SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Washingtion Post Graphic shows Kerry Fleeing other boats
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tvaughan
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sevry,

Okay, I get it. Two explosions were really one and you're moving the boats around so that can be the case.

Okay.

But no. They say two explosions. One explosion. They throttle and then another explosion.

That's 2 explosions, at least in their own mind. Assuming good faith.
Talking point #1: Sign 180
Talking point #2: Sign 180
Talking point #3: Sign 180
efuseakay
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tvaughan wrote:
Sevry,

Okay, I get it. Two explosions were really one and you're moving the boats around so that can be the case.

Okay.

But no. They say two explosions. One explosion. They throttle and then another explosion.

That's 2 explosions, at least in their own mind. Assuming good faith.

The second explosion could have just been made up by Kerry and crew to save them the embarassment of almost getting away with fleeing...
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Rassmann Jan. 17 Iowa Primaries - "We Got ambushed, one of our boats, one of John's boats was blown out of the water we went over to help it and I got blown off the boat, and I assume whatever blew me off injured your arm. And I went to the bottom because the next boats in line were about to come over me. I stayed on the bottom as long as I could and when the last boats were gone, they were gone, they were around the bend and out of sight. And I started swimming under water for as long as I could. Coming up for air when I had to, and I was getting shot at, and I figured it was up, my number was punched. And the next thing I knew after coming up for air about 5 times was the boats were coming to the rescue..."

http://www.johnkerry.com/video/console.php?video=011704_reunion

(8 Min. 45 Seconds To 15:10)
Points Of Interest
bergstrom79
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is freekin' awesome, and comes at a pivotal time. You know Chrissy Matthews and his kind were loading up over the weekend up to sink Messers O'Neill, Thurlow, Chenowith, etc...Now all our guys have to do is carry a color graphic of this around at every friggin interview and say "who's lying now"?

Very Happy Laughing Cool

Also note timeline mark #3. Matches Thurlow's comments about Kerry rec'ving rice up his arse from his own grenade.

Glorious day, today is. Smile
sevry
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tvaughan wrote:
After all, the 94 towed the 3. And if you're towing a boat, do you pick the worst damaged boat in the force to do it?

Assuming the 94, yes. So it would seem.

Quote:
Rassman then ducks bullets as he watches all the boats desert him, and I guess the 3 boat as well. Man, if I was there I would be pissed, too.

The Award Recommendation for Kerry has him immediately going to the aid of the 3 boat. So - yes, it would be very off-putting if a boat that had just been blown SIX FEET out of the water, with its crew stunned or blown overboard, had someone managed to rev engines on its own and run the canal the other way away from you, as you're floating in the drink. What must have been going through his head - eh?
sevry
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ord33 wrote:
Jim Rassmann Jan. 17 Iowa Primaries - "We Got ambushed, one of our boats, . . .

http://www.johnkerry.com/video/console.php?video=011704_reunion

(8 Min. 45 Seconds To 15:10)
Points Of Interest

21Meg download. Rassman is also on the Under Fire video, which I assume is one they played at the convention on Thursday night - yes? I didn't watch it. And Under Fire is shorter download, too (I'm using HiDownload).

I had wondered where that came from. The Under Fire statement is also found in various print interviews, word for word, I think. This is one I should add to my entry back on the 18th, maybe one for each Under Fire and Reunion.

I notice that in the latest "Rassman" vid, they really cut him off - John Kerry saved my life - thanks. And that's about it. No long 'war stories'.
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SEVRY --- You haven't read the book yet? I received mine from Amazon two weeks ago --- already read it twice --- maybe you need to get up to upped before you start to accuse the SwiftBoat Vets
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SEVRY --- You haven't read the book yet? I received mine from Amazon two weeks ago --- already read it twice --- maybe you need to get up to upped before you start to accuse the SwiftBoat Vets
MassInd
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at detail #3.

Quote:
Kerry wounded while he tries to detroy rice reserve with grenade.

I thought he said he was wounded when the mine blew his boat 2' out of the water.
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He lied on the After Action Report. Read his own words in "T of D"
JK
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:37 pm    Post subject: Washingtion Post Graphic shows Kerry Fleeing other boats Reply with quote

No doubt about it the graphic is an ideal way to telling a story and it would be ideal if the swift boat veterans for truth can use graphics to help tell the truth, I hope that TV/cable and other publications show this graphic I have never seen it in any of my newspapers based in NJ at the least USA Today should be using to help clarify the events. As usual Kerry's explanation is flawed, has Kerry every had an explanation that both he and the swift boat veterans for truth agree??

JK
sevry
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jataylor11 wrote:

I haven't received it. It was delayed, apparently.

And what exactly is your complaint against me? Spell it out. Let me know.
sevry
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Washingtion Post Graphic shows Kerry Fleeing other boats Reply with quote

JK wrote:
No doubt about it the graphic is an ideal way to telling a story

If it were accurate, that is. The Swift vets would have to sign off on it, or make corrections. They were there. I suspect there are a few errors in the illustration. Plus it doesn't really diagram the movement of the boats after the explosion, and does report a second explosion which covers both Rassman's and Kerry's stories, but for which no one can really otherwise account.
Bostonian
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This graphic doesn't need to be signed off by the Swifties. It came from the WaPo, hardly known for its Republican leanings.

It may or may not be accurate in all particulars. But consider this is a left-leaning newspaper. When they put in the time to research the story, they came up with an overall picture of the scene that largely agrees with the SBVT.

There are two discrepancies:
1) Was there really a secondary explosion to account for Rassman being knocked off the boat? When you see where Rassman was standing, you realize he could have fallen off.

2) Was there any incoming fire, as Kerry and Rassman have claimed? When you see this graphic, you start to wonder, if there was incoming fire, then why didn't anyone get a bullet? From this picture, it's relatively clear that the other PCFs had to stick around & get the men out of the damaged boat. They were sitting ducks.

And all this from the WaPo. This is good news. They've apparently rediscovered reporting. At least for now.
sevry
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Washingtion Post Graphic shows Kerry Fleeing other boats Reply with quote

Quote:

They have Kerry leading Droz. But I thought Chenoweth led Kerry to the right, and that Droz came to one side of the 3 boat to help stabilize it?

. . .

Did Kerry report the 94 damaged, at all?

As for the latter, I don't think he did. The PCF-3 was mentioned in the Award Recommendation.

As for the former, I just saw the Chris Wallace Fox News Sunday transcript with O'Neill vs Hurley. And O'Dell said that the diagram was accurate. He and Chenoweth were over on the left. Droz was on the right.

He doesn't say if Droz led, or Kerry led. He doesn't say if he was ahead or behind Thurlow. But he says Droz stayed on the right bank, presumeably ahead of the net, on the 'Kerry side' of the net, as Kerry sped away down stream. The 3 boat continued to drift through the gap, down river. Thurlow gave chase. The 23 went to pull men from the water. But at some point, perhaps as Thurlow was getting the 3 under control, Droz must have abandoned the right bank to come and help stabilize the 3. And he must have then just missed seeing Rassman bobbing up for the 1st or 2nd or whatever time, just ahead of him. But Chenoweth didn't, and moved toward Rassman. Meanwhile, according to the 17 JAN rally for Kerry, where he supposedly first meets Rassman in however many years, Kerry recalls, "We didn't know you were gone for a while! I suddenly looked back and I see this figure in the water. And I said, Oh my God." So he turns back to intercept Chenoweth coming in from Kerry's right. Rassman, the experienced swimmer, blindly grabs the cargo net and somehow turns himself upside down, and Kerry then reaches over and 'saves his life'. And according to the NY Times, he retrieves Rassman and then "we managed to clear the ambush zone.'' Or else they just hung around - either way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: