SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John Kerry: Not So Swift

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
W.P. Wily
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:34 am    Post subject: John Kerry: Not So Swift Reply with quote

Not sure how new this is but this "what-were-they-thinking" article by Michael Graham has some good lines in it.

John Kerry: Not So Swift

Quote:

...what genius in the Democratic Party looked at John Kerry and said, "Yeah, Vietnam — that's the ticket!" Why not get Scott Peterson to run for attorney general as the pro-life candidate?

There are people in American public life for whom Vietnam would be a worse campaign issue than it is for John Kerry. Jane Fonda, former members of the Kent State National Guard, Lt. William Calley of My Lai …

That's about it.

Full article:

http://www.free-times.com/Usual_Suspects/suspects.html
ATCS
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a couple of other zingers:

Quote:
When you turn the Democratic National Convention into a four-day screening of Apocalypse Now — complete with the candidate's own home movies; when you stride to the podium with a crisp salute and a "reporting for duty"; when your political entourage has more military uniforms in it than the coatroom of a Subic Bay bordello; in short, when you base much of your campaign for president on two tours of duty in 'Nam — you, sir, have no right to complain that your opponents are too obsessed with the past.

Quote:
Do you really want Mr. and Mrs. Typical flipping through photo albums of John Kerry hanging out with hippies and throwing away the ribbons from his medals?

Well written article, thanks for posting that!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: