SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My favorite Kerry flip-flop in the debate last night

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WallaceNails
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:26 pm    Post subject: My favorite Kerry flip-flop in the debate last night Reply with quote

BUSH: My opponent says help is on the way, but what kind of message does it say to our troops in harm's way, "wrong war, wrong place, wrong time"? Not a message a commander in chief gives, or this is a "great diversion."

As well, help is on the way, but it's certainly hard to tell it when he voted against the $87-billion supplemental to provide equipment for our troops, and then said he actually did vote for it before he voted against it.
Not what a commander in chief does when you're trying to lead troops.

LEHRER: Senator Kerry, 30 seconds.

KERRY: Well, you know, when I talked about the $87 billion, I made a mistake in how I talk about the war. But the president made a mistake in invading Iraq. Which is worse?

I believe that when you know something's going wrong, you make it right. That's what I learned in Vietnam. When I came back from that war I saw that it was wrong. Some people don't like the fact that I stood up to say no, but I did. And that's what I did with that vote. And I'm going to lead those troops to victory.

LEHRER: All right, new question. Two minutes, Senator Kerry.

Speaking of Vietnam, you spoke to Congress in 1971, after you came back from Vietnam, and you said, quote, "How do you ask a man to be the last man to die for a mistake?"

Are Americans now dying in Iraq for a mistake?

KERRY: No, and they don't have to, providing we have the leadership that we put -- that I'm offering.

----------------------------
BWAHAAHAHAHAHAHA !

Gotta love Senator Flip-flop!

FOUR MORE YEARS!!!!!!!!!
The Balloon Artist
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't he a great debater?

He can be "for", "against", and then "for" all in the context of one answer.
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:15 pm    Post subject: clown man Reply with quote

Was that a little slip of the tongue?
what did "that we put" mean?
Could it be that we put the UN in charge of our troops?
Question
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being a great debater is the ability to argue both positions. I was a high school and college debater --- we didn't know what side we would argue until just before the debate -- so we had to be prepared for both sides...

Kerry just forgets that now he is suppose to actually take a position.
flagreen
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope the Nader campaign or some 527 picked up on this obvious contradiction. It sets up a devesating TV ad using his '71 testimony against him.

From the Washington Post today in an editorial;

Quote:
The center of the debate was Iraq, though the candidates differed more on past actions than on future plans. Mr. Bush stoutly defended his decision to go to war and its results; Mr. Kerry forcefully criticized that decision and the war's management and offered himself as a more competent commander in chief. But Mr. Kerry had a more complicated position to defend, and it showed at times. He called the war a mistake and a diversion, but later said that American soldiers were not dying for a mistake. He implied that money being spent in Iraq could be better spent on prescription drugs for seniors, but insisted, "I'm not talking about leaving. I'm talking about winning."

Complete editorial can be found here
Inatizzy
Former Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about in one breath saying there were NO nuclear materials in Iraq and then the next breath saying that when we invaded Iraq no one was guarding the NUCLEAR facilities.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
P. Aaron
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry and his supporters act like the debate was the start of the campaign. PRETENDING whatever Kerry said 2 weeks or 2 hours ago didn't matter, or is not up for debate.
MSeeger
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

American soldiers are not dying for a mistake...but the war in Iraq is a mistake...but he (Kerry) will lead us to victory...but this war is: "the wrong war, at the wrong place, at the wrong time..." but...American soldiers are NOT dying for a mistake...

Illogical! Illogical! Norman coordinate!

(quote taken from "Mudd's Women", original Star Trek episode)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSeeger wrote:
American soldiers are not dying for a mistake...but the war in Iraq is a mistake...but he (Kerry) will lead us to victory...but this war is: "the wrong war, at the wrong place, at the wrong time..." but...American soldiers are NOT dying for a mistake...

Illogical! Illogical! Norman coordinate!

(quote taken from "Mudd's Women", original Star Trek episode)

He is so pathetic..... Exclamation
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: