SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry's Vietnam in campaigns flip flop

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
miltonsket
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:30 am    Post subject: Kerry's Vietnam in campaigns flip flop Reply with quote

JOHN KERRY IN 1992
Thursday, February 27, 1992;
SPEAKER: Mr. JOHN KERRY

"I am saddened by the fact that Vietnam has yet again been inserted into the campaign,
"What cries out to be said is that neither one group nor the other from that difficult period of time has cornered the market on virtue or rectitude or love of country."

"We do not need to divide America over who served and how. I have personally always believed that many served in many different ways"

"But while those who served are owed special recognition, that recognition should not come at the expense of others; nor does it require that others be victimized or criticized or said to have settled for a lesser standard. To divide our party or our country over this issue today, in 1992."

"We certainly do not need something as complex and emotional as Vietnam reduced to simple campaign rhetoric. What has been said has been said, Mr. President, but I hope and pray we will put it behind us and go forward in a constructive spirit for the good of our party and the good of our country."

JOHN KERRY IN 9/2/04 2004

"I'm not going to have my commitment to defend this country questioned by those who refused to serve when they could have and by those who have misled the nation into Iraq," Kerry said. "Neither Bush, who served in the Texas Air national Guard, nor Cheney went to Vietnam. The vice president obtained five deferments and has since said he had "other priorities" at the time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: