SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Washingtion Post Graphic shows Kerry Fleeing other boats
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry is sounding more like the character played by Tim Conway from McHale's Navy. He wouldn't know starboard from a starfish, if he says that the boat made a right into the bank, and into the line of supposed fire. Lucky for him that he had his tape measure handy to verify how far out of the water his boat was blown, because even F-ing has probably figured out that one couldn't tell that from inside the wheel house. Another Fearless Fosdick point is how he was able to further maneuver the boat after being blown two feet out of the water, because apparently the explosion left no holes or other impediments to it's operation. Talk about bullet proof, this guy is more powerful than a locomotive too!
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Swift boat is made out of pretty flimsy metal, for it's weight. I think an explosion that blew one "2 feet out of the water" could easily be proven that it would cause significant hull damage that would render it inoperable, like the 3 boat. What's it weigh, 30 tons (I believe I saw that stated). Let's see, 30 tons lifted 2 feet would be? LOL A LOT! Very Happy
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe that 2nd explosion was another self infected wound.
Norman Rogers
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the focus of the questioning about the Bronze Start incident ought to be the timeline. If we examine the sequence of events, there is a liklihood that ALL the eyewitnesses may well be telling the truth -- but it's even more damning for Kerry.

We have some eye-witnesses claiming they saw enemy fire, and some claiming there was none.

But all accounts agree that the undamaged boats -- other than PCF-94 -- immediately laid down supressing fire. The 94 boat fled 5000 yards downriver, then returned.

Thurlow and the Swiftees claim that when they ceased fire, all was quiet and they then set about rescuing the crew of PCF-3 and recovering the damaged 3 boat, an operation that took an hour-and-a-half.

The boats could not have been firing for more than a minute or two (they didn't have that much ammo ready).

Kerry could not have returned to pick up Rassmann in less than ten minutes, buy which time all fire had ceased.

So -- even though there could have been SOME enemy fire (for a few seconds), there could not have been ANY enemy fire at the time Kerry rescued Rassman. Hence, his Bronze start was certainly not earned.
LimaCharlie
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a picture of a Swift Boat that hit a mine out of Qui Nhon in early 1971. The Vietnamese crew said the explosion lifted it out of the water. It is not a pretty sight. They had to weld straps across it to keep it from breaking in half when the Army barge with the crane picked it up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: