SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Alert all Texans

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
forgivenjojo
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 4:52 am    Post subject: Alert all Texans Reply with quote

I am just another peon. However, when somebody as or more motivated comes along, then they can take the reigns.

I have stated before on this forum that the wheels in my head are turning in reference to raising money and spreading the word. Next week I am lacing up my boots and going to jump in and try to make a difference.

I live in East Texas, a conservative area, Pro-Bush Territory. I am checking on getting bumper stickers, and pins and T-shirts made. I wait tables at a very popular restaurant and have a fairly captive audience. Work is not the only place I plan to go. I am considering standing outside Barnes and Noble, presenting a friendly face with some friendly fliers. I am going to give this all a test run. Trying to accept donations for T-shirts, Pins, Bumper Stickers etc etc, most of all promoting the website. I have tenative plans to be at Texas Rangers game during the month of August. My friends will be in a box suite during the game and I will remain in the parking lot. I plan on passing out information before the game and after the game. A Texas Ranger baseball game should be considered "Swiftvet.com friendly territory" a bunch of flage waving, gun toting, former military, pickup truck driving, Osama hating, JOHN KERRY HATING, fans.
I hope if this turns out to be a success that ALL TEXANS on this forum will IMMEDIATELY FOLLOW SUIT in order that we meet on SEPT 12 in AUSTIN TEXAS to show our support and to put the total funds together to send to the Swiftees. I believe this will be a good media event.

FURTHERMORE, I suggest that people in all states take this on and plan for a september 12 meeting in their own CAPITOL CITY. Can you imagine the media response to a nationwide fundraiser?

I am on fire for this. I know Texans will deliver.

I DOUBLE DOG DARE YOU TO GET DIRTY
Indianbaboon
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the barnes and noble tactic works..most people there are people looking to waste a couple hours.

I use it when raising money for a primate sanctuary I volunteer at.

this'll go over ten times as well, easily.
rbshirley
Founder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:18 am    Post subject: Re: Alert all Texans Reply with quote

forgivenjojo wrote:

Work is not the only place I plan to go. I am considering standing outside
Barnes and Noble, presenting a friendly face with some friendly fliers. I am
going to give this all a test run. Trying to accept donations for T-shirts, Pins,
Bumper Stickers etc etc, most of all promoting the website.

.............................................. !! GREAT IDEA !! ...............................................

..................... For plenty of posters and "stuff" like the above, contact Tony Snesko .....................

................................................ Tony Snesko: SneskoBM2@aol.com ................................................

....... He is at the Vietnam Memorial in DC every weekend and several times during the week .......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: