SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just Hit Drudge Memo Content True
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FF1047
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:29 pm    Post subject: hardly Reply with quote

She hardly said the memo's were true. Just that she remembered similar stuff was talked about ... (of course never documented either)

Last edited by FF1047 on Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stacman wrote:
Yeah, yeah, yeah! Typical liberal spin control. Let's go find another third party to vouche for the memos that didn't exist in his original file, but turned up years later. And also attest to what that dead person was thinking at the time 30 years ago. I'm half her age, and barely remember what I had for breakfast, much less what I had for dinner last night. It's amazing how sharp these memories are after all these years for some obscure events (at the time).

I'd also be interested in knowing her past voting records and who her circle of friends are...

And if she ever realy worked on the base?
reconflyer
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:41 pm    Post subject: P.S. Reply with quote

We use the term "billets" extensively to this day in the active duty Air Force. A "slot" is a slang term for billet.

There is always the discussion of "billets" (the number of "slots" on your unit manning document) and "bodies" (the number of actual faces you have looking back at you when you assemble your unit). Of course there are never enough bodies to fill all the billets.

An important thing to remember about Air Force jargon is that we have much in common with our sister service, the Army, considering that is the institution from which we rose back in 1947. The Air Force's history as an autonomous service is relatively short compared to the other three...

So we have lots of Army words, just as the Marines have lots of Navy words.

reconflyer
Debs
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not buying this - too many of the dems' talking points over the last week - like about Bentsen's son. And Col. Lively said there was no waiting line to get into the TANG, just the National Guard. And is it just a coincidence she mentions Bentson's son getting preferential treatment who the dems have been talking about over the last week. I'm not buying it, and Killian's son has a good point about why his father would never keep such a file, and I believe his son. And, why would someone print out new memos on a computer if they had the "so-called" originals that they could fax? This is all very fishy, as is the timing. And, BTW, if she felt Bush was unqualified, where was this lady in 2000, or in 1994 when he was running for Governor of Texas, or in 1998 when he was running for re-election? These accusations have come up every time he has run for office - why now is she coming out? And, so very conveniently, with all the dems talking points.

Debbie
Debs
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, this state was run by Democrats in the 1960's and '70's. It's hard to see that a Republican's kid would get alot of preferential treatment anywhere here in Texas at that time.

Debbie
Chuck Z Ombie AC2000
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Her story is full of holes, she doesnt explain anything and even confirms that the memos were forgeries. Im sure the loony left will spin this but if you stop for a second and think about what shes saying it doesnt really say anything. you cant take the story of an 80 year old woman and her testimony of "that sounds like that" as evidence of any kind.
Paul R.
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I just posted elsewhere...

Memory is a funny thing. Especially if a bias or reason to want to believe something is present. I have no doubt OJ would pass a lie detector test while stating his innocence, and he probably truly believes it now. (Of course that's about 5 orders of magnitude past what we have here.)

My guess is that Killian was briefly peeved at Bush at one point. (As I've said before, how many officers or bosses are never upset at even the best of their subordinates at some point?) But, if at the end of Bush's time in the Guard, Killian thought Bush was a good officer, isn't that what counts?
openfish24
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:43 am    Post subject: good story Reply with quote

The memos are frauds

But

The content is true

man

what will they think of next

Pete Bartow
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
margie
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the secretary said she didn't vote for Bush in 2000 and wasn't going to vote for him in 2004
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the infamous George Costanza (Seinfeld): "It isn't a lie if you believe it is true."
joeshero
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This whole bizarre and pathetic story is getting more bizarre and pathetic. The document is faked but the story is true. Well, how we should understand it?

Well, I can always say "the moon is made of rice". That's the story. And I can create a faked document to support my claim. In other words, the story becomes trivial.

We are living in a trivial era. Truth becomes trivial. We can consider anything to be the truth and we can claim anything to be the truth. Well, as long as you are part of the mainstream media, you can just claim about anything to be the truth.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She named several other "sons of privilege" who got into the unit through preferential treatment -- undoubtedly through the efforts of former House Speaker and Lt Gov Ben Barnes, so someone should have her recall all the memos she typed 30 years ago about them. I doubt she can recall even one. How about memos she typed about the other several hundred guys who passed through the unit over the years she was there? Why just memos about Bush? At the time, all of those other "sons of privilege" should have stuck out just as prominently when she was typing memos. Maybe someone is pressuring her ...or worse.
Debs
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is another aricle referring to this:

DALLAS NEWS
She says Bush was "unfiit for office" and "selected, not elected." Also said that the fake memos reflect Killian's "viewpoints." Sounds just like her opinion, maybe influenced by her dislike for Bush, or, maybe from something worse.

Debbie
FireFox
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went through a little exercise to see if I could
remember who I worked with.

33 Years ago - can't remember any names
32 years ago - can't remember any names
30 years ago - 24 years ago: can remember 20% of
names
25 years ago - 20% of names
24 years ago - 20% of names
20 years ago - 70% of names

and it generally gets better after that though I need
to think about it for a little while.

1972 was 32 years ago and I have to think that
there were a lot of people going in and out of
her office. I can remember a few things from each
job that happened but a lot of that is faded.

How do you remember something as specific as
this from so long ago? One of the records that
showed that President Bush missed his physical
also had someone else that missed his physical
too. Did she remember his name as well?

I was thinking that she remembered the memo
but that the actual date of the memo was really
closer to his birthday.
llano
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She is just like my father-in-law. He would put on a dress and say he was there & typed the memos if he thought he could get away with it. He hates Bush that bad.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: