SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How Many "Symbols" Did Kerry Discard?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thordaddy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:35 am    Post subject: How Many "Symbols" Did Kerry Discard? Reply with quote

In the lastest SBVT commercial, Kerry is viewed claiming he threw away "6, 7, 8, 9" symbols. Is this just another lie by John Kerry? Is it another exaggeration or embellishment? Did Kerry receive more awards than the 3 PH, Bronze Star and Silver Star (5 total)?
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry's probably including his VN Service, Campaign and any other Ribbons that were given to everyone.
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either he can't (pronounced by kerry with a hard "k") count or he didn't put any value on the medals. I wonder if Max Cleland discarded his medals.
air_vet
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:40 pm    Post subject: The flip-flopper Reply with quote

Of course, he has said he didn't actually throw away "his" decorations - they were from someone else....

What kind of statement does THAT make - it's sort of like kissing your sister - either throw away your own medals of forget the whole thing.

It's just another example of candidate Kerry trying to have things BOTH ways.....
WHarold
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:48 am    Post subject: If he threw them away, why does he care he had them? Reply with quote

Just a quick question.

If the symbols his country gave him were thrown away as a protest then wouldn't it logically follow for him to say "I was awarded ribbons and medals for my actions. I believe those actions were not justified and therefore the awards were not justified. I do not accept the awards I was given. I did nothing to merit those awards. What I did was shameful."?

Instead, he says "I have 3 Purple Hearts" and "I symbolically threw them away." A classic case of wanting your cake and eating it, too, if you ask me.
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, he had 10 ribbons he wore. One exists ONLY as a ribbon (the PUC).

Let's see, he had the SS, PH(2 stars), BSM(V), CAR, PUC, NUC, VSM, two VN Gallanty medals, and the Vietnam Theater.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: