SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sen. Zell Miller - Comment here
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it interesting that liberal democrats and the MSM are so quick to call truth hate.

Could be that they hate hearing the truth?
RocketFett
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

POLL ON Senator Miller's speech! Go Vote! Smile http://www.glennbeck.com/page2/index.shtml
USWORHOCKEY
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The MSM and leftist guerillas feel speaking the truth is hate and raw meat attacks. Maybe thats why jk always lies. just a thought....[/quote]
GT
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was a Democrat through the 1980's but voted for Reagan. Then I switched to Republican because I was disgusted with the liberal values which took over the Democrats. I think many Democrats are hanging on to the Democrat party who hold Zell Miller's traditional values, hoping their party will see the light, but that won't happen. Zell Miller's speech was fantastic in its patriotism... it stirred my heart and made me so proud to have a man not be afraid to come out and speak what he knew was the truth about the battle we are in with Islamic terrorists, party be damned. Then his smacking the obnoxious Chris Matthews down on Hardball to the point where Matthews was submissive and obedient to him, even saying "yes, sir", was frosting on the cake.
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I think about it more -- Senator "give em' Zell" Miller's speech did something more than enlighten the uneducated about Kerry's military record.

Senator Miller's delivery of righteous anger gave a save place for our anger. The anger that I has burned in my heart for almost three years was expressed last night.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea - I loved the part when he was so angry at matthews that he told him he wished it was back in the times when he could challenge a man to a duel! And he condescendingly asked Matthews if he knew what a metaphor meant Very Happy
ProudDaughterofVet
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has taken me almost 12 hours to come down from my Zell "high" last night. My husband and I were jumping up and down, shouting "amen Zell"! Then, I just had to turn on Hardboiled..That in and of itself was worth money to pay to see..incredible, it is about time someone stood up for the truth..and in Zell, we got it ~ straightforward, and yes, full of fire..but so what? This is a war for God's sake..this is for the sake of our children, our freedom..and it is about our Nation not our political party..someone I wonder if the those opposed to W understand that..the media in their laments about "where is healthcare? jobs? medicare?" excuse me??? What good is a job when your city may be blown up by terrorists..NO, the most important thing is defending this great land, our freedoms..and having a man with character, honesty and integrity to lead us..Thanks for letting me have my say..
and in the words of Zell:
May God bless this great land and May God bless the George W. Bush!

PD
leeinwv
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Miller Raps Democrats, Calls Kerry Wobbly
NewsMax Wires
Thursday, Sept. 2, 2004 NEW YORK -- In a den of Republicans, Democratic Sen. Zell Miller asserted Wednesday that Senate colleague John Kerry's indecisive ways would encourage terrorists and weaken the country's defenses

How could the military trust him???
They know now what he did and who he is
Sisku Hanne
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I live & breathe, I doubt I'll ever see such a speech again. Zell just redefined good old righteous whup @ss!

We are all living history right now, and a large measure of that is due to the "little Swifboat that could"!! My admiration and gratitude is boundless.
MassInd
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:48 pm    Post subject: spitballs Reply with quote

Do you think the al-jazeera guys covering the convention know what a spitball is? Razz Razz
leeinwv
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It has taken me almost 12 hours to come down from my Zell "high" last night. My husband and I were jumping up and down, shouting "amen Zell"! Then, I just had to turn on Hardboiled..That in and of itself was worth money to pay to see

Same thing at my house. My husband and I was doing the same thing jumping up and down. Go Zell
Bystander
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was warm enough in my neck of the woods last night to have windows, doorwall, etc., open. Since all my neighbors know I live alone, I'm sure they thought I had lost it completely with my continual outbursts of YEA!!, RIGHT ON!!, and applause until my palms smarted!

At one time I would have thought it sacreligious to vote for anyone who was not a Democrat. Even though I, too, had become disilusioned with my party, it was VERY difficult to cast that first vote for Nixon. As the years have gone by, I keep knocking my head against the wall asking: Why did it take me so long to come to my senses? Now I'm working on my 11-years younger sister while there's still time to save her. Smile

Thanks to all who provided the link to Chrissy's interview with Miller. After the convention, I stayed with FOX/C-SPAN and missed it but was able to view it today.
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just heard a replay of parts of Zell's speech and the hair the back of my neck stood on end and started to get chills and tears all at once.

Amazing, I will never forget that speech for the rest of my life. I think I will by the DVD when it is available.

The answer to the question "where have all the real men gone" is Young Harris, Georgia.
vickie
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:29 pm    Post subject: Russert: "Zell Miller questioned Kerry's patriotism&quo Reply with quote

Russert" "Zell Miller questioned Senator Kerry's patriotism" This mornitn on NBC.

How can they characterize a DEMOCRAT, ex-marine Senator, worried about the future of his family and the future of his country criticizing John's 20 year Senate record as the most liberal Senator in the nation "as questioning his patriotism".

It is incredible that the MSM news hacks are adapting the party spin even before it is mouthed by the party hacks.

As for Zell, I am from Georgia. He did some really wacky stuff as Governor. At one time , we were the laughing stock of the nation when he proposed giving each expectant mother a tape of classical music to play for their baby in the womb, but last night "HE ROCKED"!

Zell is retiring again. He retired once but was called by the democrat Governor Barnes to finish senator Paul Coverdell's term. Coverdell dien in 2000.

It is just soo refreshing to see a Democrat unshackled from the chains of politics and political correctness speak his mind clearly and directly.

All the democrats can say is "he is questioning Kerry's patriotism"!

I wish someone else would free themselves from the shackles of political correctness and the "party line" and say "Damn right his patriotism is being questioned! He weaseled his way into undeserved medals. He lied about the medals, he lied about Cambodia, He lied about his dog VC, he lied about his comrades in Vietnam, he lied about throwing the medals over the wall, he lied about attending the meeting where the VVAW proposed killing 6 senators. He sold out his nation by going to Paris and meeting with the North Vietnamese as a naval reserve officer."

"He sold out he families of the POW/MIA's to improve realtions with Vietnam. He has consistently opposed spending for military hardware and even proposed cutting funding for intelligence as late as 1994."

"He voted against the 92 war. He would have let Sadam keep Kuwait. Even though this war ws approved by his sacred UN and his buddies in France. "

"Can we elect a man who is MORE TIMID than the French."

"His vote for the last gulf war was a political calculation. He was wanting to be President. He knew he was a liberal. He knew he needed to move to the right to make himself more appealing to more people. So he did the Kerry dance and voted for the war."

"Then came the 87 billion in funding, Dean was winning on his anti war rhetoric in Iowa. So, Kerry voted for it - then in the vote that counted, he voted against it. He even declared himself an antiwar candidate."

"If elected, there is no reason to believe that he would not sell us out again. He would sign the Kyoto treaty and give France a veto over our use of force."

"I don't believe that he would use our forces at all. I don't believe he has the conviction to face a father, or mother, or wife or son of a fallen soldier and thank them for their sacrifice."

There are ambitious tyrants out there. North Korea, China, Iran and Syria - would they be tempted to test John Kerry?

And the answer is YES!

Imagine just N. Korea. Would John negotiate "head to head" with conviction or would he just buy them off in exchange for Kim's promise that he will play nice?

Are they going to test George Bush? NO. Hell NO! They know that he is commanding a force of young Zell Millers who will back his words with lead and steel delivered precisely.
Malvern
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:43 pm    Post subject: Go Zell Reply with quote

While I think absolutely everything Zell Miller said in his speech was right on target, and needed to be said, the media seems to be overlooking (a-duh!) what he said about Wendell Wilkie.

"In 1940, Wendell Wilkie was the Republican nominee.

"And there is no better example of someone repealing their "private plans" than this good man. He gave Roosevelt the critical support he needed for a peacetime draft, an unpopular idea at the time.

"And he made it clear that he would rather lose the election than make national security a partisan campaign issue.

"Shortly before Wilkie died, he told a friend, that if he could write his own epitaph and had to choose between "here lies a president" or "here lies one who contributed to saving freedom," he would prefer the latter."

Clearly, Wilkie was an AMERICAN before he was anything else. Now, this happened quite some time before even I was born (honest!), and since it was not included in any history class I ever took (high school or college) last night was the first I knew of what Wendell Wilkie had done. However, I do feel vindicated. Much to the chagrin of Colmes, and his ilk, for a long time I’ve been asking if the dem/libs are truly democrats BEFORE they’re American. Guess it was a valid question after all. And I think we all know the answer.

Malvern
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: