SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DNC " Bush never in Air Force" ad backfires
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BB Stacker
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing is, how stupid would you have to be to think (even if it were true), that it's actually relevent to anything now. Bush has a presidential record to look at that demonstrates how he would be/is as Commander and Chief. His recent history overshadows anything that happened more than four years ago. And he is not running his campaign on this ancient history.

Kerry on the other hand is a presidential wannabe with no presidential record. He is claiming that his Viet Nam experience is the primary qualifier for his presidential aspirations. That makes them quite relevent, as well as what happened since then and up to this time. That includes his antiwar activities. He still claims they were the right call so they are still fair game.

There is a significant difference in relevence of the two men's histories.
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I'm not sure any Dems are competent to empty the trash cans. They probably would just sit and throw the garbage all around."

Actually, after listening to Richard Holbroke explain what Kerry would do in Iraq if he were POTUS, I would have to say the jataylor is not being the least bit facetious. Holbroke, when asked a direct question about what Kerry would do wrt Iraq, replied that he (Kerry) would "meet with the leaders of other countries to get more help with Iraq, talk to the UN about what their role would be, and..."

I can't tell you what the third thing was, because my mind goes to sleep listening to these guys. It wasn't anything substantive. Wait! Now I remember, Kerry would "see about changing the government structure of Iraq."

To what? A totalitarian regime? It is being changed to a democracy-- or is that what you people would want to change? Why stop there? Why not just go ahead and change the US form of government and appoint yourselves King for Life?

"Meet with the leaders of other countries"? Like France? "Ask for more money"? To what end, Mr. Kerry?

You know, when I was growing up my dad had a friend that was a Marine Corp D.I., and I can just picture him in Kerry's face,veins in his neck bulging, and screaming, "JOHN F'N KERRY!! WHAT IS THE STRATEGY HERE?! SPEAK UP, SON!! YOU WANT TO BE PREZZZZZZIDENT OF THE WHOLE FRIGGIN' UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!! STOP WETTING YOURSELF AND SAY SOMETHING THAT MAKES SOME DAMN SENSE!!"

It is a sick and sorry day when Kerry isn't laughed off the platform. It is a sad and sorry day when he is considered a viable candidate. It is a sick and sorry day when Kerry is not down in every poll everywhere by double digits.

God help us, if Kerry is elected we will probably end up paying reparations to Saddam Hussein and Usama bin Laden.

The following has come into my hands, and is a copy of the notebook Kerry keeps in his briefcase. I can not reveal my source, (okay, it was Elvis) but I swear to it's authenticity.

President Kerry's (that's ME!) Strategy wrt IRAQ

Fly to France on Air Force One (just like I always, always, always wanted!) and meet with Chirac. Lick his hands and kiss his boots until he accepts the apology of the US for jeopordizing France's fat and illegal contracts with Hussein by having the audacity to export liberty and attempt to defeat terrorism. OH! The shame!

Pay reparations to all insurgents and their families that suffered as a result of US atrocities in Iraq.

Publicly condemn US troops for committing these atrocities, and hold multiple Abu Ghraib-type military tribunals, headed up by that other war hero, Weaazzzlleyy Clark.

Personal to-do list

Now that I finally, finally made President, ask mommy-Therezzzaa for a raise on my allowance so I can afford to pay back all the forgers, traitors and news anchors. Otherwise I might have to sell one of my mansions!

I, personally, am anxiously looking forward to the Kerry-Bush debates. I would say that I am looking forward to the Edwards-Cheney debates, but I am afraid that by the time the debates roll around, The Incredible Shrinking Vice-Presidential Candidate will be too tiny to see or hear.
vickie
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:29 am    Post subject: So if he was active duty for 120 days of training... Does th Reply with quote

http://www.drudgereport.com/bush.pdf

So if he was active duty for 120 days of training... Does this mean he was in the Air Force?

They try to parse and nit-pick but still they can' win....

But tomorrow they will wake up dream up a new batch of lies... And nobody will call them on the old ones. They just MoveON...
DC_Diva
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So if he was active duty for 120 days of training... Does this mean he was in the Air Force?

Technically and legally, yes, he was in the Air Force for 120 days. However, way back in 1977/78 someone working on his congressional campaign listed Air Force vs. ANG on a mailing (because they saw pilot and military and guessed wrong). When GWB saw it and he had it fixed, after that his record listed ANG only.

He joked in 1994 that as kid he had a rubber duckie and rubber sailboat, "be glad they didn't list Navy" LOL
Typical GWB, first to poke fun at himself

Boy that Laura is a lucky lady... Smile
larrygj
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, first the Rathergate fiasco and then the Watergate see-no-evil response from Blather/See BS, now this dud on Air Force v. TANG and the so-what-anyway factor...miles and miles from "the issues" and even Traitor John's fantasy Vietnam tour not playing well on the reruns...has Hurricane Ivan hit the DNC and all their boats are loose, is that what is going on?

Something very, very strange is going on in Kerryland. This is way beyond incompetence at work. It has all the look and feel of somebody determinedly doing dumb stuff that can be easily unmasked later and ridiculed. Though the dumbbell behind it all may be the candidate himself. Still, if Kerry is seen hiding in a fetal position somewhere sucking his thumb, thinking he is the victim of a conspiracy...chances are, he'd be right. Maybe it's the replaced Ted Kennedy people getting their revenge on the newly installed Clintonistas. Or vice versa.

I'm getting the feeling we're witnessing the third act of some very badly written children's play. Aren't the forged docs that suckered senile Rather proof enough of how transparently bogus the Kerry campaign has become?

Somebody smarter than me please explain what is going on if they think I don't have this right.

Larry
Nathanyl
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Kerry has no vision for the country and thus has no platform other then I can do better.

2. The far left wing and I mean way left are running his campaign. I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but you don't see the moderate democrats out doing much campaigning for this guy or backing him up. I think they'd rather see him sink.

3. The Clinton factor

4. The Swifties have exposed Kerry for what he is and Kerry's reaction to the swifties has shown people what sort of president he'd be.

5. The bloggers have exposed the msm for what it is.

Oh and I don't I'm smarter then you. My daughter sees it and she was going to vote for Kerry a month ago. I have her and her boyfriend both converted. Smile

6. Dan Rather and CBS Smile
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

larrygj wrote:

Something very, very strange is going on in Kerryland. This is way beyond incompetence at work. ...

I'm getting the feeling we're witnessing the third act of some very badly written children's play. Aren't the forged docs that suckered senile Rather proof enough of how transparently bogus the Kerry campaign has become?

Larry

I'm not big on conspiracy theories, something usually happens to out the conspiracy.

I do think there are schemers that bend, even break the law to obtain their goals. I also think there are people so blind in either their ambitions to constantly remain in power (did I say Clinton) that they will do anything to achieve it.

I think what you are watching is a life long ambition to be the next "JFK" finally be uncovered as a shallow dream without the necessary substantive work to achieve this goal. Kerry's career is merely the reflection of his idol the real JFK. Reflections are illusions, what we see in the mirror all depends upon the seer, not the image staring back.

In 4 months Kerry created a "war hero" persona. Unfortunately, Mr. Kerry failed to realize that one cannot set out to become a hero. Heroics is what happens when good, moral character developed over their lifetime mets circumstances during which one may exercise that same good character. Mr. Kerry meet his opportunity in Vietnam, he fled. First down that river 5000 meters, and then the country with 3 scratches.

After Vietnam, Mr. Kerry betrayed his band of brothers by slandering each of them. Some argue that Mr. Kerry did these things in order to end the war. To this day I have yet to hear an adequate explanation for how slandering the soldiers helped end the war. This testimony of Mr. Kerry's is the equivalent of a doctor figthing a disease by telling the patient they are bad.

Just as Kerry's reflection is just an optical illusion without substance, so is his Senate record. Nineteen years without sponsoring any substantive legislation. Kerry never submitted proposals for healthcare, job training or creation, educational improvements. Kerry assumed no leadership roles in the Senate.

So what are we seeing in the DNC campaign today. Kerry is looking at his reflection and seeing himself as POTUS. Many of Kerry's campaign workers are looking at Kerry's reflection and seeing someone who isn't George Bush. Many in the Democratic party are looking at Kerry's reflection and seeing their chance to reclaim the power that comes with the White House. None of these people are looking at the actual man --- just the reflection.

The trouble is that the rest of us are looking at the man John Kerry --- and I'm not seeing much of one.
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should hear the reception President Bush is getting from the NG convention. Astounding.
CandiM
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neverforget wrote:
You should hear the reception President Bush is getting from the NG convention. Astounding.

Is it being televised?--Where?--C
momofthreegirls
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They had it for a little while on FOX and MSNBC. They didn't cover the whole thing.
By the way did anyone see the interview with Sally Quinn of the Washington Post and formerly of CBS News on FOX News Live?
Martha McCallam asked her something like"What do you think of how Kerry and the Democrats are portraying service in the National Guard as not really serving?" (I am paraphrasing)
Quinn answered, "Well they are just 'weekend warriors'"
Martha just let her get away with it. I e-mailed her with my opinion of that remark. My cousin serves full time in the Air National Guard and those that don't serve full time have full time jobs and serve our country too. I was so mad!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: