SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Newspaper response

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thulzza Doom
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:42 pm    Post subject: Newspaper response Reply with quote

Gentlemen,

I thought you would be interested in reading a response that I sent to a local newspaper in Altoona, PA. The paper was the the Altoona Mirror and the letter that I responded to was in the editorial section. I thought that you would like to know that there are other veterans helping to spread the word up here in Pennsylvania. I had too much trouble getting it trimmed down to the recommended 300 words... everything that I removed took away from the message. I made it as brief, but informative as I could; I sincerely hope that they print it. Thank you for the two websites that have given me the information to make a good decision in Kerry's case this year.

Semper Fi,

C. A. Miller

Dear Sirs,

In a letter to the Aug 4th Mirror, Samuel Ridout took offense to a note he received labeling John Kerry a “war dodger”. There he points out that a winner of three Purple Hearts performing the statistically most dangerous job in Vietnam (riverboat captain) couldn’t possibly be considered such a cowardly thing.

First, every veteran who knew and understood the dangers of being a point man, mine sweeper, or tunnel rat in Vietnam would question any such statistics about swift boat commanders. From this, and other comments that he made in his letter, it is obvious that he hadn't checked his facts even a little bit; if he had, he would have found that the author of the note left on his car was more than kind to John Kerry. There is no closer bond among men than that of those who have suffered combat together, yet the overwhelming majority of those that he should trust the most say that he is unfit to be Commander in Chief. The Swift Boat Veterans for Truth (an organization consisting of more than 200 of Kerry’s Vietnam War comrades, including every officer in his chain of command) testify that at least two of Kerry’s Purple Hearts are suspected of being awarded for self inflicted wounds. This from the doctor who treated his first wound with a band-aid and from his commanding officer who determined from his investigation that Kerry’s unit had not received any enemy fire in that action. The fact that he ducked out of combat is evident from his voluntary departure after only 4 months in country when numerous others stayed their full 12 month tour... even after suffering more serious wounds than those listed by John Kerry. Yes, he was a "war dodger"; as well as a liar and a traitor to his country.

Upon his return to the states he led a propaganda campaign falsely accusing all of his former comrades in arms of atrocities including murder, rape, and butchery. Today historians recognize that his group was filled with liars and pretenders, but its overwhelming effect upon the American public was realized in 1993 when Comrade Do Muoi, the General Secretary of the Communist Party in Vietnam, honored John Kerry in person at Saigon for his contributions to their victory against the United States. John McCain himself testified upon his release from the Hanoi Hilton that the most effective weapon that his captors used against him were the lies of John Kerry and his supporters. How can a man with such a past stand today, proud of his actions, in front of those that he betrayed so long ago? When he asks us to honor now the medals that he publicly threw away in disgust in 1971, he slaps every veteran who ever served with honor in the face. How can such a man without honor, loyalty, or integrity be trusted to lead our country for the next 4-8 years?

I am a twelve year veteran of both the Army and Marines and stand amazed that a traitor to this country can run for the high office of President, or any other public office for that matter. A traitor is a man without a country; an enemy within our midst. The possibility that he might become President dishonors the service that I dutifully gave to my country along with that of all other American veterans, past and present, and all of those who gave their "last full measure".

Charles A. Miller

Bedford, PA
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: