SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

We should disclose the names of willing donors!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rlmorel
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:30 pm    Post subject: We should disclose the names of willing donors! Reply with quote

Just a thought-if there was a way to have a check box when we make donations that said "Authorize publication of your name as a donor?" would that be a good idea?

I, for one, would appreciate the chance to have my name show up as a donor. I know there are downsides to this, but the upside is that people would be able to easily see that this is not a "Rich Republican" effort, but a grass roots effort started by the Swift Boat Vets and joined by many of us who care.

If SBVFT could say "Look, even though we took in $XXX, 95% of the donations are $50 or below.

Now, I could be wrong here, and maybe there are "Right Wing Fat Cats" bankrolling this to the largest degree, but...I don't think that is the case.

What do you think?
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent a separate e-mail when I contributed, I think it went to "Admin", which was maybe a black hole.

I gave them my name, an electronic copy of the "acknowledgement" that my credit card had been charged, and permission (make that a request) to include my name on published donor lists.

If (when) this becomes an issue, I half-expect an e-mail form to fill out and send back in, or a valid snail-mail address to send printed documentation to.
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not speaking for this site, but I believe all political donations are made public whether one wants that or not. See www.opensecrets.org.
Dingbat
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject: Fat Cats? Reply with quote

Re "maybe there are "Right Wing Fat Cats" bankrolling"

Well, I am fat...does 25% count? Very Happy

1/101st ABN Song Be 3/82d ABN Phu Bai.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: