SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

McAuliffe Distancing Himself from Kerry?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kiliman
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:29 pm    Post subject: McAuliffe Distancing Himself from Kerry? Reply with quote

Link courtesy of http://www.crushkerry.com

From HughHewitt.com http://hughhewitt.com/index.htm#postid847

Quote:
HEWITT: Now, should John Kerry meet with the press and answer all the questions about the Cambodia stuff?

MCAULIFFE: I think John Kerry ought to go before the press and answer any questions they put out there. I’m always for that. Absolutely. I also want George Bush to answer some questions why he said he now miscalculated the war in Iraq. He says that we can’t win the war on terror. I have a lot of questions for Bush.

HEWITT: Why hasn’t John Kerry met with the media since the Chris Wallace interview on the Sunday after the convention for extensive questions? He’s had a couple passerby’s on the airplane but nothing on film and he hasn’t met with the press.

MCAULIFFE: This is all news to me, Hugh. I don’t know. I will be glad to ask Senator Kerry why he’s not met with you or any other the other . . .

HEWITT: Not me, but anybody. But Chairman of the party aren’t you concerned he’s hiding from the press?

MCAULIFFE: John Kerry is out campaigning every single day. There are press on his plane, 40 press, there’s a backup plane loaded with press, he talks to them on the rope line going in and out of the plane. I’m on the plane. I see him talking to press every single day.

HEWITT: He hasn’t answered any of these questions about Swift Vote Veterans ads. People want to ask about the CIA man in Cambodia in 2003. Don’t they have a right . . .

MCAULIFFE: First of all, he shouldn’t have to answer questions about Swift Boat ads when you now have all the major publications have now come out and have now said first of all, that these guys are lying and not telling the truth. One gentleman admitted the other day last week what he had said was not actually himself seeing it, it was based on hearsay, so he was caught in a lie. There’s another gentleman come out and say that there was no enemy fire. He got a citation and his medal for enemy fire at the same incident as John Kerry. These Swift Boat ads are riddled with lies.

HEWITT: But Senator Kerry told the Washington Post in the June interview with Laurie Blumenfeld that he had taken this CIA man deep into Cambodia and . . .

MCAULIFFE: You keep asking me about Cambodia and I don’t know the answer.

HEWITT: But that’s not about Cambodia, it’s having made that mistake . . .

MCAULIFFE: What do I look like, Bob McNamara? I don’t know.

HEWITT: Do you think Bob McNamara would know that?

MCAULIFFE: Ask him.

HEWITT: Do you think anyone else who would have gone with him would have stepped forward by this . . .

MCAULIFFE: You’re going to ask him yourself. I just know the issues which relate to Cambodia.

HEWITT: Would you agree with me that he ought to sit down with a reputable member of the press and answer as many questions as possible?

MCAULIFFE: I’d like George Bush to sit down and answer questions too. They both should.

HEWITT: Should John Kerry do it soon?

MCAULIFFE: Listen to this. We have three presidential debates where people are going to ask whatever things they want. So, Hugh, the moderators have already been determined. I think you ought to call them and if this has really got you so stoked up, then you ought to call them and have John Kerry in front a national – 100 million people ask him at the debate. How’s that?

HEWITT: There are lots of Americans who are interested in this and there is plenty of media who would ask if he would only come out from hiding. Don’t you think that presidential candidates should be meeting with the press on at least a weekly basis?

MCAULIFFE: Hugh, he’s not hiding. This man has had the most extensive travel schedule. The press are on his plane. He’s with press constantly. I don’t know why you think he’s hiding.

HEWITT: When was the last time that he took questions on camera from journalists?

MCAULIFFE: I have no idea.

HEWITT: It was over a month.

MCAULIFFE: I will tell him that you are very concerned about this . . .
P. Aaron
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Democrats want any more success in the political arena. They might want to distance themselves from Terry McCaullife.
Sonar5
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was beautiful....

way to go....

Regards,
Joe

My Home at AboutPolitics.net:
http://www.aboutpolitics.net/phpBB2/index.php

producehawk
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would you buy a used car from this guy? Wink
cjg
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not let him in my car! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: