SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Virus Alert
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Craig

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 4:05 am    Post subject: Virus Alert Reply with quote

Just got to let 80005883e@hotmail.com know that the pathetic shot to try to give me W32.Netsky.P@mm was a bit of amusing and it indicates what a loser you are that you would resort to such sorry desperation. Laughing
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 4:33 am    Post subject: Re: Virus Alert Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
Just got to let 80005883e@hotmail.com know that the pathetic shot to try to give me W32.Netsky.P@mm was a bit of amusing and it indicates what a loser you are that you would resort to such sorry desperation. Laughing

LOL. You and your cohorts gang-troll this MB and now you KNOW it was someone from here that sent you a virus. Look up the psychology of "projection" pal.
Craig

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 5:21 am    Post subject: Re: Virus Alert Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
Craig wrote:

LOL. You and your cohorts gang-troll this MB and now you KNOW it was someone from here that sent you a virus. Look up the psychology of "projection" pal.

You have about as much reasoning power as my tool box.
Did you notice that I stated my contempt at the source and did not make any specific accusations?
Did you ask how many places that might have the address I used only for this this forum?
I'd recommand to not look to this side and that lest that chip on your shoulder poke you in the eye. Rolling Eyes
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 5:31 am    Post subject: Re: Virus Alert Reply with quote

Craig wrote:

Because my email address is plastered all over my email sites, I get slammed with dozens of worm, trojan, DOS and virus attempts every week.

In addition to web sites that post your address (this one doesn't, if you don't let it) these malware programs read the infected computer's address book, emails and web pages, searching for mailto links.

Virtually ALL of the current malware including netsky.P@mm forge the from line in the email.

A friend's infected computer could have sent it to you. Have you run it through spamcop to find out where it actually originated?

Anyone who needs it, there's a very good, free, up-to-the-minute scanner is available at Trend Micro:
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/start_corp.asp

It won't take the place of proper antivirus s/w and a couple of firewalls, but it can find and clean most infections in your computer.
Craig

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 5:52 am    Post subject: Re: Virus Alert Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
Craig wrote:

Because my email address is plastered all over my email sites, I get slammed with dozens of worm, trojan, DOS and virus attempts every week.

In addition to web sites that post your address (this one doesn't, if you don't let it) these malware programs read the infected computer's address book, emails and web pages, searching for mailto links.

Virtually ALL of the current malware including netsky.P@mm forge the from line in the email.

A friend's infected computer could have sent it to you. Have you run it through spamcop to find out where it actually originated?

Anyone who needs it, there's a very good, free, up-to-the-minute scanner is available at Trend Micro:
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/start_corp.asp

It won't take the place of proper antivirus s/w and a couple of firewalls, but it can find and clean most infections in your computer.

Damn!
Do I have to type really slow and enunciate carefully and say "Read my lips"?
No one needed to reply at all. I would not have expected reply other than from folks who might have gotten same thing or folks who might just bie uppity and bitchy - such as the responses so far. Or maybe someone feeling arrogant or guilty wanting to gloat without admitting - whatever.

Anyway. This is only place that has the addy I use so i figured that the sender was unlikely accidental unless everyones addy who has given an addy here got the same thing. - Well, it is not my job to give you an education about such things. Send me a dollar and I might try to help you understand and how to protect yourself from such silliness as from whoever sent me the thing.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 6:09 am    Post subject: Re: Virus Alert Reply with quote

Craig wrote:

Damn!
No one needed to reply at all. I would not have expected reply other than from folks who might have gotten same thing or folks who might just bie uppity and bitchy - such as the responses so far.

My, my, my.... you just get more pleasant and endearing with every post, don't you. Wink

You posted a virus alert.

I added some expansive information and told people where they could get their computer checked free, if they were concerned about it.
Craig

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 6:38 am    Post subject: Re: Virus Alert Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
Craig wrote:

Damn!
No one needed to reply at all. I would not have expected reply other than from folks who might have gotten same thing or folks who might just bie uppity and bitchy - such as the responses so far.

My, my, my.... you just get more pleasant and endearing with every post, don't you. Wink

You posted a virus alert.

I added some expansive information and told people where they could get their computer checked free, if they were concerned about it.

Okay - chip on my own shoulder.
My "Alert" was more to express my contempt at the scamp who sent it. I assumed that was my assumption mistaken that I would get response that others had received same.

Actually the issue gives me a 'heads up' on my own honesty. While I figure some sorts of baiting to not be particularly dishonest I think the manner of my posting "Virus Alert" when I had every cause to believe that it was aimed at me personal was a bit disingenuous on my part since i was not really out to warn folks. Well, I could probably have done and said the same thing honestly but that was not in my heart at the time. At the time I was assuming that no one really needed virus alert for sake of my being quite sure that it was not just a virus sending me a thing but someone sending with intent.
I used to collect the going virus's just for sport. Been so long since I got bored with that I'd wonder if my floppies are even good anymore.

Oh well. Excuse me. My post was much of just a thumb my nose at the silly person who would make such an impotent gesture at me. I would really rather bait you and argue about issues that you care about rather than bicker over some silly pup who might try to hump my leg.
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Virus Alert Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:

Just examine the message headers. You can then do an IP lookup at http://www.arin.net/whois or similar service for Europe, Asia etc.
Craig

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Virus Alert Reply with quote

fortdixlover wrote:
Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:

Just examine the message headers. You can then do an IP lookup at http://www.arin.net/whois or similar service for Europe, Asia etc.

Okay - "what we have here is a failure to communicate" - and it is likely much of my own fault.
My throwaway addy just gives me the message and nothing of whatever about headers other than the "From" line.
I think it not unlikely that it gives my dialup IP numbers that Administrator can look at easily enough.
There is a point that would indicate that the virus was not sent me directly through the group - but the email addy is easily enough found by anyone using this BB. There are two folks outside this place who might have the addy I use for this place.
If one would really want to get into all the crap of "evidence" it would overwhelmingly be that it was intentionally sent by someone from this place - I would take that back if others who have any sort of email address displayed in this place.
As a juror I would say that it is beyond a reasonable doubt - but my personal would say it is not beyond all doubt to the extent that I would vote for execution,

Whatever. ***** about it if that is what floats your goat. ROTFLMAO

"goat" was originally a typo but I kinda like it that way.
Greenhat
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 12:06 am    Post subject: Re: Virus Alert Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
fortdixlover wrote:
Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:

Okay - "what we have here is a failure to communicate" - and it is likely much of my own fault.
My throwaway addy just gives me the message and nothing of whatever about headers other than the "From" line.
I think it not unlikely that it gives my dialup IP numbers that Administrator can look at easily enough.
There is a point that would indicate that the virus was not sent me directly through the group - but the email addy is easily enough found by anyone using this BB. There are two folks outside this place who might have the addy I use for this place.
If one would really want to get into all the crap of "evidence" it would overwhelmingly be that it was intentionally sent by someone from this place - I would take that back if others who have any sort of email address displayed in this place.
As a juror I would say that it is beyond a reasonable doubt - but my personal would say it is not beyond all doubt to the extent that I would vote for execution,

Whatever. ***** about it if that is what floats your goat. ROTFLMAO

"goat" was originally a typo but I kinda like it that way.

Not very computer literate, are you, Craig?
Craig

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 12:34 am    Post subject: Re: Virus Alert Reply with quote

[quote="Greenhat"][quote="Craig"][quote="fortdixlover"]
Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:

Moron. Razz
Craig

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 12:40 am    Post subject: Re: Virus Alert Reply with quote

[quote="Craig"][quote="Greenhat"][quote="Craig"]
fortdixlover wrote:
Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:

Moron. Razz

Oh weep oh woe! Someone just asked Craig a friendly civil question and Craig came back with unpolite reply.
What a vile person is Craig to not show appreciation to some SA who surely wanted to aid him in becoming more computer literate.
Will it ever rain or the cows give milk again until this grievous wrong is righted?
waltjones
PO2

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 1:02 am    Post subject: Weep or woe? Reply with quote

Craig wrote: Oh weep oh woe! Someone just asked Craig a friendly civil question and Craig came back with unpolite reply.
What a vile person is Craig to not show appreciation to some SA who surely wanted to aid him in becoming more computer literate.
Will it ever rain or the cows give milk again until this grievous wrong is righted?

Hey, that was pretty good! I especially liked the last line! I think you're mellowing out, but I'd still like to know if you'll keep your promise. Thatisall ....
Craig

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 1:37 am    Post subject: Re: Weep or woe? Reply with quote

waltjones wrote:
Craig wrote: Oh weep oh woe! Someone just asked Craig a friendly civil question and Craig came back with unpolite reply.

Hey, that was pretty good! I especially liked the last line! I think you're mellowing out, but I'd still like to know if you'll keep your promise. Thatisall ....

Do you mean in relation to Kerry willingly walking under and supporting the enemies flag?
Actually had I known before what I came to learn much later I might have supported the North - but that would be back before Ho was pertty much pushed to the commies for support.
Did he sell his soul to Marxists or whatever is the commie?
I suppose so.

I asked a very civil young cop once - who had arrested me and was taking me to the county lockup - if he might have thought about an idea that a lot of cops join the force with high ideals and down the line the disappointments lead some who stated with the high ideals to become some of the worst violators of what they swore to upohold.
He paused for a bit and said "I still have high ideals" and I believed him.

Damn. Just had me an emotional thing.
Well, I don't meet every day someone who I think to be quite honorable. I hope he is managing to hold to it.

Damn again - no reason I should be choking up on such an issue but I think i will drop it and go to soemthing else.
Greenhat
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Virus Alert Reply with quote

[quote="Craig"][quote="Greenhat"][quote="Craig"]
fortdixlover wrote:
Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:

Moron. Razz

Actually, you are the one illustrating that you are a moron. Congratulations.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: