SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Criminal Thinking Errors

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Craig

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 3:22 am    Post subject: Criminal Thinking Errors Reply with quote

Criminal Thinking Errors
1. Closed Channel Thinking

--Not Receptive
--Not Self Critical
--No Disclosure

a. Good at pointing out, giving feedback on faults of others
b. Lies by omission

2. Victimstance

a. Views self as victim (the criminal will even blame social conditions)
b. Blames others

3. Views Self As A Good Person

a. Focuses only on her positive attributes
b. Fails to acknowledge his destructive behavior.
c. Builds self up at other's expense

4. Lack of Effort

a. Unwilling to do anything he finds boring or disagreeable
b. "I can't" meaning "I won't"

5. Lack of Interest in Responsible Performance

a. Responsible living=unexciting and unsatisfying
b. No sense of obligation
c. Will respond only if he nets an immediate payoff

6. Lack of Time Perspective

a. Does not use past as learning tool
b. Expects others to act immediately on his demands
c. Decisions on assumptions, not facts

7. Fear of Fear

a. Irrational fears (many) but refuses to admit them
b. Fundamental fear of injury or death
c. Profound fear of put down
d. When held accountable experiences "zero state" - feels worthless

8. Power Thrust

a. Compelled need to be in control of every situation
b. Uses manipulation and deceit
c. Refuses to be dependent unless he can take advantage of the situation

9. Uniqueness

a. Different and better than others
b. Expects of other that which he fails to meet
c. superoptimism - cuts fear of failure
d. quits at the first sign of failure

10. Ownership Attitude

a. Perceives all things, people, objects to possess
b. No concept of ownership, rights of others
c. Sex for power and control-not intimacy
Grampa
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like the leftist attitude and personality traits in a nutshell. Good post!
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 4:04 pm    Post subject: The 'multicultural' lie Reply with quote

Steering this thread to something actually interesting and relevant:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/oped/bal-op.cultural18may18,0,425754.story

The 'multicultural' lie

By H. George Hahn II

May 18, 2004

THE COMMENTS about the divisiveness of diversity by Gov. Robert L. Ehrlich Jr. and state Comptroller William Donald Schaefer are on the mark.

Rushing to dilute the curriculum further with "multicultural" course requirements, colleges across the country, like many of those outraged by Mr. Ehrlich's and Mr. Schaefer's remarks, fail to understand that American culture is English. Seeing America as a diverse nation, they conclude that diversity is its most important truth. And then, seeing diversity as multiethnic, they conclude that America is multicultural.

It is not, of course, for a culture means far more than eating ethnic foods, celebrating ethnic holidays, singing in ethnic bands and donning ethnic costumes to dance at ethnic festivals. Are not the most important cultural truths about America crystallized in its Western heritage as transmitted by the English experience?

That experience is sixfold, as Russell Kirk says in his book, America's British Culture: first and crucially, the English language; a history evolving from Britain; a legal system based on English common law; political ideas and structures patterned on the British model; a literary heritage that's British to the core; and social ideals rooted in Britain.

Merging the legacies of Athens, Rome and Jerusalem, England is the port of entry for America's Western culture. Yet the multiculturalist unwittingly attacks this culture with Western values - mainly of free speech - forged by dead, white European men.

And it is the multiculturalist's further strange logic that demeans Western civilization because it has not perfectly fulfilled its high ideals. Regardless if slavery and repression of women were facts of life in Europe (slave derives from the medieval Latin sclavus, a Slav in forced Roman labor) as well as among Asians, Africans, Arabs and Mesoamericans, it is the West that has provided the antidotes - from emancipation to civil rights to suffrage, in America by "European" presidents, congressmen, soldiers and judges in the English tradition.

With not one of 55 elite colleges polled in a recent survey requiring a course in American history, most students aren't even aware of, let alone knowledgeable about, the origins, complexities and implications of the West's great tradition.

As T. S. Eliot said, tradition "cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must attain it by great labor. It involves ... the historical sense ... and the historical sense involves a perception not only of the pastness of the past, but of its presence."

Nevertheless, in hundreds of colleges, students are being steered from a rich tradition to take an affirmative action curriculum with required courses in non-Western cultures, race, "gender" (once a grammatical term), class, ethnicity and sexual orientation. The key curricular virtues are toleration (often moral neutrality), sensitivity (read: "thin-skin"), self-esteem (now a given, seldom an earned power) and "nonjudgmentalism" (that all-purpose liberal judgment), among other shallow, politically correct pieties in the name of diversity.

Diversity is not the most important truth about America. Where it is important - in the Balkans, Lebanon, Armenia, Angola, Sri Lanka, Cyprus, Iraq, Rwanda, Zimbabwe, South Africa - diversity becomes violent divisiveness.

In America, the greater truth - or miracle - is how one culture unifies our diversity. Yet in college, after years of high schools' marinating minds in the pieties of multiculturalism, diversity is a curricular diversion from the intellectual engagement with the great books, people and events that make America still the world's best hope, even for the refuse-to-be-assimilated immigrant who wants our culture as a cure while rejecting it with a curse.

Though some multiculturalists would actually exchange courses in Shakespeare for ones in healing chants, few would replace automobiles with rickshaws or computers with signaling drums. And none would visit a witch doctor for coronary care, countenance female infanticide or clitorectomies, cast themselves on their husband's funeral pyre, applaud bloody coups and despots, be tolerant of cruel and unusual punishment, laudatory about theocracies and open-minded about slavery.

Yet many multiculturalists teach, in the cause of liberal open-mindedness, as if they would grant cultures still practicing such customs a moral equity with - if not superiority to - Western ways. And having themselves studied Western civilization not so long ago in college, they would deny that privilege to their own students. Their ethical compass spins wildly.

The American compass points steadily to the classical West, via England. Our national culture believes in equality before the law, due process, civil rights, freedom to speak, to worship, to keep arms and defend ourselves, to own property, to vote, to move about freely.

While Americans feverishly disagree about policies, we fervently agree about these English principles to debate and resolve them. But how can debate and citizenship even begin if not in a common language? America may be gloriously multiethnic, but it is not multicultural. For the better of all hyphenated Americans, starting with the language, it is an English culture.

And that culture is our common and precious tradition. The academic and political danger now is not so much in having a closed mind about other cultures, but an empty mind about our own. For academics and demagogues to close their mouths to that danger is worse than ignorance. It's a lie.

H. George Hahn II is an English professor and director of the master's in humanities program at Towson University.
mikest
PO2

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are those answers coming along?
Craig

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grampa wrote:
Sounds like the leftist attitude and personality traits in a nutshell. Good post!

Crack me up Laughing
That is just the sort of answer to indicate that you could use to give some study.
That is not the description I was looking for but it does give an outline of things that I thought just about anyone could consider in some degree to be self applicable.
Where I confronted the term was in CRC - California Rehabilitation Center. It was mostly drug related thieves. I didn't relate to it a lot since I have not been one into taking people stuff and as far as drugs I figured that I had already pertty much 'rhehabed' myself before a person needed to set someone up to deal with what he could not.
But there were certainly a lot of things defined as "criminal thinking" and if I could find the Hazelden book I could point out to you that your response fits right well. Wink
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: