SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Suggestion...?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TruthCanHurt
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:55 pm    Post subject: Suggestion...? Reply with quote

With the amount received in donations... Why don't we return the money from the one main so-called Republican contributor? Then what will the democrats have to say about how this organization is backed?
Cuda
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why should SBVFT return anybody's donation?

Your suggestion is nonsensical. All it does is lend credibility to Mr. Reporting For Duty's whining, spinning attempts to dodge the issues that have been raised and helps him in his attempt to change the subject
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yah,

Bob Perry should give us another $100 K for every $300 we raise on the net.
Jungle_rat
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Your suggestion is nonsensical. All it does is lend credibility to Mr. Reporting For Duty's whining, spinning attempts to dodge the issues that have been raised and helps him in his attempt to change the subject

His suggestion is not "nonsensical". Mr. Perry's contribution raises peoples suspicions.

However, I agree that SBVT should not return that money because there's no proof of a coordinating connection with the RNC.

The lower the DNC stoops, the lower the RNC stoops. The lower MoveOn.org stoops, the lower the anti-Kerry 527's seem prepared to stoop. SBVT doesn't need to stoop...it's armed with the truth.
TruthCanHurt
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The major point is that the democrats would not be able to claim this is a republican funded campaign. They would have no more evidence. In fact, at the same time SBVFT could state that it's funds are independently funded.

I know there is no proof of coordination between them, but keep in mind the idea is to remove even the appearance when possible. The press release would be very interesting and would focus on the fact that SBVFT is independently run and not connected with the RNC.
arjr111
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has the same right to donate as Mr. Soros does! Unless, and until the laws regarding 527's are changed all should be treated equal.

To return his money would be a win for the Dimocrats!
tvaughan
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Perry doesn't raise suspicions. You guys are giving validity to a DNC talking point.

It makes no sense to respond to the lie. Do you think they would suddenly stop lying?
Talking point #1: Sign 180
Talking point #2: Sign 180
Talking point #3: Sign 180
ccwebb
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:29 pm    Post subject: return money Reply with quote

Quote:
Your suggestion is nonsensical.

I agree - your suggestion is also naive. Then the Dems would be complaining that the swifties USED to be supported by Republican with ties to George Bush.

When the Dems are hurt and cornered they get real dangerous. The solution is to hit them with more of the same.

And -- Never give up the rights to free speech - whether your name is Soros ($15 million) or Perry, 100K. I apologize for disparaging Perry by using his name in the same sentence with Soros.

Charlie
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TruthCanHurt wrote:
The major point is that the democrats would not be able to claim this is a republican funded campaign. They would have no more evidence.

I don't think much of the "evidence" they do have. The $100K donation would barely buy one ad and any time to run it. It is not a significant donation for someone who wants to be a "player."

Handing it back, however, would indicate guilt. Remember; the "Republican-funded" argument is about appearances, not facts.
gkdechow
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone, Democrat or media that is in the least interested in truth or justice has already called the dems "Huge hipocrits" for complaining about this "red herring" after their $60 mil of 527s that actually are "part and parcel of the Kerry campaign"
JasonBinPNW
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First and formost, I'm a contributor. I contributed because I believe in what this group is trying to do. I am NOT a Republican. There are members of this group who are also NOT Republicans. This is a bipartisan group, not a Republican group.

Refunding my small contribution would do nothing to advance the cause that I have contributed to. I don't want to see Bush win, so much as I want to see Kerry lose. That is the bottom line.

Jason

Proud member of "The Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy"
Cuda
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott wrote:
TruthCanHurt wrote:
The major point is that the democrats would not be able to claim this is a republican funded campaign. They would have no more evidence.

I don't think much of the "evidence" they do have. The $100K donation would barely buy one ad and any time to run it. It is not a significant donation for someone who wants to be a "player."

Handing it back, however, would indicate guilt. Remember; the "Republican-funded" argument is about appearances, not facts.

You also don't want to give legitimacy to illegitimate arguments. Once you start doing that, you're playing the game by the other side's rules
forgivenjojo
Former Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$100,000 of ammo - give it back? naaaaa

I dont care if an Elephant walks its fat grey butt in the middle of the Republican Convention floor and lays a diamond egg that is engraved
"Property of Swift Boat Veterans For Truth"

Take the money and spend it on ads.

Get it done.

thats my lil ole opinion though
lucky
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:15 pm    Post subject: HUH? Reply with quote

It's absurd to give it back. I back and when home work for the local replublicans. Should I ask for my contribution i gave last week? Maybe i shouldn't be posting this.
twinkleUSA
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my favorite things about Perry (besides the fact that he helped the SBVT cause in the first place) , is that right in the middle of the Kerry crowds pointing fingers, amidst the allegations of the SBVT being funded by a TX republican Bush backer.... what does Perry do? He basically says "darn tootin' I gave 'em money" and PLUNKS DOWN ANOTHER $100k. Talk about "Bring it on"... lol... gotta love it!

SBVT should accept all legal donations, which includes the money of the generous TX republican Bush backer. Wink

My 2¢ Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: