SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CBS ANNOUNCMENT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CandiM
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In fact, there's a much longer statement on the CBS News website, though I must say they didn't place it prominently--See this:

http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/pdf/cbsstatement.pdf

Three pages that boil down to "We're not tellin' who our source is and you can't make us"--

I may puke--C
jimlarsen
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In 60 minutes II, just now, the secretary appeard, in my opinion, to be tentative, and she wouldn't say yes to one of rather's questions but noded bearly perceptively. I think she's lying about having typed memo's just like the fakes, and she knows it.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the0point wrote:
Attempts to perpetrate a fraud during a Presidential Election are a DIRECT threat to the stability of our country, the law, and the truth, and we should not rest until this deception has been fully investigated.

isn't that what kerry is doing? he is a fraud!
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBS has just moved into the arena of irrelevence.

I'm totally disgusted.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CandiM wrote:
In fact, there's a much longer statement on the CBS News website, though I must say they didn't place it prominently--See this:

http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/pdf/cbsstatement.pdf

Three pages that boil down to "We're not tellin' who our source is and you can't make us"--

I may puke--C

You know I must just have a Twisted Evil sense of humor to get through that crap but did you notice they typed up that convoluted statment in MS Word using the TNS font. It's almost a slap in the face to the American people. "Look here's our response and it's even typed up the same way as the forgeries , too bad you can't prove that though! SMACK Shocked"
Nutso
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just watched Dan and the magic secretary, and now I know why it took them all day to get out the message. They needed time to coach her as to what to say. The memo's are fake, but they keep trying to push a message that doesn't matter anyhow. If the memo's are fake, then there is no message. What it comes down to now is that Rather has one 86 yr old woman using recall of things from 30 yrs ago to try and destroy the president. Recall, that I beleive, is being planted by CBS to try and save face.
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone else find it just .... fascinating... that this 80ish young lady is so hip to the Kerry Kook-Aid Talking Points?
whuffo
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately C "BS" tactics will probably work too well.

Tonight Dannie Boy managed to slickly shift from the topic from the forged documents to "the content". It's OK to use forged documents to make a point if you believe that the content is true. That's what we were just told. The sad thing is that this tactic will work with a portion of the population. Today a poll said that 27% still thought that the forgeries were authentic. Given the press in the fast few days, 27% is still a portion that is too big. After tonight, there will be plenty of people who hate Bush soooo much that that they will tune out to the fact that a felony has been committed by some one and that CBS unknowingly or knowingly went along with it. This SHOULD be as big as Watergate but it will likly dribble out in a couple of weeks.

We must rededicate our grass root "pajama brigade" efforts to make sure that this issue continues to get the attention it deserves.
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cipher wrote:
Does anyone else find it just .... fascinating... that this 80ish young lady is so hip to the Kerry Kook-Aid Talking Points?

Yes it's just amazing isn't it ... she must have realy tanked up on the cool-aid before the show.
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, gee.

I really HATE to say this because she IS an octagenarian, who no doubt means well. But, she has just been promoted to "willing accomplice".

It's time to "Follow the money". Who paid her and how much?

It's time to take off the kid gloves.
spudhorse
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. Help me out here. This is getting way to confusing.

CBS has been trying to pin something or other on the POTUS (some medical stuff or whatever that's so insignificant I can't keep it in my head) for 4 years and has been unable to do so.

They finally thought they had the 'smoking gun' which turns out to be a total fake.

But they continue to say they're probably genuine. Which means that they've really got the President now.

And even if they don't have him because the obviously fake documents are obviously fake, the President hasn't answered the charge CBS has made
Quote:
that [he] received preferential treatment to gain entrance to the Texas Air National Guard and that he may not have fulfilled all of the requirements
Which isn't something they've been able to prove for 4 years. So where does the burden of proof lie? And on what planet does CBS think that the POTUS needs to answer to anything that some obviously corrupt news organization happens to make? Sorry. Showed by partisanship towards the end there.

Last edited by spudhorse on Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:54 am; edited 1 time in total
ArmybratNavywife
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cipher wrote:
Well, gee.

I really HATE to say this because she IS an octagenarian, who no doubt means well. But, she has just been promoted to "willing accomplice".

It's time to "Follow the money". Who paid her and how much?

It's time to take off the kid gloves.

Money? I bet they bought her off with cheap perscription drugs from Canada.
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
that [he] received preferential treatment to gain entrance to the Texas Air National Guard and that he may not have fulfilled all of the requirements

That has been THOROUGHLY debunked with OFFICIAL documentation. When Bush enlisted, there was a SHORTAGE in the TANG. They were light 168 billets. And he fulfilled his obligation to the TANG for his last year by late spring, and got an early out. That was hardly unusual.

And if you KNOW you aren't going to be in FLIGHT STATUS, why bother with taking a FLIGHT physical, especially when you are going to be OUT of the TANG before your next birthday? That's just a stupid waste of his time and taxpayer money.
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, to CBS's "ends justify the means" journalism, does the doctored photo of Kerry and Fonda together (i.e. the one seen at http://www.snopes.com/photos/politics/kerry2.asp) now become "fake but accurate"?

After all, they both spoke at the 1970 rally, according to Snopes.com, so what was all the kerfluffle about when it came out?

Does anyone remember if and how CBS reported the incident? If so, was there any "righteous indignation" at the parody-forgery?
debewley
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My e-mail to my Congressman and to the two CBS affiliates:

I've sent the comments below to Congressman Jeff Miller. Additionally I am advising you that I will no longer watch any program carried by a CBS affiliate and I am advising those who advertise on your station of this fact:

"Broadcast license are issued to entities so that they can broadcast in the public interest. CBS has used the license it received to broadcast what amounts to a blatant attempt to change the outcome of a presidential election.

They used documents that were obvious forgeries.

They ignored input from document experts who found fault with the documents they used.

They based their report on interviews of known political operatives without disclosing the political leanings of those interviewees.

They failed to present any views that were in opposition to their own preconceived bias although they were aware that many people in positions to know did have opposing views.

They failed to meet even the minimum standards for journalistic integrity.

What CBS News has attempted to do is nothing short of subverting the democratic process.

They have failed any claim to be operating in the public interest. Dan Rather and everyone else at CBS News are entitled to their own political beliefs. As per the First Amendment, they have every right to express those opinions as individuals. However, they do not have the right to disguise those views as "journalism" and foist them on an American public.

I would urge you to take immediate action to redress this abuse of power."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: