SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Letter to Bill O'Reilly
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RideAHarley
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:54 pm    Post subject: eMail to Bill.. Reply with quote

I have been trying to email BOR for two days now and it keeps coming back to me as undeliverable.
I thought I might have the wrong address so I went right to the web site and used the email link there and it came back again.
Is anyone else having the same problem ?

Semper Fi
RideAHarley.com - Prescott, Arizona

Last edited by RideAHarley on Sun Sep 05, 2004 12:47 am; edited 2 times in total
wvobiwan
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:07 pm    Post subject: My Letter to Bill Reply with quote

Sent this letter this morning, Aug. 30. A little late responding to his paranoid Talking Points memo of Aug. 27th:

Hi Bill,

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,130338,00.html

I read your on-line talking points memo of Friday the 27th today. I wonder if you aren't making judgments yourself about what's truth or not in your idea of 'fair and balanced' reporting, this is the gist of Ann Coulter's comments in regard to your Swift Boat coverage. John Kerry's veracity, character, integrity, and honor are very important questions in this presidential race, as are George Bush's. The left has no problem with it, and your cheap seats on the fence do a disservice to your readership.

I don't believe that you did serious investigation of the issue first, you immediately came out with a blanket condemnation of the story and the Swift Boat organization - I was watching very closely. Now that one Kerry medal after another is falling, now that his crass, opportunistic betrayals of the 70s are being highlighted, you want the story to go away.

Now that Kerry's camp is back-peddling and nuancing at break-neck speed on Kerry's Vietnam/Post Vietnam history you are forced to defend your non-stance. C'mon Bill, they've even now called out Clinton, the master of 'aw, shucks, poor me'.

I believe you were and are still wrong about Swifties, don't you think you should just admit it and cover the story properly before the entire world scoops you?

Report and let the chips fall where they may, the events will choose the side, not you.

Okay, your fence-sitting may work for you and your career - but it's cheap journalism and my admiration for you has lessened.

Doug
Harpers Ferry, WV
noc
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slednfool wrote:
Found the address on the corporate website.

Bill O'Reilly c/o
Fox News Channel
1211 Avenue of the Americas,
2nd Floor, New York, NY 10036

Should I enclose a letter along with my books and gear?

My email letters to O'Reilly keep getting deleted and that is if they make it through. So I'm going to take this advice and send it snail mail along with my copy of his book.

btw. My other letters to fox are going through.
BillGremm
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O'Relly was a draft dodger. The guy went and taught in an inner city highschool to avoid military service. He is not credible period with these issues.

Isn't interesting how he always brings up what a big man he is because he taught school and then you find out that he taught because he is a well I'll say it a pansy.
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nomorelies wrote:
Yep. I've had enough of BOR as well. No one believes anymore that he's looking out for the folks. Yeah right. He's looking out for his ratings and is trying to attract more liberal viewers. I don't understand but I sure can't take any more of his pomposity. "Plunk your magic twanger froggie" (that's when I hit the remote button and change the channel.

You hit the nail on the head. Follow the money the longer the race is close the better the ratings which equates into more money for the media outlets. BOR is doing his part from Bush gaining a lead wher viewers will begin to tune out.

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vortex O'Reilly

Is spinning the SBFT guy's so hard that he is creating a water spout that he won't be able to free himself from.

CWV

RideAHarley
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:24 pm    Post subject: Bills answer to military service.. Reply with quote

I like Mr. O and have watched him for years.. but, what always makes me laugh is (since he didn't serve in the military) is when he says he knows what combat is like (up close and personal) because he was a reporter in El Salvador (or someplace) and has "seen" combat (I guess through his microphone). He makes himself sound like he is some war hardened veteran.

Well Mr. Bill.. I wonder, as a reporter, how many rice fields you waded through, how many nights of standing perimeter patrol after working in the 120+ heat, so tired you couldn't function (in a company so short that you sometimes had to stand watch for 4 hours, get 4 hours sleep and then stand another 4 hour watch), how many nights of wading through **** and muck up to your neck miles and miles from base on an ambush, how many nights you were in a bunker so tired your eyes played tricks on you so badly you swore you saw the enemy in the shadows right in front of you, how many nights you struggled with every bit of effort in your body to stay awake knowing the disaster that could happen if you dozed off even for a second, so friggin tired you couldn't keep your eyes open.. I wonder how many nights you stood on an ambush line so dark and black you couldn't see 10 feet in front of you.. so scared out of your witts your teeth were chattering. I wonder if you spent 14 months in "your combat zone" (as this Marine did) after only being in country not more than 5 minutes before you were being shot at. I wonder, Mr. O, how many days you stood in the Monsoons soaking wet to the bone because your country couldn't supply you with a poncho. I wonder, Mr. O, how long you waited for new boots (when yours were falling off your feet) because your country couldn't supply you with a new pair. I wonder, Mr. O, how many times you ate crap out of a box (called C-rations), lighting bits of C4 high explosives to try and heat it up a little while your govenment flew in hot meals to the villages (in their people to people, you be nice to them, they will be nice to you.. garbage), only to be shot in the back when you were leaving.

I wonder, Mr. O, how many times you woke up only to find out the guy you had bunked next to for months was going home in a body bag. Or, who would be next, or, if it would be you. I could go on and on about my 14 months in Nam (and I didn't have it near as bad as a lot of soldiers over there).. but I won't because I know what your answer to the above would be. You saw combat, so you know what it is like.

So, Mr O. Don't tell me I don't have the right to question anyone's combat record. 3 Purple hearts and never bled.. 4 months in country and fit to be commander in cheif. I don't think so Mr. O.

RideAHarley.com - Prescott, Arizona

Last edited by RideAHarley on Sun Sep 05, 2004 12:32 am; edited 4 times in total
leeinwv
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I've been a BOR Premium Member for quite a while, actively participating in his Feedback Zone. I have NEVER seen the members so upset with him over any other issue.

He said on the air last week his members agreed with him about swiftvets
Glad to hear the truth
leeinwv
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Okay, your fence-sitting may work for you and your career - but it's cheap journalism and my admiration for you has lessened.

I feel the same way here. I used to watch all the time now he irritates me
USAF66-70
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:44 pm    Post subject: emailed Bill Reply with quote

Just emailed Bill at oreilly@foxnews.com:

Hi Bill. Love the show. Been nonplussed, however, by your, IMHO, unreasonable refusal to honestly weigh the SBVT documented evidence. They're honorable & decorated vets, not truly all that partisan, entitled to free speech ... not like the slime merchants that attacked you.

Is it possible that you've miscalculated? This thing is exploding, and many of your faithful have been irritated by your perfunctory dismissal of SBVT. Any luck getting Kerry on yet? Heard you got Bono ... is he an American?

Come on Bill, give the SBVT their due. My advice: admit the miscalculation, & apologize and email me if you do so I'll know to listen. Hey Bill, just looking out for you.
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great letter USAF 66-70.

CWV USAF 75-79

eXcel
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

julsmith wrote:
I just emailed BOR to tell him I was boycotting until he gives the SwiftVets a fair shake.......

Smile

same here.
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto

markasass
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leeinwv wrote:
Quote:
I've been a BOR Premium Member for quite a while, actively participating in his Feedback Zone. I have NEVER seen the members so upset with him over any other issue.

He said on the air last week his members agreed with him about swiftvets
Glad to hear the truth

His claim, on air, that his members agreed w/ him about the SwiftVets is one of the things that caused his Premium Members ($4.95/month) on the Feedback Zone to go ballistic. His statement was patently false. Anyone can read the Feedback Zone threads, for oneself, to determine what was being said by the members. They most certainly did NOT agree with Bill.

Then, when one of his polls came back, at a then 62% NO to 38% YES response, to the question "Are you tired of hearing about the SwiftVets?", he said, "I don't care if my members want to keep talking about the SwiftVets. This is over" (or something to that effect as I don't have the exact quote). This was the final straw for many Premium Members, who could not believe their ears. BOR was intentionally dissing his own supporters.

BTW, many members had been asking BOR to use this poll question, "Do you think the SwiftVets are telling the truth?" He refused to do so, as he knew that the respondents would vote overwhelmingly in the affirmative. Instead, he basically asked a leading question, i.e., "Are you TIRED of hearing about the SwiftVets". One could tell then, by the tone and texture of the question itself, how BOR actually felt.

Whether Bill is ashamed of dodging the draft, whether he is deferring to one of his bosses, whether he made the wrong snap decision and is just too proud to admit his mistake, or whether he is being blackmailed for some reason, I really don't know. All I do know is the Bill O'Reilly is DEFINITELY NOT "looking out for the folks" or "being fair-and-balanced", and that is a crying shame, IMHO.

"Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. To all the people you can. As long as you ever can." - Wesley
wvobiwan
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:48 pm    Post subject: Email to Bill O'Reilly Reply with quote

When you email Bill, for some reason the Oreilly@foxnews.com address on their website often isn't working.

When I send my letters I send them to bill.oreilly@foxnews.com and they seem to be delivered (no delivery failure messages).

Give it a shot!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: