SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Press is in high gear to support Kerry......
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DenisC
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:42 am    Post subject: Press is in high gear to support Kerry...... Reply with quote

A GOOGLE NEWS SCAN for "Kerry and Vietnam" shows that the
Main stream media is in full SPIN MODE to support Kerry. Just a few of the stories...........

Mail Tribune Navy Records Back Kerry on Vietnam Battles That Led to Medals

Bloomberg - Aug 26, 2004
27 (Bloomberg) -- US Navy records support Democratic presidential nominee John Kerry's accounts of being wounded in Vietnam three times, rescuing a soldier to ...

Swift boat crewman backs Kerry version Seattle Times

Crewman Says Swift Boats Were Under Fire Los Angeles Times (subscription)

Swiftboat Crewman: Kerry Boat Took Fire Collective Bellaciao
MSNBC - HUMAN EVENTS - all 243 related »

Iowa "Swift Boat Veteran" never met Kerry in Vietnam
WOI, IA - Aug 26, 2004

DES MOINES, Iowa A sports apparel salesman from Iowa says he never served with John Kerry in Vietnam and didn't even know until last year about Kerry's anti ...

Iowa 'Swift Boat Veteran' Never Met Kerry In Vietnam Iowa Channel.com
Dole’s ugly partisanship Quad City Times
all 5 related »

Bush, Kerry refight Vietnam
London Free Press, Canada - Aug 23, 2004
... Instead, US journalists have been reviewing in minute detail conflicting reports of Kerry's service in Vietnam, where he earned a Bronze Star, Silver Star and ...

Dole hammers Kerry on Vietnam record

Chicago Sun Times, IL - Aug 23, 2004
... attacked the president for his service during the Vietnam years,'' while the Republican's campaign has ''so strongly praised'' Kerry's tour of duty in Vietnam.
Not So Swift John Kerry's dubious Vietnam revisionism.
MSNBC - Aug 24, 2004
... I have no idea whether John Kerry is or is not telling the unvarnished truth about his service in Vietnam. (I am pretty sure, though ...
Eyewitnesses only proof for claim Kerry lied - Vietnam vet
Stuff.co.nz, New Zealand - Aug 22, 2004
WASHINGTON: A veteran who disputed Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry's Vietnam war record has acknowledged he had no proof to back his charge that ...
Ex-commander backs Kerry on Vietnam
Stuff.co.nz, New Zealand - Aug 22, 2004
PITTSBURGH: A journalist who commanded a boat alongside John Kerry in Vietnam has broken a 35-year silence to defend the Democratic presidential candidate ...

Reuters Former Swift Boat Commander Backs Kerry on Vietnam
Reuters - Aug 21, 2004
PITTSBURGH (Reuters) - A journalist who commanded a boat alongside John Kerry in Vietnam broke a 35-year silence on Saturday and defended the Democratic ...
leeinwv
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is a disgrace the way the media is so one sided.
gia_lin_fo
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose that not one showed any of the purported documentation to support their position, just, trust me, would I lie to you. I heard Brit Hume say the same thing without documenting the assertion.

I would prefer to see the documents and make up my own mind.
EODARMY
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:53 pm    Post subject: Who need's Communism? Reply with quote

Who needs Communism to control the media? What does one call it when the media in the Pew Poll indicates that it is 93% liberal and only 7% conservative?
Frogg
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ever listen to our "liberal" journalists talk about why they got into journalism? It is never "to seek the truth".....it is always to "change the world". The liberal media would like to "believe it as they report it".

Ever listen to liberals out there on forums.....they despise FoxNews. What's different about FoxNews? It lets the conservative voice be heard along side the liberal voice so people can decide for themselves. Liberals "hate" FoxNews because they can longer promote their agenda on America.
Michmaddave
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fox is burying CNN in the ratings, and I think people are catching on to the left wing bias.
It does show the power the msm had, "in the good ol days" when they were the ONLY source of info for Americans, they could color and shape opinions to suite their agenda.
Wasn't that what the term "the fifth column" was implying? That the press was itself a political power in this country (at least it was before talk radio and Fox news came along)>
No wonder the msm is so nostalgic for the Viet Nam War days,...
RocketFett
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about you guys, but I'm perfectly willing to take the media down right along with kerry. They seem to be under the illusion that somehow most American people get their news ONLY from their pathetic tv broakcasts. American's that REALLY want to know what's REALLY going on, are getting news from the net and radio and FOX news also, and when they see consistantly that the regular TV and most print media contradicts or fails to mention all toghther the real news that the internet and talk radio quote AND cite, and that FOX news actually does report on, they become further irrelevant and it becomes blatantly obvious that they're left wing media lap dog hacks, which is what everyone here knows them to be anyway. They're kerry's little butt sniffing dogs, and when he goes down, I hope he hangs tight on that leash he has them on and drags them down with him never to return.
7rrfs
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The official Naval docs support Kerry. Thats the story that is out there right now. The citations etc show Kerrys version of events as accurate and in many cases directly contradict the SwiftVets. That inconsistencies exist in the record - Tour of Duty being an example of NON-official - is beside the point to the news media. That Kerry's DD214 is fraduluent is beside the point. (Which amazes me to no end ... How does that story have no legs?)

That some of the SwiftVets once supported Kerry matters because it is public record and can be proven. That Kerry initiated and submitted false reports that were turned into the official citations HAS NOT BEEN PROVEN.

Unless something surfaces - and pronto - that can be used to prove what the SwiftVets are saying, then I think all will be for naught. A backlash is brewing and needs to be counteracted now. IMHO.

ONeill is an attorney. I find it hard to believe that he isnt bringing forth evidence that is more solid than he has. Something that would stand up in court kind of evidence. At this point it will have to be alot of somethings to be effective - in my humble opinion.

The media will continue to pound the SwiftVets and discredit them until something with some teeth surfaces.

Even if an effective push were to begin on Kerrys anti-war activities - the effect will be minimal now.

Thats my take and I am sticking with it.
Grampa
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

7rrfs wrote:
The official Naval docs support Kerry. Thats the story that is out there right now. The citations etc show Kerrys version of events as accurate and in many cases directly contradict the SwiftVets. That inconsistencies exist in the record - Tour of Duty being an example of NON-official - is beside the point to the news media. That Kerry's DD214 is fraduluent is beside the point. (Which amazes me to no end ... How does that story have no legs?)

That some of the SwiftVets once supported Kerry matters because it is public record and can be proven. That Kerry initiated and submitted false reports that were turned into the official citations HAS NOT BEEN PROVEN.

Unless something surfaces - and pronto - that can be used to prove what the SwiftVets are saying, then I think all will be for naught. A backlash is brewing and needs to be counteracted now. IMHO.

ONeill is an attorney. I find it hard to believe that he isnt bringing forth evidence that is more solid than he has. Something that would stand up in court kind of evidence. At this point it will have to be alot of somethings to be effective - in my humble opinion.

The media will continue to pound the SwiftVets and discredit them until something with some teeth surfaces.

Even if an effective push were to begin on Kerrys anti-war activities - the effect will be minimal now.

Thats my take and I am sticking with it.

Despite the spin, the records are actually NOT backing up Kerry right now. Too many interviews and documents that Kerry himself has posted contradict themselves outright. People aren't stupid, especially veterans. They know the deal. The media THINK they are pounding the SBVT, but they are like kittens batting a polar bear right now; completely ineffectual. They also expose their naked bias for all to see that care to look. True that doesnt matter vs the Kerry Koolaid drinkers, but those undecided or those with good heart that trusted Kerry because he was a veteran are getting their eyes opened.

He will lose this November

The truth is coming to get John Kerry and it is sweet to see.
jladika
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:09 pm    Post subject: You're right Reply with quote

This is proven by polls that show that 25% of swing voters are beginning to question Kerry's service(or lack of it) in Vietnam.

Last edited by jladika on Wed May 18, 2011 8:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
JK
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:14 pm    Post subject: Press is in high gear to support Kerry...... Reply with quote

I always expected the "liberal" press to support Kerry and do whatever they can to discredit the swift boat veterans. Earlier today while listening to a major NY radio station the commentator kept saying that somewhere in the middle is the truth between Kerry and swift boat veterans. The commentator did give the swift boat veterans full credit for exposing Kerry's lie that he had been to Cambodia. Other discussion focused on the awarding of the first purple heart, commentator saying someone other than Kerry's superior officers approved his purple heart, I expect that if any good reporter ever followed the paper trail they will find that Kerry pulled strings and deceived the military to award his purple heart, the major news item is Kerry could recommend his own purple heart and he didn't need the approval of his commanding officer(s). I see Kerry in Vietnam reviewing every military regulation to use for his personal advantage regardless of his men. As time passes more and more Americans will question whether he is really a hero and served honorably.

JK
Fabius Cunctator
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's one more media outlet that is following the Kerry talking points. Gergen seems to have "grown" too much during his time in the Clinton Frat Party, too much for my liking, because US News has been one of the more even handed news mags in the market.

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/issue/040830/opinion/30edit.htm

It's a good reason why we need to bypass the so-called MSM and go direct to people, one on one, via the internet, etc.

The fact of the matter is, the Dimwit party has been trashing politics since Nixon's Watergate scandal, and has been blaming the Republicans for it. The Republicans have no answer (which is why I left that party in disgust) and just roll over, with few exceptions. Remember the sleeze factor during Reagan's presidency, and the abuse Bush has had to suffer since 2000... It's Hitler/Goebbels Big Lie theory all over again, and the left in this country plays it too well. That's why, if we don't keep up the pressure aggressively, Kerry may end up pulling this one out of his a--. Really and truly, the media is his unpaid 527, doing his bidding at every turn.

"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum; qui victoriam cupit, milites inbuat diligenter; qui secundos optat eventus, dimicet arte, non casu. Nemo provocare, nemo audet offendere quem intellegit superiorem esse, si pugnet." - F. Vegetii Renati Epitoma Rei Militaris, AD 380
7rrfs
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Despite the spin, the records are actually NOT backing up Kerry right now. Too many interviews and documents that Kerry himself has posted contradict themselves outright. People aren't stupid, especially veterans. They know the deal. The media THINK they are pounding the SBVT, but they are like kittens batting a polar bear right now; completely ineffectual.

Did you see the poll where 50% think the President is behind the 'smear and slime' on Kerrys <ahem> good name?

I still contend, that unless a smoking gun directly linking Kerry as the originator of the after action reports etc is found then he squiggles free. To me this is the key.

The waters are indeed muddied now. I think the evidence points directly at Kerrys throat. What I think isnt enough. Until enough "indisputable" evidence is put forth Kerry will be able to spin it - with the help of the media - to at least a tie. And a tie in this isnt good enough.

No, people arent stupid. But not enough of them follow as closely as you or I. Try to watch the news with a 'casual' attitude to the entire SwiftVet thing and the media response. Its pretty much a toss up to the casual observer. Just the headlines, just the lead lines on the stories. And thats all that Kerry needs.

That is what I believe he is banking on.

60 some days out is a long time. I am thinking that a couple of few (!) bomb loads are due on Kerrys head. Starting just after the Convention maybe?
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leeinwv wrote:
I think it is a disgrace the way the media is so one sided.

It's not just a disgrace, it's FRIGHTENING.

Think about the effects of this over the past 30 years on all of us, and on our children today.

-- FDL
oasis
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Vietnam POWs Say Kerry's Words and Deeds Were Used by Guards to Torture Them

The following testimony is what is needed to defeat Kerry..

Quote:

Posted Aug. 4, 2004
By Richard Tomkins

John Kerry accused American GIs of widespread war crimes while testifying before Congress in the early 1970s.

John Kerry's bid to become commander in chief of wartime America has opened old wounds among some former Vietnam-era POWs who bristle over Kerry's antiwar activism and atrocity allegations during the Vietnam conflict.

Those activities and statements, pushed out of sight by a campaign that spotlights Kerry's service in Vietnam, were used by the POWs' North Vietnamese captors to sap the morale of prisoners and U.S. troops still in the field in South Vietnam, former POWs told United Press International.

"They were always talking about that [antiwar demonstrations], and they picked right up on Kerry's throw-away line, 'Don't be the last man to die in a lost cause, or die for a lost cause,'" said Kenneth Cordier, an Air Force pilot who spent 2,284 days as a prisoner. "They repeated that incessantly. ... They used these photographs and inputs, voice tapes, whatever, from these peace people to try to convince us the whole country had turned antiwar and we were showing a very bad attitude and would never go home."

Jim Warner, a prisoner of the North Vietnamese in the Hoa Lo prison complex -- known to U.S. servicemen as the Hanoi Hilton -- remembers Kerry. He became acquainted with him, he said, when a North Vietnamese guard and interrogator the prisoners nicknamed "Boris" took Warner to the quiz shack in the complex's punishment camp called "Skid Row" in May 1971.

During a four-hour propaganda and harassment session, Boris pulled papers from his pocket and gave them to Warner to think about, he said. Some were clippings from a leftist newspaper in the United States. The other was a typewritten transcript of Kerry's testimony before a U.S. Senate panel in which he repeated allegations of U.S. troops routinely committing atrocities, attacking the war and saying communism was not a threat in Vietnam.

The atrocity allegations were garnered from the so-called Winter Soldier Investigation in Detroit in early 1971, in which actress and activist Jane Fonda and Kerry, a leader of Vietnam Veterans Against the War (VVAW), were involved.

At that event people claiming to have seen combat in Vietnam alleged committing atrocities -- rape, cutting off of ears and heads, murdering women and children -- on a routine basis and with the knowledge of their superiors. Many of the allegations proved false or could not be documented, and the veracity and identities of many witnesses later came into question.

"It was the stuff about the Winter Soldier," Warner said. "The paper he showed me, the statements from John Kerry, were separate. And the stuff that was supposed to be from Kerry was a typewritten transcript of a few pages, but he was pointing to the statements. I can't quote the statements, but essentially they were the same as those being played now on talk shows of his testimony in front of the Senate."

Warner was in his Marine Corps F-4B aircraft when he was shot down over North Vietnam on Oct. 13, 1967, and was held for 1,979 days. He told UPI that in that confrontation with the North Vietnamese officer he was told "these statements [by Kerry] ... were proof I deserved to be punished. I was pretty sure they weren't going to do anything, but in the summer of '69 they had spent four months trying to get information out of me, and I still had the memory of my mistreatment -- sleep deprivation, leg irons, a cement box in the sun [and feet and ankles swollen from chains digging into the flesh].

"The memory of that was still pretty fresh in my mind, and I was extremely uneasy. Every time he mentioned [the papers], this officer said I committed crimes, that this war was illegal. I just had no idea. ... All along they told us they would execute us for our 'crimes.'"

Particularly galling for Warner was his parents' brief participation at an antiwar event in Detroit where they said their son was a prisoner and they hoped he would be released. Warner said he never spoke to his parents about that after his return -- it just wasn't something talked about -- but his sisters had told him Fonda and Kerry were involved in getting his parents to appear, an appearance he believes lent a measure of respectability to the event.

Warner said Kerry and VVAW, which had staged large demonstrations in Washington, often were mentioned in the radio broadcasts that played incessantly over the camp's loudspeakers.

"On our [former POW] listserve there are many people who mention hearing Kerry on Radio Hanoi and how much that infuriated them," Warner said, "but I don't know of anyone else confronted like that."

Cordier, now living in Texas, doesn't recall Kerry's name specifically being used in interrogations, propaganda broadcasts by Hanoi Hannah (Radio Vietnam) or during "attitude checks" -- political indoctrination sessions -- since Kerry was then not a household name. But he said he does remember the North Vietnamese using the so-called Winter Soldier investigations and photographs of war veterans, both real and imposters, throwing military medals over the White House fence.

Paul Galanti, a former Navy pilot who spent 2,432 days in captivity and worked on the 2000 primary campaign of fellow former POW Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), also remembers the broadcasts.

"It was propaganda. They stopped torturing us after Ho Chi Minh died pretty much, but all that stuff we got banged on -- they wanted us to say and to confess to war crimes and killing babies and all this other stuff," he said. "They kept talking about Vietnam Veterans Against the War, they had seen the right way and blah, blah, blah, and they were on our side, they had crossed over to the peoples' side and all that stuff."

Galanti said he didn't know Kerry's name then, although he had seen a newspaper photograph while in captivity that showed someone who looked like Lurch (a character in The Addams Family television show in the mid-sixties). Like others, they had only heard newscasts about a former Navy lieutenant and the antiwar movement. "I figured out who it was later," he said.

Cordier, Warner and Galanti said although the antiwar protest propaganda was sometimes disheartening, the North Vietnamese failed in their attempt to use it to break the prisoners' will.

"It didn't make us want to give up, it just made us feel discouraged that there were people who felt that way about us," said Warner, who works as a corporate attorney.

Cordier, Galanti and Warner are dead set against Kerry becoming president. Cordier says it's just not Kerry's antiwar past, but his record till now, including his voting against funds for troops in Iraq.

"The measure of a person's character is their whole history up until the present," he said. "It's not what they say they believe or what they'll do when president or all these platitudes. ... And he has consistently taken the side of our enemies and other countries that oppose us or have a different viewpoint."

Joe Crecca, who was shot down over North Vietnam in 1966 and held for 2,280 days, won't be supporting Kerry either, accusing him of having "betrayed those who served with him by falsely accusing them of war crimes and a host of other things as soon as he returned to the U.S.A."

Now is the time for veterans to organize under Swift Boat Veterans for Truth and march to Kerry's house or houses and present to him Form 180 to sign for the release of his military records . If he has nothing to hide he will do it.

Now speaking of video add ideas it is all right here in the following Swift Boat Veterans for Truth video conference.

The following video link discribes why Swift Boat Veterans for Truth organized.

SwiftVets against Kerry News Conference Video

Please donate to the.. RED CROSS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: