SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

They Are Sinking Even Lower
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Traildust
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:11 am    Post subject: They Are Sinking Even Lower Reply with quote

Just saw this from the Boston Globe http://www.boston.com/news/globe/editorial_opinion/editorials/articles/2004/08/22/big_lies_for_bush Now they are attacking Bob Dole.
Traildust
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did they forget, Kerry has made his Vietnam "herosim" central to his campaign? Dole didn't.
BenJaxBchFL
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Traildust

This is a very deperate group. I hate that Bob Dole might hear of this. We can see it wsn't a scratch.
The war against terrorism is not that Americans might die rather that we would alter our way of living. If we get to a point where we choose not to go out because of fear, our economy will sink and in the end so will our nation. Vote Bush.
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calling this pondscum is an insult to pond scum. It makes no attempt at being objective and deliberately obfuscates the issue....which seems to be the intent. However, it is clear that the SBVT needs to deny any involvement with Bush/Cheney (true after all) and counterattack strongly. I sort of suspect that Brit Hume will give them the chance tomorrow morning Wink

-Polaris

Truth is Beauty
case
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're not attacking dole, they're attacking this group right here. Saying everything said here is untrue.

Heres what reuters has to say about it:

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=domesticNews&storyID=6036326

...William Rood of the Chicago Tribune said the tales told by Kerry's detractors are simply untrue.

"There were three swift boats on the river that day in Vietnam more than 35 years ago -- three officers and 15 crew members. Only two of those officers remain to talk about what happened on February 28, 1969," he wrote in a story on the newspaper's Web site.

"One is John Kerry ... who won a Silver Star for what happened on that date. I am the other."

Before now, Rood refused all interviews, wanting to put memories of war and killing behind him. "But Kerry's critics, armed with stories I know to be untrue, have charged that the accounts of what happened were overblown," he wrote.

"It's gotten harder and harder for those of us who were there to listen to accounts we know to be untrue, especially when they come from people who were not there," he added. ....
Redview
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wrote them, and told them that constantly redirecting

focus on others, is not working.

I told them to ask Kerry file the form 180, and turn over everything which

he has not done. That it would have been history if he had done

this months ago.

That this is all making him look a fool.

For what good It will do.
case
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually this is a huge story right now. Every channel is talking about it, every paper, and every internet news source. Because many only get there news from these sources, and that a media journalist is now backing Kerry... It going to be a very hard to discredit anything he did military. Just about every news agency in the country has presented this story in favor of Kerry. If anyone has been smeared here, unfortunitly it has been swiftvets.com.
Dragoro
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep I sent them a letter complaining as well.

Dragoro's Realm Forums
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
case
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wouldnt waste your time. The Chicago tribune owns half of the media in america. They are a highly conservative group of journalist. If they let something like this get published, the deed is already done.
Dragoro
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems some sources are revealing the whole story.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/8/21/215620.shtml

Dragoro's Realm Forums
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only people paying attention to the Boston Globe at this point, are:

1. The other moronic Journalists, who just take stories off the wire but have zero orginal thoughts of their own....This is a large percentage of Print Journalists in the Newspapers actually.

2. Hardcore Kerry supporters who think they are finally justified after they read the story in the Globe, but then are SHOCKED when the story is getting bigger. ( I hope they keep reading the Globe, as the Globe is on the wrong side of history)

3. Bloggers who are having a field day exposing the Boston Globe lies. Drudge for example nailed them hard about 2 weeks ago. (The one man band, took out all off the Boston Globe)
case
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you're going to present a news source i recommend persenting a news source that doesnt have Bush plastered all over it. Being unbiased will only help to get the truth out in an educated fashion.
Belisaurius
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4. Trolls who invade Swift Vets threads trying to claim that the Kerry campaign running around in circles with their hair on fire means that he has won, the Swift Vets have been discredited, and we should all just go home. In other words, kool-aid drinking Kerrybots.
case
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

integritycounts wrote:
The only people paying attention to the Boston Globe at this point, are:

1. The other moronic Journalists, who just take stories off the wire but have zero orginal thoughts of their own....This is a large percentage of Print Journalists in the Newspapers actually.

2. Hardcore Kerry supporters who think they are finally justified after they read the story in the Globe, but then are SHOCKED when the story is getting bigger. ( I hope they keep reading the Globe, as the Globe is on the wrong side of history)

3. Bloggers who are having a field day exposing the Boston Globe lies. Drudge for example nailed them hard about 2 weeks ago. (The one man band, took out all off the Boston Globe)

but this story is everywhere ? including npr... While the media tends to lean one way or the other, every nationaly recognized news source in the world is reporting on this, leaning towards Kerry.
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Case,

Of course they are and Dr. Corsi has already made a response. Also there are a lot of swiftvet interviews scheduled for the AM including two with Brit Hume.

This is a classic attack strategy to get a hot story out in the early AM and get it widely distributed before an effective counter-attack can be made. This was done before and it backfired. It will backfire again. The Rood story actually BACKS our side.

-Polaris

Truth is Beauty
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: