SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"In The Shadow of The Blade" Viet Nam movie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sisku Hanne
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:04 pm    Post subject: "In The Shadow of The Blade" Viet Nam movie Reply with quote

If you watched the "Kerry Lied" Viet Nam Veteran's rally on C-span (available on their site for download), you heard mention of this movie.
I just found out it's playing in my local area at the Whitaker Center in Harrisburg, PA tonight (Fri. 9/17) at 7:30 pm.
Keep your eyes open for a showing of this movie in your area. It looks like a great movie that will deserve far more mainstream recognition than it will get because it dares to challenge the decades of misinformation put out by Kerry and his ilk. "It received Best Documentary and Best of Show in the WorldFest Houston International Film Festival in 2004."
http://www.intheshadowoftheblade.com/

Also, if anyone has any other suggestions about good accurate movies and books on Viet Nam I'd love to hear them.
ATACKM
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Restored Huey Crosses America To land In Backyards and Farmyards,
In Parking lots and Feedlots, To Greet those affected by Vietnam…
To understand who we are, To learn about who they’ve become...

http://www.buglesacrossamerica.org
Sisku Hanne
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What an experience- what a moving film! Words fail me other than to say you must see this brilliant, funny, heartwrenching, inspirational documentary.

They had a Huey parked out in front of the performing arts center where the film was shown. It was a packed house and not a single dry eye was left in the theater.
Sgt. Fred Castleberry spoke after the film. He appears in it, and lost an arm, a leg and partial use of the remaining limbs after an RPG hit in 1967. Quite a terrible way to commemorate his 21st birthday. He was saved by a DUSTOFF crew that were all injured in the daring rescue attempt.

Castleberry is an advocate for the CMB-for-DUSTOFF legislation Senate Bill SB-1487. This legislation is trying to give proper recognition of DUSTOFF medics with the Combat Merit Badge or the Combat Aeromedic Badge. The army unfortunately refuses to give DUSTOFF medics the CMB, holding that it is only awarded to medics attached to infantry units, and DUSTOFF is an avaiation unit.
They, through the assistance of Sen. Arlen Spector (R-PA) and Rep. Tim Holden, are trying to get the Army to either change this reg or create a new badge- the CAB.

I urge everybody to drop a line to Sen. Spector in support of this long-overdue legislation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: