SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Max Cleeland HEADS TO TX. WITH LETTER
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brucetlee
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Max Cleland really pissed me off with his display today Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

I believe that something should be done about that ... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Moderator Note: Please refrain from the use of Profanity

US Army 1970 to 1980
roughfun
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read a copy of the Kerry letter and at the bottom it said "unsigned". How can that be?
air_vet
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a website I enjoy: http://www.darwinawards.com/

It's designed to honor those who improve our gene pool... by removing themselves from it. Of necessity, this honor is bestowed posthumously.

Last edited by air_vet on Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
bob g
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read the story of Benedict Arnold and you'll believe in Reincarnation

Kerry SUCKS !!!
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:13 pm    Post subject: whinner Reply with quote

[quote="Navy_Navy_Navy"][size=18][b][color=darkred]DAAAAADDY!!!! Make those bad boys quit picking on meeeeeee!!![/color][/b][/size][/quote
snivel=snivel"if you dont play by my rules im gona take my ball and bat and go home"]
SwanLady
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe Max Cleland served honorably and I feel sorry for his situation in life. What I do NOT understand is how he can support someone who can look at him, in a wheelchair, his body disfigured, and that person (Kerry) knowing he shamed Cleland along with all other vets.

Perhaps Max is so embittered by his injuries and pain that he has his own little axe to grind. What's truly amazing is that he's a Bush appointee on the National Commission on Terrorism Attacks. Cleland obviously knows his stuff about terrorism, he works with the CDC on bioterrorism as well.

Bush has not asked Cleland to step down, even though his decidedly pro-Kerry stance could easily compromise his status on the Commission.

Cleland should be grateful it's not Kerry who is President and the situation reversed. More than his letter would have been sent away. Cleland could have lost his seat on the Commission as well.
Mooncusser
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Max Cleland gets no respect from me. He is defending a traitor. John "Benedict Arnold" Kerry the traitor, has made his views very clear about the Vietnam vet, the flag, veterans day, the VfW, the American Legion. READ HIS BOOK! LOOK AT THE COVER ! Max Cleland should denounce Kerry's traitorous activities, specifically demoralizing American soldiers by falsley accusing them of being rapists, murderers , and torturers, encouraging the enemy, illegally meeting the enemy and discussing surrender terms. John "Benedict Arnold" Kerry is not worthy to discuss anything about the honorable service of real American heros.
MikeH
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:40 am    Post subject: Cleland Reply with quote

Aside form what the man did to me and other vets including his own shipmates when he came home, I can't rationalize any vet supporting Kerry.

I really wish I could get inside Max's head. I thought he was a good man. Question
Co-Van
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:08 am    Post subject: Mad Max Reply with quote

Kerry's latest act of heroism - hiding behind Max Cleland's wheelchair. In sending Max, a triple amputee, to fight his battle, Kerry attempted to play the pity card, but instead shamed himself once again! Hopefully, as a poet once wrote:
"...but he whose soul is flat, the sky
will cave in on him bye and bye."
JCCremer
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:27 am    Post subject: More to the story Reply with quote

Watching FOX News channel early this morning, they report that POTUS sent a representative out to meet Cleland; who then refused to talk with the rep. and played to the media instead. Watch FOX for details.
John
Let the truth be known. I'm with you guys and Kerry insulted all of us with his anti-war activities. Let's hold him accountable.
U S Army EOD
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of you that don't know, Max was injured like this. He was on a large base camp. He was a Signal Corp officer and for some reason he had taken grenades and put them on his harness. HE TIED THE RINGS OF HIS GRENADES to the harness. When he got off the helicopter, he hooked a grenade on the door, the grenade fell off the harness but the pin stayed. To his credit, he did attempt to recover the grenade when it detonated. Sadly he basically injured himself with his own grenade or fire just like Kerry did on at least two if not three occassions.

I feel sorry for Max that he got messed up the way he did. I had to handle the mess made by others in situations like that several times, both overseas and in the States. Things like that happen and are tragic, but just because you nail yourself, you aren't a hero. Sorry for sounding so cold, but that is the way it is. At least Max didn't return and join the VVAW or the other side and betray his country like Kerry did.

I was not in a combat arm but as my tag line suggest, I was in EOD. I never killed anybody or even fired a shot but I sure saw my share of death and had a few rounds directed at me, not to mention the many booby traps or shachel charges with timers I disarmed. When you speak of a war, from what I have learned and the opinions I have formed on my own, I JUST LEAVE MORALITY OUT OF THE DISCUSSIONS. WHAT IT BASICALLY BOILS DOWN TO IN A WAR, IS WHICH SIDE YOU ARE ON AND WHICH SIDE YOU WANT TO WIN THE THING. I THINK JOHN KERRY CLEARY SHOWED US, WHICH SIDE HE WAS ON IN VIETNAM.

CO
8th Ord Det (EOD) ROK 68-69
542 Ord Det (EOD) CONUS 70-71
99th Ord Det (EOD) RVN 72-73
roughfun
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember this, in his head if the war was right hes just just another casualty but if the the war was WRONG he becomes a Victim. Dems favorite type of voter. Wait till Kerrys done with using him him to hide behind he will be a destroyed man when he realizes he has sold his soul to the DNC instead of fighting for truth with his fellow Vets. Semper Fi.
U S Army EOD
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When speaking of war I always try to remember what the Duke of Wellington said as he surveyed the carnage on the battlefield after he had won the Battle of Waterloo. It went basically like this, "The only thing sadder than a battle won is a battle lost". We lost the war in Vietnam because of people like John Kerry and Jane Fonda, not as a result of what happened on the battlefield. When ever I get in a discussion over the right and the wrong on Vietnam, I ask the other person one simple question which is, "Which side did you want to win"? They normally just shut up after that.

CO
U S Army EOD
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roughfun,

If you can get a copy, watch the movie, "To End All Wars". It is very different from what you normally see in the average run of the mill war movie. Get it on CD so you can see the extras. One of the Japanese, when interviewed, makes a very interesting statement, which is, "Regardless of who wins or looses a war, everyone who is touched by war is a victim". I think he is right.

CO
USAF66-70
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:50 pm    Post subject: Kerry humiliating vets Reply with quote

God bless all my fellow vets, and especially the Swift Boat Vets.

I’ve always liked/respected ole Max Cleland, although here in GA I’ve not always agreed with his politics. Nevertheless, he served & paid a big price, and unlike Kerry, as Bob Dole might say, Max actually bled (and didn’t even get a Purple Heart). God bless em.

However, seeing Max yesterday in Crawford TX as Kerry’s political-stunt lackey (along with Rassmann), half-ass struggling to deliver Kerry’s contrived & self-serving letter, about broke my heart. Next time Max, take a queue from Theresa and tell Kerry, “Shove it.”

Of course it’s what we’d expect of Kerry—using and humiliating Vets that way for his own grandiose political ambitions.

USAF, 66-70
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: