SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TANG Memo on Bush
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Debs
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think one of the giveaways to these 4 documents being fraudulent is in the superscripts. I typed a lot in the 1970's and no typewriter I ever used had an automatic superscript - we always had to roll up the carriage a 1/2 roll and type in the superscript - and the print was the same size in the superscript as the regular text, not smaller as in one of these documents that the typist forgot to correct the superscript. In the 1980's I typed a lot of theses on a Canon AP400 electronic typewriter with daisy wheels - as best I remember, I had to put in a code to put in a superscript or a subscript - I do not remember them being put in automatically.

In one of the memos, it is interesting to note that in the first part of the memo, "1st Lt." and "147th" were used, but a bit later in the same memo - same typist, "147 th" and "9921 st" are put in WITH A SPACE LEFT AFTER THE NUMBERS - why the spaces? In the first two instances, the typist spaced a space and typed the "st" and "th" and then DELETED THE SPACE between the letters and the numbers, thus preventing the word processor they were using to automatically put in a superscript. BUT IN THE LATTER TWO INSTANCES, THE TYPIST FORGOT TO DELETE THE SPACES BETWEEN THE NUMBERS AND THE LETTERS. A dead give away to what the typist was doing - trying to correct the automatic superscript the word processor would put in. Someone on this thread mentioned how to do this earlier, I am sorry I forgot who, but they were exactly right, and these documents to me prove that is what the typist was doing

Also in another memo they forgot to correct the automatic superscript and the superscipt is smaller than the regular print, suggesting either a word processor or an electronic typewriter, and I am not sure either was available in the early 70's.

Debbie
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good going Debbie
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I sent it to Powerline, Instapundit, and Cap'n Ed shortly after I started the thread here. With the help of my friends here we developed the story in about an hour. 2 hours later it's all over the internet. By this evening I'd bet it's a lead on Fox News.

God, I love the smell of teamwork in the morning!

Special thanks to YGTBK!

Tom
gulf1609
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucianne.com carrying this post as her Blogosphere truth of the day!
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom,

Does anyone have a copy of the two memos that the White House is supposed to have released? I'm reading that the White House admits to having two of the memos but I want to see the White House version.

I'm still VERY suspicious.
noc
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debs wrote:
I think one of the giveaways to these 4 documents being fraudulent is in the superscripts. I typed a lot in the 1970's and no typewriter I ever used had an automatic superscript - we always had to roll up the carriage a 1/2 roll and type in the superscript - and the print was the same size in the superscript as the regular text, not smaller as in one of these documents that the typist forgot to correct the superscript. In the 1980's I typed a lot of theses on a Canon AP400 electronic typewriter with daisy wheels - as best I remember, I had to put in a code to put in a superscript or a subscript - I do not remember them being put in automatically.

In one of the memos, it is interesting to note that in the first part of the memo, "1st Lt." and "147th" were used, but a bit later in the same memo - same typist, "147 th" and "9921 st" are put in WITH A SPACE LEFT AFTER THE NUMBERS - why the spaces? In the first two instances, the typist spaced a space and typed the "st" and "th" and then DELETED THE SPACE between the letters and the numbers, thus preventing the word processor they were using to automatically put in a superscript. BUT IN THE LATTER TWO INSTANCES, THE TYPIST FORGOT TO DELETE THE SPACES BETWEEN THE NUMBERS AND THE LETTERS. A dead give away to what the typist was doing - trying to correct the automatic superscript the word processor would put in. Someone on this thread mentioned how to do this earlier, I am sorry I forgot who, but they were exactly right, and these documents to me prove that is what the typist was doing

Also in another memo they forgot to correct the automatic superscript and the superscipt is smaller than the regular print, suggesting either a word processor or an electronic typewriter, and I am not sure either was available in the early 70's.

Debbie

Thanks Debs, You did a much better job of explaining this then I did.
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll bet if we got our mitts on the original documents, we would discover that they were not printed on an impact printer (typewriter or daisy wheel).

The least the moron who forged these could do would be to find a real typewriter!
Senior Chier
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even a memo for the record would have letterhead. Where is the letterhead for the memo???
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gulf1609 wrote:
Lucianne.com carrying this post as her Blogosphere truth of the day!

It is a DIRECT link to this thread!
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Powerlineblog is reporting that the issue has been resolved and is covered at littlegreenfootballs but I can't get there!
GoophyDog
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YGK: Definitely not a wheel. Look closely at some of the letter alignments and you'll see some that carry down (are below normal line of print) Usually indicative of a fast hit or a backspace correction.

You are right though, would need originals or a very good scan of them to see what it really going on.

Not that it really matters. This horse is not only beaten dead, its glue.
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking that some of the apparent alignment oddities are scanning artifacts. I don't think you'd have found a regular typewriter (not wheel or ball) that had proportional keys.
Skywatch
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?entry=12526_Bush_Guard_Documents-_Forged

Very compelling! See for yourself.

(Nice find Tom)
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is a good sign - the littl egreen footballs site is busy busy busy. I still am having trouble getting on it
noc
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Signatures? Reply with quote

RedneckBob wrote:
Someone take a look at this:

http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/pdf/BushGuardmay4.pdf

and this:

http://users.cis.net/coldfeet/doc27.gif

And tell me if you think those two docs were signed by the same guy?

-RB

Does someone have the original link on the second document? I am trying to send out a media blast.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 9 of 67

Jump to: