
The war against terrorism is not that Americans might die rather that we would alter our way of living. If we get to a point where we choose not to go out because of fear, our economy will sink and in the end so will our nation. Vote Bush.
Navymomx2
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say a few things about concerning this. I have to agree with what the other responders have already said, I really appreciate what BenJax said and would like to also add to all of this.

I was too young to remember much about Vietnam but I do remember the shame thrust upon families who had someone serving in Vietnam. I remember it being a taboo subject, the skeleton in the closet. My Uncle was in the Navy and served in Nam. He is one of my true Hero's and has always held a special place in my heart.

As a child I could not understand why my Uncle and everyone else was so bad but I would pick up bits and pieces of conversations. In my days children were to be seen and not heard.

I grew up always curious about my Uncle and Vietnam but no one really talked about it. Our family was one of the lucky ones, he came back home alive unlike many others.

It took me getting into genealogy to be able to ask questions and get a few answers. My mother is the one who has told me much of the information as my father finds it difficult to talk about his brother (my Uncle). He always tears up when talking about Uncle Reynold.

Any way the more I learned the more I idolized Uncle Reynold. I found myself becoming more angry at what people did to our vets when they came home. I felt myself becoming more angry that our Vietnam Vets were being treated like scum. Back in the Gulf War days it really hit me, I then vowed I was not going to let anyone again make me feel ashamed of my Uncle just because he was a Vietnam Vet. Every time a subject comes up refering to family and the military I speak with PRIDE about my Uncle and the many other Nam Vets, they did not deserve to be treated the way they were when they came home and even up to today.

I also will not stand by and allow my daughter and son who are in the Navy as well as any other service member today to be treated the way the Nam Vets have been.

I have taken the time to read a lot concerning John Kerry andthe more I read the more disgusted I have gotten and now with the Cambodia issue it just seems like one lie after another.

John Kerry brought up his Vietnam Service and made it the focal point of his campaign, he made his bed now he must lie in it. As long as he was only representing the people of Mass. he was their problem not mine, but when he decided to run for President and want to represent not only myself but my Sailor's that is another.

30-35 years ago was a horrible time and our country seemed to be divided, the wounds healed over, but the scars are still there, John Kerry opened up many of those old wounds by running on his Service Record. We are once again divided because of those old wounds and the lies told so many years ago.

My greatest fear is that those of today in uniform will be treated the same way those of yesteryear were. Mr. Kerry in my opinion has already attacked those in uniform today by attacking "Mission Accomplished" The hero's of the USS Abraham Lincoln deserved a Hero's Welcome Home after a record setting deployment.

I know, I was a Lincoln mom, I sat and cried New Years Eve night when we the famlies got word our Sailor's were being turned around.

When "Mission Accomplished" is mocked by Mr. Kerry it stabs me in the heart just like those famous words of his of April 1971 did to the Nam Vets.

The man has no true respect for those in the uniform and in my honest opinion is not fit to hold the position of CiC.

I know I got a little long and probably a bit off the topic and I apoligize for that.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No apologies needed, Navymomx2. That was a very heart warming account you gave.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Mr. Kerry in my opinion has already attacked those in uniform today by attacking "Mission Accomplished" The hero's of the USS Abraham Lincoln deserved a Hero's Welcome Home after a record setting deployment.

Amen to that!!!

The lefties were just jealous that the President was looking SOOO good and he was getting such a great reaction from those sailors! I sat and cried while I watched him talking to all the enlisted people for over an hour. "Good to go" moment.
pmc3rcc
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:42 am    Post subject: Its impossible for kerry to deny facts Reply with quote

I only wish the message and proof reached More people. The fact that nixon was not even in office at the time kerry said he was denying he was in cambodia should be all the proof anyone needs .To know Kerry Lied.Its FACT. you cannot twist it. that alone stands as damning him ,his own words.
Hold all media accountable,If you see or hear an untruth dont let it slide EMAIL them.let them know .When they figure out they are fooling noone and it goes to their credibility and enough people let them know.Maybe the slant wont be at such an angle.
Navymomx2
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You Lew and Navyx3

It was a wonderful moment for the crew, I taped the whole thing as well as the arrival in Everett, one of my adopted sailor's was interviewed.

Here's the flip that really got me, it was not ok with the Dems for the President to fly to the Lincoln, especially on taxpayer $$ yet it was just fine and dandy for our Democratic Gov and several other Dems to ride on the other ships arriving in WA at taxpayer $$, double standard!!

I just don't understand people with blinders on, Kerry stabs Nam vets in the back with his lies, he mocks Iwo Jima and now flames "Mission Accomplished", I think he has left the Korean War Vets and the Gulf War Vets alone, thank God. Nothing is sacred to this man.
varwoche
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott wrote:
varwoche wrote:
2) Re Cambodia etc: I acknowledge that Kerry has made many lame-ass statements that should be explained, though I'm not holding my breath.

His statements about "Christmas in Cambodia" weren't lame - they were lies, intended to discredit the Nixon administration and paint a picture of Presidential unaccountability in an illegal war.

Maybe you're right that he was lying.

Edited by Moderator: The subject of this forum is John Kerry's fitness for command.

Or maybe Kerry just got bad intel. Wink
varwoche
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marine4life wrote:
Who are you refering to as an ass me? Or Kerry. Please direct that comment to the intended target.

Kerry. Sorry for the confusion.
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alrighty then, thanks for the clarification. Semper Fi.
varwoche
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
Quote:
My bone of contention with the swifties is the retroactive attack on Kerry's service record.

You also have to consider that Kerry was pretty much a nobody, even with 19 years in the Senate. I don't believe any of these guys live in Massachussetts, therefore, kerry in office has no impact on them. Now that he has the nomination for President, his worthiness is everyone's business.

Thank you for your reply.

Kerry is a US senator. Though senators are elected by the state they represent, their actions impact the entire nation. The impact Kerry has on you is no more and no less than your own senators.

Senator Kerry has voted on countless bills that effect each and every one of us. Also, he has held positions on important committees, including the senate foriegn relations committee as I recall.
RemodelingGuy
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:18 am    Post subject: Re: Lots of things are possible. Reply with quote

mtboone wrote:
Lots of things are possible.

Yes and you are good cut and paste snippets which are just part of what was said. But, you being a troll would know that.

He deserves his say so!
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Senator Kerry has voted on countless bills that effect each and every one of us. Also, he has held positions on important committees, including the senate foriegn relations committee as I recall.

I don't know if I'd use the word countless. Seems he missed quite a few also. Wink You have to be there to vote.

As for his committee assignments, he was even on the Senate Intelligence Committee. Last I heard, he didn't even show up for some 39 out of 47 meeting held.

When he was present, he voted on the following this way;

107th Congress

Approve Bush Tax Cuts N
Expand Patients' Rights Y
Campaign Finance Reform Y
Permit ANWR Development N
Confirm Ashcroft as AG N
Bar Gays in the Boy Scouts N
$ for Hate Crime Prosecution Y
Overseas Military Abortions Y
Bar Coop. with Intl. Court Y
Trade Promotion Authority Y
Authorize Force in Iraq Y
Homeland Sec. Dept. Union Y

106th Congress

Educ. Savings Accts N
Prescrip. Drug Benefit Y
Delay Ergonomic Standards N
Phase Out Estate Tax N
Review Movie Violence Y
Gun Show Bckgrnd. Checks Y
Ban Part.-Birth Abortion N
Broaden Hate Crimes List Y
NATO War in Serbia Y
Table Cuba Travel Ban N
Nuclear Test-Ban Treaty Y
Perm. Trade with China Y

105th Congress

Bal. Budget Amend. N
Clinton Budget Deal N
Cloture on Tobacco Y
Education IRAs N
Satcher for Surgeon Gen. Y
Highway Set-asides Y
Table Child Gun locks N
Ovrd. Part. Birth Veto N
Chem. Weapons Treaty Y
Cuban Humanitarian Aid Y
Table Bosnia Troops Y
$ for Test-ban Treaty Y

104th Congress

Reduce Medicare Growth $ N
Lmt. Prod. Liab. Damages N
Increase Min. Wage Y
Welfare Reform Y
Flag Amendment N
Endangered Species Y
Gay Employment Rights Y
Ovrd. Part. Birth Veto N
Anti-Missile Defense N
Cuban Embargo Y
Bar Bosnia Troop $ N
Cut Vietnam Aid N

Source: Almanac of American Politics

Very consistent voting, for the lefts ideals
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:45 am    Post subject: Re: Lots of things are possible. Reply with quote

RemodelingGuy wrote:
He deserves his say so!

Swifts are not obligated to host pro-Kerry, anti-Swifts propaganda here on their own board. The originator of this thread is not here any longer because of his insistence on posting such material.
Bhist
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott wrote:
varwoche wrote:
2) Re Cambodia etc: I acknowledge that Kerry has made many lame-ass statements that should be explained, though I'm not holding my breath.

His statements about "Christmas in Cambodia" weren't lame - they were lies, intended to discredit the Nixon administration and paint a picture of Presidential unaccountability in an illegal war.

Varwoche: "I'm not holding my breath." Another example of how Democrats and/or liberal thinking Americans have lost any sense of conscience. Kerry made a lame-ass lie about spending Xmas in Cambodia while on the Senate floor. Varwoche -- do you understand what that means?

Kerry, the despicable liar that he is, made a speech on the Senate floor that went into the Congressional record, for all time, in order to undermine Nixon and continue Kerry's long-term goal of becoming president. Varwoche -- that is not lame-ass, that is a disgrace to the Senate and to Americans.

I had to live through eight years of lies during the Clinton administration. I sure don't want to have to go through that again, especially in a time of war. But, since about 50% of Americans are liberal Democrats without a conscience, I'm afraid I might have to.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: