SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Does Kerry owe Veterans an apology?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Does Kerry owe Veterans an apology?
Yes, John Kerry does owe veterans an apology.
90%
 90%  [ 18 ]
No, John Kerry does not owe veterans an apology.
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 20

coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:17 pm    Post subject: Does Kerry owe Veterans an apology? Reply with quote

If yes, make your case.
If no, make your case.

Note to administrater please remove my previous post.

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
Craig

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Does Kerry owe Veterans an apology? Reply with quote

coldwarvet wrote:
If yes, make your case.
If no, make your case.

Note to administrater please remove my previous post.

Could he owe an apology to those who agree with him?
Perhaps it is you who owe the apology.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John "F"in Kerry owes each and every single person that went to Vietnam and did their duty honorably a huge apology. It is up to us whether or not to accept that apology, if he ever gave one. Liberal elitist seem to feel they never need really apologize, though.

How he would manage an apology to the 58,000 names on the Wall he dishonored, I don't know.
Saint
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can any of you "Vets" explain to me why John McCain and Bob Dole, both distinguished Vets, have publicly called for an end to this bashing of Kerrys Military Record. Hell McCain did it on the Senate Floor. Doesnt McCains request matter to you Nam Vets. Certainly you would not disagree with John McCain or slander him? Would you?
Craig

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
John "F"in Kerry owes each and every single person that went to Vietnam and did their duty honorably a huge apology. It is up to us whether or not to accept that apology, if he ever gave one. Liberal elitist seem to feel they never need really apologize, though.

How he would manage an apology to the 58,000 names on the Wall he dishonored, I don't know.

Perhaps you dishonor them by dragging them into your hate mongering agenda.
Since they cannot speak for themselves and if they could a lot would likely not agree with you at all, so why don't you just let them be?
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Since they cannot speak for themselves and if they could a lot would likely not agree with you at all, so why don't you just let them be?

More of your Liberal BS, Craig? You cannot speak for them either. However, I didn't speak for them, just stated I felt he owed them an apology also.

However, since Vietnam veteran support for Kerry is rapidly decreasing, as others discover what a fraud and deceitful liar he is, I can't imagine them not also wanting an apology.

You are letting your hatred of Bush and Vietnam vets in general cloud your logic and always, keep you blowing smoke out your ass.
Saint
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
Quote:

More of your Liberal BS, Craig? You cannot speak for them either. However, I didn't speak for them, just stated I felt he owed them an apology also.

However, since Vietnam veteran support for Kerry is rapidly decreasing, as others discover what a fraud and deceitful liar he is, I can't imagine them not also wanting an apology.

You are letting your hatred of Bush and Vietnam vets in general cloud your logic and always, keep you blowing smoke out your ass.

Like the Vietnam Vet Vote Gets people elected. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Lets see.... Bob Dole...distinguished WWII hero - lost to Draft Dodging Monica ******* Clinton.... Laughing Laughing Laughing and oh yeah.... Decorated WWII Fighter Jock, Bush Sr, goes down in flames to the same Draft Dodger. Amazing. Laughing Laughing Laughing
d19thdoc
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saint wrote:

Quote:
Like the Vietnam Vet Vote Gets people elected.

No, but it does get a Democrat nominated. And in a close election, any sub-group with 8 million members (Vietnam era Vets) might just possibly make some difference, don't you think? Kerry was going nowhere fast until Jim Rassman turned up in Iowa and thanked him for saving his life in Nam. It was his most important endorsement. His status as an honorable Nam vet is his main campaign persona, it has always been his milk wagon, and he knows it. So much so that it has been a joke in Massachusetts for a generation. If that image is ruined his credibility is gone and his character is damaged irreparably. And he knows it. Everyone knows it. You, however, can't see it. Or so you say. But nevertheless you are running all over the place here, screaming at the top of your lungs, trying to save that very credibility. Every time you post something here, all you do is damage it some more. Keep it up, please!
BTW - the "neo-con" baloney: I'm a Democrat, a John Kennedy Democrat - his inspiration is part of why I went to Vietnam. I've contributed money to campaigns, and managed one congressional primary campaign for a Democrat. I'd vote for Joe Liberman in a heartbeat, if the party would come to its senses and convince this phony jerk Kerry to have a relapse of his prostate cancer and bow out for "health reasons."
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Like the Vietnam Vet Vote Gets people elected

Apparently, John "F"in Kerry thinks it will. He doesn't miss a chance to brag about being a war hero in his four months service and awarding himself his medals.
Armorer
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the very least he owes an apology to the crew he abandoned. I just can't imagine a skipper having the balls to seek a back door ticket home, essentially quitting his post and leaving his crew in the face of the enemy. What does that say about his hypothetical presidency? He's already wiped out while skiing and fallen off his ten speed... if he gets tennis elbow he'll just pen-whip his third commendation and go back to Boston leaving the country as he did his crew in Vietnam. For crying out loud... HE WAS THE SKIPPER! The skipper just can't quit because he got a boo-boo, he's got an obligation to make sure his sailors get home first and vertical... unless of course that wasn't in his agenda.
d19thdoc
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:54 am    Post subject: Apology? Reply with quote

John Kerry and I share the same religious tradition - although in his case, as with everything else, his adherence to it seems to be conditional.

In any event, that tradition lays down certain requirements for meriting forgiveness, namely: 1) admit specifically that you did wrong and specify what the wrong was (i.e. confess); 2) express sincere regret, not a regret based on getting some selfish secondary gain out of the expression of regret; 3) make a firm commitment to never do the same kind of wrong again; and, 4) make amends to those you have harmed by the wrong you did.

Kerry is never, ever, going to do any of this, except a flawed part "2" - he will - I have no doubt - express regret in the same way Jane Fonda did - by saying he is sorry "if" anyone was offended by what he did or said in '70 - '72. He won't express regret for having done anything wrong, just for the effect it may have had - as if it were all a big misunderstanding on the part of those who were offended.

So, the issue of an apology is moot - it does not matter. Even if he makes one, it will not be sufficient to warrant forgiveness. He can never make amends to those he has harmed; some went to their graves carrying the lies he laid on them. And no one would accept his sincerity anyway - he's had thirty-plus years to do this, and it has been an issue in every campaign he ever ran. Who would believe him now; that it was not done at this late date merely to harvest votes for the really big brass ring of the Presidency?
Bhist
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The liar, Kerry, owes the vets and all of America an apology for taking the uniform and the flag under his cowardly coat.
Craig

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armorer wrote:
At the very least he owes an apology to the crew he abandoned. I just can't imagine a skipper having the balls to seek a back door ticket home, essentially quitting his post and leaving his crew in the face of the enemy. What does that say about his hypothetical presidency? He's already wiped out while skiing and fallen off his ten speed... if he gets tennis elbow he'll just pen-whip his third commendation and go back to Boston leaving the country as he did his crew in Vietnam. For crying out loud... HE WAS THE SKIPPER! The skipper just can't quit because he got a boo-boo, he's got an obligation to make sure his sailors get home first and vertical... unless of course that wasn't in his agenda.

Ask his crew how they feel about that.
You speaking for his crew is right up there with that [expletive] who claims to not speak for 58,000 dead when he says that they are owed an apology.
These slandering hate mongers do not care who they might drag to the dirt to fit their agenda.
I notice that one - well more than one - needs to accuse me of hating veterans. I suppose if he can make his self believe that it makes him feel better.
Hell, I don't even know anyone who hates veterans. I recall a few stupid ******** from back when - but they were just pretty much hateful and some of this group reminds me somewhat of them.
Maybe if 40% of veterans were to support Kerry these local bozo's would accuse them of hatred for veterans?
Craig

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:24 am    Post subject: Re: Apology? Reply with quote

d19thdoc wrote:
John Kerry and I share the same religious tradition - although in his case, as with everything else, his adherence to it seems to be conditional.

In any event, that tradition lays down certain requirements for meriting forgiveness, namely: 1) admit specifically that you did wrong and specify what the wrong was (i.e. confess); 2) express sincere regret, not a regret based on getting some selfish secondary gain out of the expression of regret; 3) make a firm commitment to never do the same kind of wrong again; and, 4) make amends to those you have harmed by the wrong you did.

Is that Catholicism or you are relating part of a twelve step program?
If it be religion then I would think that stuff is between him and his priest and not for you to judge.

You are into religious tradition? What do you make of this:
Matthew 7
1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
d19thdoc
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
Quote:
You speaking for his crew is right up there with that [expletive] who claims to not speak for 58,000 dead when he says that they are owed an apology.
These slandering hate mongers do not care who they might drag to the dirt to fit their agenda.

"We will not quickly join those who march on Veterans' Day waving small flags, calling to memory those thousands who died for the 'greater glory of the United States.' We will not accept the rhetoric. We will not readily join the American Legion and the Veterans of Foreign Wars -- in fact, we will find it hard to join anything at all and when we do, we will demand relevancy such as other organizations have recently been unable to provide. We will not take solace from the creation of monuments or the naming of parks after a select few of the thousands of dead Americans and Vietnamese. We will not uphold traditions which decorously memorialize that which was base and grim."

-- John Kerry, in "The New Soldier"

----------
Two years later, [1984] he ran for the U.S. Senate - dusting off his veteran's credentials by standing in front of the black Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Washington to shoot a TV campaign ad, defying regulations that the memorial not be used for political purposes. The ad "was filmed illegally against the wishes of the National Park Service," according to the Boston Globe. Kerry authorized its broadcast anyway.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: