SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The List - Good and Bad in Iraq - Navy Doc
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pasted from the other post per moderator request.

My heart goes out to her and all of those soldiers over there.

I told my younger cousin if I could I would replace him in a heart beat once when he was in Afghanistan. I still believe it today, but I'm just a little too old and with my health I would never pass muster.

If only I could lift the pain off the hearts of all the young men and women over there.
Padma
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand, Kimmymac. So does the retired Major who sits beside me. (I have the good fortune to be still working with "the military family" at HQ USSTRATCOM.) It's hard to let them go into danger. But while my heart breaks, it is also bursting with pride that we still have such men (and women!) as this.
no_1_momlandj
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for posting that. Everyone needs to keep a crystal clear image in their mind of exactly what our young men and women are facing EVERY day over there. And you are so right. If this is the "wrong" time, there has never been a right time.
I found this the other day and posted it, but I'll post it again here. It had the same effect on me as the letter you posted.

http://www.operationmom.org/ths.html
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God Bless You, Kimmymac.

I can only imagine how hard it is to live with the worry and apprehension you cope with every day. You have raised a most exemplary son and daughter. As difficult as it is for you, I'm sure you know they are where God would have them be. I pray for our troops every day and I will specifically pray for Kimmymac's son and daughter.

God is a refuge and a fortress!
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawa, and God bless you.

I pray Psalm 91 over our troops and their families everyday. That includes Pres Bush, as he is the Commander in Chief.

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High,
abides under the shadow of the Almighty
He shall say to the Lord
"You are my refuge and my stronghold,
my God in whom I put my trust."
He shall deliver you from the snare of the hunter
and from the deadly pestilence.

He shall cover you with his pinions,
and you shall find refuge under his wings;
his faithfullness shall be a shield and a buckler.

You shall not be afraid of any terror by night,
nor of the arrow that flies by day...

I highly recommend the rest of the Psalm... A funny thing, before my son left I copied this Psalm and enclosed a letter to him to read after he arrived in Iraq, and in it I told him that I would pray this Psalm daily, claiming the verses for him, as well as all of our troops. His second day there they were involved in some hostile action, and he emailed me, saying that he had found the "refuge under his wings" the Psalm speaks of.

He said in the military it is known as "close air support."

I emailed him back, saying, "Amen."

He also emailed me to say he is now wishing he had paid more attention in Sunday School. Confused I didn't know he wasn't. Exclamation I taught his 4th grade class, so I am a little miffed!

One positive thing that has come out of all this is my own personal re-awakening of just how much I need God. He has been gracious in his comforting of this one, rather insignificant Mom.

Last edited by Kimmymac on Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
pneal
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I needed that "good cry". This was incredibly poignant! I have to forward this to everyone in my address book. Sitting here in my comfortable home (yes in my pj's Embarassed ... coffee cup at the ready) I am humbled by what every member of our military service has done, and will do, to defend our ideals and land. No words can express the gratitude and admiration I feel. We, my household, are doing all that we can to see that these honorable, brave men and women have the best possible person in the role of Commander In Chief. I pray everyday, that the necessity of our military in Iraq and Afghanistan is reduced and ultimately, unnecessary. We as a nation, must be behind their efforts in these lands, regardless of personal political affilliation. We must NOT EVER AGAIN repeat the defeatest attitudes that led to the betrayal of the men and women that served in Vietnam. God Bless Them, Every One!!!
buffman
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I for one will not let the Kerry crowd spew their anti-American troop diatribe without being contested.
Tony
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimmymac wrote:

I just figure they sent mostly Texans because the folks in charge also remember the Alamo and know good, strong stock when they see it. Smile

This was probably the most serious error Al Qaeda made when they attacked us...after years of dealing with President Clinton and company...they forgot something very important...Don't mess with Texas.

http://tonyk.smugmug.com/photos/1822816-L-1.jpg
USN 1983-1992
ccr
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copied from locked thread as per mod....

Wow. What an amazing letter.

Am I the only one who cried reading that or just the only one who will admit it?

Our troops our completely misunderstood and underestimated by the terrorists, the media and the politicians (on both sides).

We as a country are so fortunate and blessed to have men and women such as this at the point of the sword in a war such as this. Sacrificing their own blood overseas so those at home may be spared.

http://www.learnthat.com/quiz/
GiveMeFreedom
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimmymac wrote:
That's okay, Padma. I cry every day now. When my son left here on his way to Ft. Lewis, and his deployment to Iraq, we all stood in the driveway and waved 'till his truck disappeared around the bend, and you know, a piece of my heart drove off with him. Half of my kids' circle of friends is in Iraq or Afghanistan; it's amazing.
I just figure they sent mostly Texans because the folks in charge also remember the Alamo and know good, strong stock when they see it. Smile

Kimmymac, God Bless you and your children. I pray every nite for our troops. They are carrying such a burden to be so young. I'm sure this is as rewarding for them (the pride of protecting their country), as it is terrifying. My nephew just returned from Iraq a couple of months ago. he doesn't talk about it much, but he has mentioned what a pitiful plight the Iraqis have. My son is in the U.S. Airforce, currently stateside.

Looking forward to more of your posts.
http://www.operationac.com
Support our Soldiers!!
noc
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has been nearly a week since this was first posted. I have read it over and over again. Each and every time it brings me to tears, but yet gives me strength.

This is a good reminder of why our freedoms are so important.

Yesterday I was in church and offered a dedication to our troops. God bless these brave men and women that fight for our freedoms.

Kimmymac, thank you so much for sharing this. May the lord watch over you and your family in this time of need.

God bless America.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: