SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Debate Topic - COMMENTS HERE ONLY Please
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nathanyl
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I'm proud that important military figures who are supporting me in this race: former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff John Shalikashvili; just yesterday, General Eisenhower's son, <b>General John Eisenhower</b>, endorsed me"

John Eisenhower was a 1st Lt who never saw combat during WWII supposedly because his father wouldn't let him.
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
N. Koreans are NOT "reasonable" people.

That I know VERY closely... being here and listening to all of the BS coming out of N. Korea.... not to mention they lobbed a missile over mainland Japan in 1998 with no prior warning!!!
Desert Shield/Desert Storm
Texas Army NG 13E FDC
BTRY B 3-133 Arty
JCBoston
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anker-Klanker wrote:
I think this is going to be a race to the end. Bush did not score the knock-out punch everyone in this group was predicting and expecting. Kerry only looked bad to those, like us, who know him.

I think I've detected a lot of complaceny, even arrogance, in posts in recent days and we've got to shed ourselves of that attitude. The gap in the polls is going to narrow. And we know the Democrats are trying to steal the election with dirty tricks and ballot-box stuffing. This phenomena isn't even counted in the polls.

For the Republicans to win this thing, they might very well need every vote from every undecided still out there, and frankly I don't care what they have between their ears or behind their ears, or how much they smell, or how little they think. We need their votes.

But most of all we need the votes of all those Democrats who were thinking about switching to Bush. I think the polls in recent weeks were showing this switching was, in fact, going on. Now I think we'll see some reversal, but how much is TBD. It's those "loose Democrats" that the SBVFT need to target. I've heard that 28% of the Democrats are in favor of a strong presence in Iraq, and it's that 28% that will be most receptive to the SVBFT message about Kerry.

Extremely well said. I agree on all points. So much so that I am worried. Bush dropped the ball tonight. No one here will accept that easily (myself included) but he did. Now it's time to start fighting tough.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmackto wrote:
ProudDaughterofVet wrote:
My first reaction was that Kerry won..however, have some breathing..I myself had such high expectations for Bush, that I think I was disappointed. So, objectively, a tie. Bush had a chance to slam dunk this and he did not. CNN poll??? please..we know where that is leading..to Comrade Schnieder and his analysis..
however a good article to be read:
http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/elections/article.adp?id=20040930112609990001

a bit slanted toward Kerry..but what the heck, fair to say the least..

PD

Did you notice the large banner to the right of the article? I think it attempts to make it look like its a headline but its an ad run by the DMC saying Kerry won and Bush failed to have a plan for Iraq.

I getting gray hair.

I don't know guys, there were times I thought W could have done better also.... but then he probably wasn't laying around a spa all day.... and on msnbc, Chrissy even just slammed kerry - was on his flip flop or not having a plan... I forget which... did anyone else hear it? Scarborough also slammed kerry.
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCBoston wrote:
Anker-Klanker wrote:
I think this is going to be a race to the end. Bush did not score the knock-out punch everyone in this group was predicting and expecting. Kerry only looked bad to those, like us, who know him.

I think I've detected a lot of complaceny, even arrogance, in posts in recent days and we've got to shed ourselves of that attitude. The gap in the polls is going to narrow. And we know the Democrats are trying to steal the election with dirty tricks and ballot-box stuffing. This phenomena isn't even counted in the polls.

For the Republicans to win this thing, they might very well need every vote from every undecided still out there, and frankly I don't care what they have between their ears or behind their ears, or how much they smell, or how little they think. We need their votes.
But most of all we need the votes of all those Democrats who were thinking about switching to Bush. I think the polls in recent weeks were showing this switching was, in fact, going on. Now I think we'll see some reversal, but how much is TBD. It's those "loose Democrats" that the SBVFT need to target. I've heard that 28% of the Democrats are in favor of a strong presence in Iraq, and it's that 28% that will be most receptive to the SVBFT message about Kerry.

Extremely well said. I agree on all points. So much so that I am worried. Bush dropped the ball tonight. No one here will accept that easily (myself included) but he did. Now it's time to start fighting tough.

Just read today that NJ is now a swing state. Go get em.
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This man Kerry is the most evil, pathological lying manipulator I have ever seen.

You haven't met my ex-wife Shocked
Desert Shield/Desert Storm
Texas Army NG 13E FDC
BTRY B 3-133 Arty
deserturtle
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:51 am    Post subject: Tie goes to the incumbent Reply with quote

Kerry campaign officials said one of the senator's missions was to hold Bush responsible for what Democrats consider defects in his handling of terrorism. Bush officials argued to television network anchors that they should be cautious about declaring a winner based on debating points. Matthew Dowd, the Bush-Cheney campaign's chief strategist, said the real winner would be the candidate who managed "a visceral appeal to viewers." Dowd said sometimes that is not immediately apparent, but will be clear by early next week. "Tie goes to the incumbent," Dowd said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/01/politics/campaign/01debate.html
wovenhearts
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:51 am    Post subject: Hugh Hewitt gives Bush a BIG WIN! Reply with quote

I was feeling a little down about the debate, because I wanted Bush to knock out Kerry, but feel much better after reading Hugh Hewitt.

http://hughhewitt.com/index.htm#postid974

Go read his post. He did a chart on every question of the debate, and graded both Kerry and Bush. He says Bush ran away with a victory! Here are his comments, but read his whole post!

Thursday, September 30, 2004

Posted at 5:45 PM, Pacific, with updates throughout

Overall: Bush gets a big win, by hiting all his messages over and over again. He wins on substance. Biggest mistake by Kerry: "The Global Test." Sorry, the American voters aren't interested in passing any global tests. Bush stresses steadfastness and resolve. Kerry firmed up the hard-left vote, but you can't win on this.

Lehrer started poorly, but came on strong.

UPDATE: The FoxNews panel agrees: "Global Test" is the takeaway. On substance, Kerry wants appeasement of North Korea and Iran, gloablization of conflict resolution, and a summit. Bush wants to take the war to the terrorists. Kerry wants meetings.

Bill Kristol thinks Kerry supporters are heartened. I agree. But so are Bush supporters. Kristol: "The core of the Bush claim is 9/11, and the world changed, and the Democrats want to go back to 9/10."

The message is simple, says Barnes: Your children will be safer. Fred's right. Bush knew what he had to do which is speak the truth about the war and the nature of the struggle.

Spinning is underway everywhere, but tomorrow and for 30+ days I'll be playing the global test clip, because it was the window into Kerry's soul, and Bush immediately rejected it because Bush wants nothing of it. As I wrote below: Game, set, match.
flagreen
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Tommy Franks said it best (on H&C) when he said the Bush looked like a guy who was telling the truth tonight. That's something the average voter will pick on I think. It may be a bit premature to think that Kerry won on "style".
ProudMilitaryWifeDaughter
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.boston.com/

Right of the top picure says survey

Service Animals for Invisible Disabilities
ontheright
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to 'voice' my opinion on tonight's debate. For the first time I'm really concerned that we may just end up with that good for nothing, worthless hunk of flesh Kerry as CIC.

He was strong tonight and Bush was ineffective. If people are just getting around to paying attention to what's going on in this campaign, I'm afraid Kerry was able to convince quite of few of them that he can do the job.

I'm very discouraged. Crying or Very sad
Sonar5
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:54 am    Post subject: And the LIES Continue Reply with quote

kerry just keeps lying his way.

This MORON can't remember things he said 10 days ago, and demonstartes it here...

Regards,
Joe

http://www.rnc.org/RNCResearch/Read.aspx?ID=4772

Quote:
From The Archives...
An Elephant Never Forgets!

BREAKING DEBATE EDITION

KERRY CLAIMS HE'S "NEVER, EVER" USED WORD "LYING" IN REFERENCE TO PRESIDENT BUSH ON IRAQ. JIM LEHRER: "New question, Senator Kerry. Two minutes. You've repeatedly accused President Bush, not here tonight but elsewhere before, of not telling the truth about Iraq. Essentially, of lying to the American people about Iraq. Give us some examples of what you consider to be his not telling the truth." SEN. KERRY: "Well, I've never, ever used the harshest word as you just did." (Sen. John Kerry, First Presidential Debate, Miami, FL, 9/30/04)

BUT IN DECEMBER 2003, KERRY TOLD NEW HAMPSHIRE EDITORIAL BOARD BUSH "LIED" ABOUT REASON FOR GOING TO WAR IN IRAQ. "Kerry also told a New Hampshire newspaper editorial board Friday that Bush had 'lied' about his reasons for going to war in Iraq, a word Kerry has been reluctant to use publicly for months. Yesterday he said he did not plan to use the word again." (Patrick Healy, "Kerry Camp Lowers N.H. Expectations Behind In Polls, Senator Now Seeks Spot In 'Top Two,'" The Boston Globe, 12/8/03)

AND IN SEPTEMBER 2003, KERRY SAID BUSH ADMINISTRATION "LIED" AND "MISLED." "This administration has lied to us. They have misled us. And they have broken their promises to us. The president promised to the people and the Congress that he would build an international coalition, respect the United Nations' process and only go to war as a last resort. I will tell you that from my war fighting experience, I believe there is a test for a president as to how you go to war. And that test is whether or not you can look in the eyes of parents and say to them, 'I did everything possible to avoid the loss of your son and daughter, but we had no other choice in order to protect the security of our nation,' and I know this president fails that test in Iraq." (Sen. John Kerry, Campaign Event, Claremont, NH, 9/20/03)

My Home at AboutPolitics.net:
http://www.aboutpolitics.net/phpBB2/index.php

noc
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the moment that most struck me was when Kerry said we need to pass a global test and Bush's response to it. Bush said something like the only test I will have is whether it makes America safe.

That did it for me.
zinfella
Rear Admiral

I'm not thrilled with Bush's performance against the great liar John F-ing Kerry. This is the road to ruin, and we need to do much better!!!!!!!
Paul R.
PO3

Quote:
I think Tommy Franks said it best (on H&C) when he said the Bush looked like a guy who was telling the truth tonight.

Kerry did come across as a bit "pompous" at times, but then I was expecting that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 22 of 45

Jump to: