SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

USC Daily Trojan: Kerry's "High Ground"...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:02 am    Post subject: USC Daily Trojan: Kerry's "High Ground"... Reply with quote

no match for the SBVT "Whisper Campaign." Translation - Page B12 in the collective MSM.

Quote:
Whisper campaigning could destroy Kerry
By Jonathan Stroud
USC Daily Trojan
Published: Monday, September 20, 2004

<snip>

...for the Democrats to act as if they didn't react swiftly enough to the 527 "Swift Boat Veterans for Truth" allegations is to pretend they didn't get caught by surprise by the strength of these allegations.

Now, true or false, the allegations have become more real a political force than fact.

The Kerry campaign has said before that it would remain on the high ground and not answer these often ridiculous allegations. But the truth is that a huge section of America has been whispering back and forth for months, building these allegations from rumor and distaste to a real, powerful force against Kerry.

To have done nothing to answer these allegations is political suicide. But the Kerry campaign hasn't come up with a successful way to combat this widespread misinformation, and in truth, hasn't tried to. (Me#1 - Has it occurred to you that it might be because he CAN'T?) They've hid behind the high moral ground and ignored the elephant that's standing in the middle of the room.

Now, they must answer the claims. But it may be too late. The claims appear to have taken on a life all their own, and, whether or not the whisper campaign was originally orchestrated by Rove and Bush, Inc., or just happened to snowball to where it is today, there is no denying the political impact it has made. It just might cost Kerry the election.

By not acknowledging those whisper campaign threats and maintaining the so-called "moral high ground," the Kerry campaign may have signed its own death certificate over to the increasingly cunning Rove-Bush team.

The Kerry camp should embrace the Bush doctrine of preemptive strike on these whisper campaigns, and find a way to put out the fire before it does real political damage. Otherwise, they may find themselves out of a job.

(all emphasis mine)

USC Daily Trojan - con't

Whisper campaign. Yeah. They "whispered"....

• in a news conference at the National Press Club on May 4, 2004 that was all but ignored by the MSM. (whisper whisper)
  • in public, on the record, in affidavits signed by numerous members of the group stating their firm conviction that John Kerry was a liar and a fraud. (whisper whisper)
  • in the first of a series of 5 televised ads on August 4, 2004, which got instant NATIONAL exposure (whisper whisper)
  • in a book, "Unfit for Command", published Aug 10, which rocketed almost instantaneously to #1 on EVERY best-seller list (whisper whisper)

Psssssst...Mr. Stroud...you need a hearing aid

Last edited by Me#1You#10 on Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:54 am; edited 2 times in total
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I notice that throughout the article, they mention the Kerry Kampfs "moral high ground." If they feel the Kerry campaign has been on the "moral high ground," I'd hate to see what they consider low ground. Shocked
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:38 am    Post subject: Re: USC Daily Trojan: Kerry's "High Ground"... Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
no match for the SBVT "Whisper Campaign." Translation - Page B12 in the collective MSM.

Quote:
Whisper campaigning could destroy Kerry
By Jonathan Stroud
USC Daily Trojan
Published: Monday, September 20, 2004

<snip>

...for the Democrats to act as if they didn't react swiftly enough to the 527 "Swift Boat Veterans for Truth" allegations is to pretend they didn't get caught by surprise by the strength of these allegations.

Now, true or false, the allegations have become more real a political force than fact.

The Kerry campaign has said before that it would remain on the high ground and not answer these often ridiculous allegations. But the truth is that a huge section of America has been whispering back and forth for months, building these allegations from rumor and distaste to a real, powerful force against Kerry.

To have done nothing to answer these allegations is political suicide. But the Kerry campaign hasn't come up with a successful way to combat this widespread misinformation, and in truth, hasn't tried to. (Me#1 - Has it occurred to you that it might be because he CAN'T?) They've hid behind the high moral ground and ignored the elephant that's standing in the middle of the room.

Now, they must answer the claims. But it may be too late. The claims appear to have taken on a life all their own, and, whether or not the whisper campaign was originally orchestrated by Rove and Bush, Inc., or just happened to snowball to where it is today, there is no denying the political impact it has made. It just might cost Kerry the election.

oh yeah, they didn't answer 'cause they were taking the 'moral highground'

Washington ProwlerTerry in Turquoise
By The Prowler
Published 8/10/2004 12:08:45 AM

COMMAND CONFIDENCE According to a Kerry campaign source, senior campaign advisers tasked two Washington-based campaign staffers to vet the recently published Unfit for Command."The purpose was to compare what that book had with what we had on file from Senator Kerry," says the campaign source, who said that the research project developed more than 75 instances where Kerry's recollections, previous remarks, or writings conflicted with the book's reporting. "We took some of the most glaring examples, like the Christmas in Cambodia story, and presented them to senior staff, and we assume that those things were put in front of Senator Kerry," says the source. "We haven't heard a word about it. All we were told is that it was being taken care of."The campaign source said that the book was not considered a "serious" problem for the campaign, because, "the media wouldn't have the nerve to come at us with this kind of stuff," says the source. "The senior staff believes the media is committed to seeing us win this thing, and that the convention inoculated us from these kinds of stories. The senior guys really think we don't have a problem here."
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I almost went to USC. My parents vetoed my acceptance there because USC is, or at least was, in the middle of a drug gang war zone, now surrounded by barb wire and check-point Charlie. My dad said if he wanted me to go to school in a war zone he wouldn't have fought in two wars himself. But I digress.

One of the most common tactics guilty parties and their co-conspirators employ is the pretense that they simply do not hear the allegations, and therfore do not need to respond. It is part of the "deny-deny-deny" strategy used with such effectiveness by the Clinton people.

The bright young people at The Daily Trojan ought to look past the ends of their little noses and check out the "often ridiculous" allegations for their own precious selves. I am assuming that none of the cubby reporters have first hand knowledge of the events giving rise to these "often ridiculous" allegations, having not yet been born, so why are they being so judgemental? I know how kids have a horror of being judgemental.

They might also go back to their history class and take a look at how many revolutions were begun as a ground swell of "whispering" by citizens, following the lead of a few willing to tell the truth.

Sigh. Unfortunately, as my children have reached young adulthood I have become less tolerant of wet-behind-the-ears-pups being the willing tools of the left. They just make me want to cuff their ears and holler: GROW UP!
BC
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Psssssst...Mr. Stroud...you need a hearing aid

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Probably another keyboard needs replaced now.
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the same kind of "moral high ground" that has allowed O.J. to remain free to "look for the real killers."
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, they're getting their concession whines ready, are they?

I don't know what USC is listening to, but what I'm hearing is a ROAR that gets louder every day!

Vets, you can depose this poser, all by yourselves... make sure that you vote and get a like-minded friend registered and make sure that s/he votes, too.

Help educate our younger brothers and sisters, especially those still on active duty.

Make the ROAR ever louder until election day - on November 2nd, let the "NO!" from veterans and their families reach every corner of America. Make yourselves so loud that you cannot be ignored.

NO! We know a poser when we see one!

NO! We won't allow a man who slandered our military to lead them!

NO! We will not allow him to do any more damage to our armed forces and to our country than he already has.

Make it loud enough that the underinformed at USC can hear you.

It isn't a campaign of whispers, you azzhats - it's a campaign of protests, just like the "good old days." I'd think you'd appreciate that - the voice of the people, the power of the people.

Back in the peoples' hands, where it belonged, all along!
air_vet
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimmymac wrote:
They might also go back to their history class and take a look at how many revolutions were begun as a ground swell of "whispering" by citizens, following the lead of a few willing to tell the truth.

I suspect that going to a history class at USC won't help! I'm sure the facility has revised "history" to fit their bias.
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry trolls were all over this site in early June. I even went to the Kerry debunker site 6/4/04 & posed the question. What the plan was for when the GOP pulls out the 4/22/71 Kerry testimony transcripts? Their response was to pull my post & expel me from their site. Kerry’s strategy has been to ignore the truth in hopes that it will not gain any traction. Now Kerry has become like a turtle that only pops his head out to answer questions from friendly members of the media.

Kerry has under estimated his advisories and their relentless effort for the truth to be communicated. His response to the SBVT threat speaks volumes on his unfitness for command. Kerry has a history of ignoring threats rather then facing them head on. Any objective person who looks at his voting record can see that Kerry underestimates America’s advisories.

CWV

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
Rurik
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"USC Daily Trojan Question
Doesn't Theresa the Ketchup Princess use a slightly different expression for this?

Essayons!
Fight Build and Destroy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: