SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Almost nothing drives me more crazy than this...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swing votr
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ATACKM wrote:
I agree with Swingvoter, The timing was all wrong ! We should have dealt with Iraq years before 9/11 . How soon we forget Operation Desert Storm and Shield. The terms of ending the first Gulf War were clear. Weapons Inspections, Trade sanctions, and immediately we had Saddam mocking our policies. He limited the inspectors, Hell he kicked them out at one point. He would push us to the very end, over and over and over. Killing Kurds in the north, shooting at the American and Coalition flyers that had to fly the no-fly zones created to stop Saddam from killing his own people. Over and Over he taunted us! France ignored the sanctions we imposed on Iraq, as did Germany and Russia.

Saddam's legacy is unrivaled, He has killed more people for sport then Ted Nuggent has killed deer.
He is responsible for the worst oil spill ever documented ! "No it was not The Exxon Valdez. It was the intentional dumping of Kewaiti oil into the Gulf". An act of selfish spite from a man who needed to be stopped. The burning oil wells in Iraq created an ecological disaster that our great grandchildren will even feel. The fires in Iraq would still be burning today if not for the civilian heroes of 'Boots and Koots" "Great job guys"!

Yeah ! the timing was bad ! It was years late. IMHO !

I agree.
I just wish the first Bush had finished him off when he had the chance!
( I might get yelled at for this but what the hey) I am reading Richard Clarkes against all enemies, and I am learning alot... haven't finished it yet but its interesting... He said Military Generals beleived that Bush had continued the war (Gulf) for another 3 days (bombing Saddams 'elite' guard unites) then there would have been a much greater chance of him getting overthrown following the war, but we pulled out because of the negative press we would have received bombing soldiers who were repositioning but looked like they were retreating.

Whats done is done, hind sight is 20-20... all we can do now is support our brave soldiers and keep them in our prayers.
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actualy because it was a United Nations action they were calling the shots and not us.
Just ask Norman Schwarzkopf. I'm sure if the decision had been up to Bush 41 we would
have finished him off at that time.

It was the UN's decision to stop hostilities and not ours, we did want to finish him off then.
And thats why it makes a perfect example of just exactly why we should never let the UN
be in control of any of our military.

The only difference between then and now is that this is not a UN sanctioned action it is a
declared WAR between the US and the Terrorists abroad.

Thank GOD that the UN has no part in or any say so of what we will do in this fight!
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen, azpatriot!

But if Kerry is elected, we will be right back to playing "Mommy, may I?" with the UN. Yeah, let's ask Syria, Iran. N. Korea and Libya if we can wage war on terrorism. DUH!

I liked George Bush, Sr. okay, but the son exceeds the father.
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimmymac wrote:
Amen, azpatriot!

But if Kerry is elected, we will be right back to playing "Mommy, may I?" with the UN. Yeah, let's ask Syria, Iran. N. Korea and Libya if we can wage war on terrorism. DUH!

I liked George Bush, Sr. okay, but the son exceeds the father.

He sure does! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: