SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Being Heard

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brian Shinick
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:43 pm    Post subject: Being Heard Reply with quote

Like the vast majority of military veterans, especially wartime veterans (in my case, Vietnam), I served quietly, finished my enlistment honorably, and returned to civilian life. I married, raised two sons, worked hard, and am now retired.

I've never bragged about nor exagerated any of my experiences while in Vietnam, but I have run into a few that have. They turned out to be liars and supported the saying "He who braggs most, lies most".

Well, like most of us, I simply ignored people like this, and steered my life around them. They were not honest and trustworthy, and could do my life no good.

But Gentlemen, we are now faced with someone who we cannot afford to ignore, and who could make it impossible to steer around. Someone who can drastically effect our lives, the lives of our children, and the well being of our country in general.

I have never spoken out like this before, but I fear that if people like me do not, and if people like me do not get our voices heard, then we will have allowed ourselves the ultimate injustice.

We are facing a well funded group that, unfortunately, has the support of the majority of the public news media. It appears that the only way to be heard is to have a large enough group, physically appearing together, so that the news media cannot ignore them, nor distort their message.

I have never been politically active and wouldn't know where to start. I would ask that if there are to be any demonstrations to be held, letters to be sent, whatever, that they be posted so that all may be aware and have the opportunity to add their presence.

Let's not sit this one out.

Brian Shinick
Birmingham, AL
ALMOUNT
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Being Heard Reply with quote

Brian Shinick wrote:
I have never been politically active and wouldn't know where to start.

Brian,
Great post my friend, you have found your starting point... Very Happy

Welcome home.. : Very Happy

http://www.DELTARAIDERS.COM

I killed a six pack....just to watch it DIE
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: