SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Larry Thurlow under assault by WaPo
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think the Naval History Center would try to prevent him from getting documents that anybody should have access to? Sorry about the 93 thing...I know its the 3 boat not 93....its 2:00 am, what can I say:)

I'd sure like to know what documents have these "references" they are referring to and who authored and signed those documents. This is so typical of th left to throw out some piece of )*&()*) and hope it sticks. Worse is, all too often it does.

I have been involved in 2 major battles of this type. I know how they work......and it is not pretty.
Jack Mclaughlin
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course we all knew that something like this was coming. In my posts over the past 4 months I have talked about their double standard hypocrisy. To put this story above the fold on pg. 1 is an example of this since they have given Kerry a pass. When I first read this story this morning I was devastated but now the Post has broken the ice and they are now obligated to go into Kerry`s record in depth. Kerry is running for Pres. not Larry Thurlow. But for the Post to besmirch the record of the real hero that day and allow Kerry to go unscathed is an example of how rotten these people are.
NortonPete
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:34 am    Post subject: Benfits of sensational headlines Reply with quote

This cloud, however wrongly reported, has a silver lining.
For those who only read headlines, this is not much help for Kerry.
For those who only read one article, the wording still leaves alot
of questions.
Questions that would be resolved by reading the book. Very Happy
Don't lose sleep over this.
Son Of The Godfather
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the truth comes out:

One can dream.
SOTG
Doc Farmer
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Benfits of sensational headlines Reply with quote

NortonPete wrote:
This cloud, however wrongly reported, has a silver lining.
For those who only read headlines, this is not much help for Kerry.
For those who only read one article, the wording still leaves alot
of questions.
Questions that would be resolved by reading the book. Very Happy
Don't lose sleep over this.

The problem is, the mainstream media (and most especially the alphabet news) will not report any detail. They'll only report the headline, and misreport the details when pressed.

Don't think for a second that this will be an easy ride. The lib/dem/soc/commies are already pressing this issue.

Fat, Bald and Ugly - And PROUD Of It!
NortonPete
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc,
The media is slanted. Agreed.
But headlines, however slanted, lead some to seek more info.

Americans are not all that dumb. Obviously the book is selling well.

We are unlikely to sway those who are voting for whomever has the
best hairdo.

We just need about 55% on our side.

Alexander Hamilton was correct.
lolajl
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the best address to write to at WaPo? Email? Snail? I'm about to beat my rolled-up WaPo bundle over their head, being a life-long resident of DC metro area and growing up with WaPo. I've never seriously paid attention to Washington Times, even though it is conservative, because of the Moonies connection. Wish Washington Star hadn't gone under. Mad
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People,

I just took a look at the WaPo site and looked at their evidence.

1. Thurlow probably never saw the award recommendation.

2. Kerry was one of the two witnesses used for that award recommendation.

3. Kerry probably wrote the after action report that Cdr Elliot signed in good faith. I refer to the 5000 meters that is completely non-nautical and reflects a European edutation.

Truth is Beauty
arjr111
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe one argument regarding this news story should be--"OK WaPo, now lets get a FOIA for ALL of Kerry's military records, (not just the ones he wants us to see), and THEN we can discuss this subject objectively."
WallaceNails
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBS radio news at the top of the hour reported on this story. This is the first time they have EVER mentioned the Swifties or anything. Funny, how they break their silence on this issue with this story. lol!

I think the Washington Post story is a good story. They covered both sides of the issue well. Whether you like it or not, apparently Thurlow's citation mentions enemy fire. This doesn’t kill the Swifties message, it reinforces it. Obviously, there was embellishment by SOMEBODY in order for these medals to be awarded. Isn’t that exactly what Swifties are trying to prove?

This is probably the best shot back at the Swifties that Kerry can make--and its not that good. Is this the best he has? I’m sure that the Kerry "Brown Books" on all the Swifties directed the Post to examine these records. If there was something bigger to fire back at the Swifties, it would have been done.

This is getting good!

FOUR MORE YEARS!!!!!!!!!
Son Of The Godfather
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
People,

I just took a look at the WaPo site and looked at their evidence.

1. Thurlow probably never saw the award recommendation.

2. Kerry was one of the two witnesses used for that award recommendation.

3. Kerry probably wrote the after action report that Cdr Elliot signed in good faith. I refer to the 5000 meters that is completely non-nautical and reflects a European edu[c]ation.

I think Polaris has the strongest arguments on this one. The facts fit. It's all about truth.
SOTG
Brody
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SBVFT need to act QUICK, as in today, and explain this. If a statement isn't released to counter the newspapers accusations, this most certainly will be damaging. If an explanation isn't offered, from this point forward, Kerry's explanations will be how the SBVFT are proven liars. Don't get me wrong, I don't think that, but given this hit piece by the two news organizations, the articles will be Kerry's shield against questions about his time in Viet Nam. Thurlow/SBVFT needs to issue a press release ASAP with a complete and total explanation.
Jeff Carrington
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this was a hail of hostile fire from a close range riverbank ambush--how could the VC TOTALLY MISS a group of 50 ft. "sitting ducks" at out in the open in broad daylight especially if they opened up coincident with the mine exploding, i.e. momentarily unsuppressed? Seems impossible there would not be copious bullet etc. holes in hulls and superstructure if not humans.

SwiftVets, take heart. Your pursuit of the truth has been so fantastically hot and effective that your enemy has decided it has no option other than turn and fight. That in itself is a major victory for you. Your integrity is your arsenal, they have nothing of the kind.
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need more than what can be gotten through FOIA documents. That is why we need the 180. That provides documents that are not available through FOIA and would allow the documents to be gotten directly by the media so they could be examined without being filtered by the media.

Whoever said this needs to be addressed ASAP is correct and it needs to be addressed throughly.

Someone said there were two witnesses...Kerry was one, who was the other?
stealthy
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dobbsm@washpost.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: