SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Debate Topic - COMMENTS HERE ONLY Please
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They were replaying the Debat today in my Colleges common room. Hearing it again, just reinforced the impression that Kerry realy answered nothing. He made accusations and promises with little to back them up. He did not explain how he would prosecute "The Wrong War in the Wrong Place" any better. He is a charletan and absolutely incapable of Command!!
The Ghost
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kerry doesn't know what he believes in

http://media1.streamtoyou.com/rnc/100104v1.wmv
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSeeger said:
"So, with all due respect for all the people here who feel that President Bush should have gone for the jugulur, for me and my family, at least, he did the right thing by just staying steady and consistent, and not going for the cheap shot. "

I feel that a lot of people are just upset that W didn't take Kerry out. That is not W's nature and it might play to his advantage in the long run. I feel that W made no major mistakes last night and that is good.

MSeeger said:
"Personally, I think that Mr. Kerry did not do himself any favors, and I did not think he looked presidential. One thing I did notice was that Kerry's hands were shaking. My son-in-law came in towards the end of the debate and made a comment about it. And I watched Kerry's face when they did the split screens. Kerry looked haughty and patronising in my view, and there were some times when he seemed to be actually agreeing with what the President was saying. Bush did look tired, but like Rush just pointed out, he also looked like he was fed up with Kerry's lies. "

I agree. Kerry shuffled side to side while Bush stood steady. Kerry shoulders were droopy while Bush stood up straight. Kerry left eyelid was going south while Bush looked the camera in the eye.

Last edited by msindependent on Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
brotherofvietvet
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:40 pm    Post subject: Kerry's "Global Test" Reply with quote

Kerry said that the United Nations should have control over most of our foreign military operations. "I'm an internationalist. I'd like to see our troops dispersed through the world only at the directive of the United Nations."

The Harvard Crimson 2/18/1970

Well, Kerry is consistent on some matters. He was in favor of UN approval over American troop deployment in 1970 and definitely favors it now by his insistence of a "Global Test" for deployment of troops.

This will be an item that should be jumped on by the Bush Campaign. "Kerry the internationalist and consistenly so"

Bush won the debate on substance over style and Kerry has exposed himself the same "Internationalist" he was in his youth. God help us from John Kerry and his cohorts at the UN.

Edited by Admin to replace long link with hypertext

Last edited by brotherofvietvet on Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:05 pm    Post subject: Who won debate? Reply with quote

Rush might have a point. Despite all Kerry's oratory, a FoxNews online poll on "who won the debate" (not who people will vote for) is tied:

Bush 40%
Kerry 40%
Tied 14%
Didn't watch the debate 6%

149,626 total votes

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:08 pm    Post subject: Kerry: I still don't get it! Reply with quote

JK reminds me of a vaccum cleaner salesman. He arrives with his own dirt for effect. As he presents his sales pitch, and tries to smooth you over with slick talk, you for the moment are entranced. Somewhat mesmerized, then you look down and realize you have a wooden floor.

Similarly, JK at the debate was spouting out well phrased double talk. When taken SEPERATELY, it is clear we still don't have a clear picture on what JK can offer America.

FLUFF - NO SUBSTANCE Exclamation
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We each have to do what we can in any venue we can to get this job done. I appreciate all the discussions here that provide substantiated information from those who do the research and provide the links. They have been so helpful to get each of us firm in our beliefs and arm us with facts to use when we need them. THANK YOU!

We all want to change somebody's mind and take a vote from Kerry. If you have a victory with even one, CELEBRATE!

Spending time here helps strengthen my resolve. Please keep your facts coming.
And for those humorous offerings, THANKS for the relief and uplifting my spirits and mood. Keep those coming as well.

And for the spiritual thoughts..AMEN.

Have a great weekend..rest...relax... and get back to book sharing and sharing the Stolen Honor documentary, get those stickers on your car and remember... Idea LIGHTS ON FOR BUSH; LIGHTS OUT FOR KERRY CTW

NEVER EVER KERRY
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What others are saying today about the Debate:

http://www.georgewbush.com/KerryMediaCenter/Read.aspx?ID=3712

Kerry Adviser Joe Lockhart: "Basically, The Overall Is That This Thing Was A Draw." (CSPAN's "Public Affairs," 9/30/04)

John Baer, The Philadelphia Daily News: "1st Round Goes To W." "Hillary won. Or one of the Johns. You know, McCain or Edwards. Or anybody else seriously looking to run in '08 after George W. Bush serves out his second term. That's because John Kerry, who had to score a knockout last night, landed some punches but didn't take the title." (John Baer, Op-Ed, "1st Round Goes To W.," The Philadelphia Daily News, 10/1/04)

The [Newark] Star-Ledger: "Kerry Offered No Comfort To Some Democrats Who Want An Early American Exit From Iraq." (John Farmer, "Both Men Got Where They Needed To Go," The [Newark] Star-Ledger, 10/1/04)

USA Today: Kerry's Performance Did Not "Significantly Change Public Opinion" On The Candidate Best Suited To Handle Iraq. "But Kerry's performance did not appear to significantly change public opinion on which candidate would better handle the Iraq situation. The same poll indicated 43% of Americans felt Kerry would do a better job handling the situation in Iraq, compared to 54% for Bush. Before the debate, those numbers were 40%-54%." ("Kerry, Bush Clash On National Security," USA Today, 10/1/04)

The Washington Post: The President "Often Put Kerry On The Defensive By Shifting From Questions About His Own Record To Questions About Kerry's Capabilities." (Dana Milbank and Jim VandeHei, "Iraq Takes Center Stage in Debate," 10/01/04)

Robert Novak: "The Additional Problem For Kerry Was His Vote To Go To War In Iraq And Then His Opposition To It. He Never Successfully Resolved This, As Bush Continuously Pushed Hard." (Robert Novak, Op-Ed, "No Knockout Punch, But Good News For Kerry," The Chicago Sun-Times, 10/1/04)

H.D.S. Greenway, The Boston Globe: President Bush "Made A Telling Point By Asking Kerry How He Could Build Alliances By Asking Allies To Join In A Wrong War In The Wrong Place At The Wrong Time." (H.D.S. Greenway, Op-Ed, "President's Armor Undented," The Boston Globe, 10/1/04)

The Denver Post: "Bush Spoke Movingly Of The Price Paid By U.S. Soldiers In Iraq And The Patriotic Faith Of Military Families Who Lose Loved Ones In Combat There." (John Aloysius Farrell, "Candidates Pull No Punches," The Denver Post, 10/1/04)

Sen. John McCain (R-AZ): "I Don't Think Senator Kerry Was Able To Reconcile His Different Positions On Iraq." (Deborah Orin, Op-Ed, "John Delivers In Do-Or-Die Situation," The New York Post, 10/1/04)

The Detroit Free Press: "With Recent Polls Showing That Kerry Has Lost Some Ground To Bush, The Massachusetts Senator Did Not Make Great Strides In The Debate While Bush Did What He Does Best -- Make His Basic Points Time And Again." (Editorial, "Kerry Jabs, Bush Counters," The Detroit Free Press, 10/1/04)

The Washington Post: "Bush Repeatedly Talked About How Hard The War Was, And Spoke Most Passionately About Praying And Crying With The Wife Of Fallen Soldier." (Dana Milbank and Jim VandeHei, "Iraq Takes Center Stage in Debate," 10/01/04)

Pittsburgh Tribune-Review: "John Kerry, His Support In Key States Sagging And His Time To Shore It Up Fading, Needed A Knock-Out Punch Thursday Night In His First Debate With George Bush. It Never Came." (Editorial, "Score It A Tie," Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, 10/1/04)

The Washington Post: Kerry "Spent Little Time Explaining Apparent Contradictions In His Positions On Iraq And May Have More Work To Do On That Front In The Next Two Debates." (Dan Balz, "Battle Lines on Foreign Policy Clearly Drawn," 10/01/04)

Robert Novak: "Bush Showed As Much Mastery Over The Facts As Kerry. In Short, Kerry Was Not Nearly As Prolix As His Critics Claim, And Bush Was Not The Simpleton His Critics Claim." (Robert Novak, Op-Ed, "No Knockout Punch, But Good News For Kerry," The Chicago Sun-Times, 10/1/04)

David Yepsen, Des Moines Register: "Bush Was Resolute And Firm In His Defense Of The War On Terrorism. He Hammered Kerry For Voting To Authorize The War In Iraq Yet Not Supporting $87 Billion To Pay For It. Kerry Admitted He Made A Mistake In His Explanation Of His Vote." (David Yepsen, Op-Ed, "Kerry Scores, But There's No Knockout," Des Moines Register, 10/1/04)

St. Louis Post-Dispatch: "Mr. Kerry Says He Has A Plan And Can Attract Allies, But It's Highly Unlikely The French Or The Germans Are Going To Help Us Pick Up The Crockery." (Editorial, "Presidential Debate: Are They Both Wrong?" St. Louis Post-Dispatch, 10/1/04)
Public Affairs," 9/30/04)

CNN's Bill Schneider: "Well, The Viewers Of This Debate Still Think President Bush Is Tougher, More Decisive Than John Kerry." (CNN's "American Morning," 10/1/04)

The Deseret Morning News: Kerry Was "Hardly Effective" At Dispelling His "Sometimes Pompous Demeanor." (Editorial, "No Gaffes, No Slam Dunks," The Deseret Morning News, 10/1/04)

The Las Vegas Review Journal: "Perhaps In Boston And New York, Talk Of Sharing Responsibility For America's Future With The French And With Kofi Annan -- And Crippling America's Economy With A Global Warming Treaty That Would Leave Third World Nations Free To Pollute At Will -- Could Win A Foreign Policy Debate." (Editorial, "Tone-Deaf Kerry Loses Crucial Debate," The Las Vegas Review Journal, 10/1/04)

Pittsburgh Tribune-Review: "Simply Chilling Was Kerry's Talk Of The United States Needing To Pass Some Kind Of 'Global Test' Before Defending Itself Preemptively." (Editorial, "Score It A Tie," Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, 10/1/04)

Des Moines Register: Kerry "Offered Little Different Than Bush In Terms Of A Solution To The Problems In Iraq." (Thomas Beaumont, "Spotlight On Iraq," Des Moines Register, 10/1/04)

St. Louis Post-Dispatch: "But Mr. Bush Effectively Exploited The Box That Mr. Kerry Is In Having Argued The War Was A Mistake But Still Must Be Won. The President, Showing His Vaunted Ability To Stay On Message, Hammered Mr. Kerry On His Changing Views On Iraq. He Asked How The Senator Could Ask The Troops Or Allies To 'Please Join Us In The Wrong War At The Wrong Place At The Wrong Time.'" (Editorial, "Presidential Debate: Are They Both Wrong," St. Louis Post-Dispatch, 10/1/04)
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to keep up the emails and voice our opinions loud and clear.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,76025,00.html
southerndelite
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been lurking for quite awhile, and I would like to thank all for all the hard work and honesty I have seen on this board. I've never been one to watch or participate in any election. I've just gone and casted my vote and felt that I, as one person, didn't have much control about what happened on election day. As a 54-year-old, I am very much aware of the traitorous acts of Hanoi John. I about had a stroke Shocked when I first heard he was running as a candidate for POTUS. I knew I could NOT sit back and be complacent as I had been before. What kind of a message would that be to my 17-year-old son! Embarassed

Back to the subject of this thread, IMHO, sKerry showcased the only talent he has...that of a debater. If AL Qaida were a debating society, they might actually be afraid of sKerry. Wink When it comes to personality, GWB reminds me of a loyal German Shephard while sKerry reminds me of a serpent. I don't know about you, but I would MUCH prefer a loyal German Shephard to protect me and my family over a snake in the grass! Twisted Evil

A lot of kudos were given to sKerry's style, but he had NO comeback to his acid criticism of the 30 nation allies with us in Iraq. Most damaging of all for sKerry was his comment of seeking some sort of "global test" to defend this country. I, for one, KNOW that I do NOT want a President who will seek a "permission slip" from the world before he will defend the United States of America!! I want a President who believes he has ALL the authority he needs from the United States Constitution. Period!!
JimT
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first debate were last night. Pundits and bloggers are all saying Kerry won big.

Think they are all missing the point!!

I believe what we are seeing is a brilliant STRATEGERY by Pres. Bush.

Two things to understand:

What is Bush’s biggest asset in this campaign?---John F. Kerry!!
What is Bush’s biggest liability? The terrorist Zarqauwi(?)!!

What is Kerry’s biggest asset in this campaign? The terrorist Zarqauwi(?)!!
What is Kerry’s biggest liability? President George Bush!!!

I believe Bush stayed on message and was strong on his points. He let Kerry ramble on and on. Kerry contradicted himself over and over. Kerry mislead everyone. In the coming days this will become more and more apparent to the whole country.

BUSH LET KERRY DEBATE KERRY LAST NIGHT!!!
Wind Walker
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copied from the other topic as advised:

I hope this is copied correctly......Still not up-to-date on this puter stuff Rolling Eyes

That is exactly what I was reffering to in my previous posting (Debate Topic) yesterday, before the debate started.

President Bush only needed to do 1 thing during the debate, and that was to remain focused, and let John Kerry sink his own ship.

President Bush needed (and did so) to keep pounding the fact, that this is a War On Terror, and we must march forward. All of the "He said, He did, he would've, he could've" in the world can't change the facts, and the facts are:

We were attacked on 9-11 ("again") by the Terrorist, and we will hunt them down wherever they are. ANY country that supports, harbors, or assist these terrorist in ANYWAY shall become our enemies & will be dealt with accordingly. This is what I remember President Bush saying immediately after the attack, and as far as I can tell, he (Bush) has not waivered from that position, one ounce!

The United States will seek & value the help & support of all countries that are with us in this effort, but will NEVER ASK FOR PERMISSION FROM ANYONE TO DEFEND & PROTECT OUR OWN, PERIOD!

God be with our President during these troubled times, and GOD BLESS AMERICA!

Have a great day,
Wind Walker Cool
joeshero
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, to win the second debate both in substance and style, it is extremely important for President Bush to:

1. Take a good rest at least 12 hours. Without a good rest, forget about a thought of winning the debate. Even for a 15 minute-job interview, one must have a good rest the night before.

2. Wear an outfit that doesn't make you look small. Wear a brighter one. Remember, this is on screen where color is very important.

3. Keep smiling and calm, babe. Remember, you are the president. Be in command. Is drinking water not allowed during the debate? Have a glass of water.

4. Take notes occasionally while listening to Kerry.

5. Rephrase Kerry's position, and then emphasize your stand/plan.

6. Have at least 6 punch/killing lines, and at least 4 direct quotes of Kerry’s past statement complete with their sources. Those are very powerful.

7. Speak a little bit slow, forcefully and direct. No need to spend the whole 2 minutes and the 90 second of rebuttal. Effective and simple words are much more important. Presenting simple data are also very important.

8. Don't engage with Kerry, but speak to the audiences--to the American people. So, sometimes, your statement/2 minute speeches should be begun with “My fellow Americans…these are my positions…plans…and etc…” or “My fellow Americans…on this issue, this is my opponent, the Senator from Massachusetts, position….etc. And I believe that is wrong….etc.”

9. Define Senator's position on important issues first before outlining your plans (similar to #5, but here...not as a rebuttal)

10. When speak, try to insert simple and true stories about the Americans you have encountered for the last 3.5 years. Say the positive messages. These will have a powerful effect on the “undecided” voters. They love stories, because I believe most of them don’t like complicated statements…and that’s why they are still undecided…

Remember, these debates are mainly intended for those who cannot make up their mind. Some of them are those who cannot make up their mind in this life regardless. Some of them are those who are living in a TV-reality show-bubble-life. They don't know what's going on and they are more interested in your outfit and your hairstyle than your plan to improve national security and the economy.

Unfortunately, these people can determine the future of your presidency, and this nation as well.

Good luck Mr. President, we wish you the best in the second and third debates. You can crush the lying senator. Easily.

(please help me to post this at RNC website).

helpmycountry
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:33 pm    Post subject: Kerry Owned ALOT of Enron Lies Again Reply with quote

There goes these weapons of destruction across the border. Kerry mentioned Enron and he owned 125,000 dollars in the company and he also was forced to give back campaign money to Lay. In the Boston Globe if you want to read it.Please find something to sink him now.
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having thought about the debate for almost 24 hours now, and having watched a fair sampling of the media's reporting of it, I have to say that once again I am severely disappointed in the media, to include FOX and even some of the better bloggers.

It seems everyone is commenting on and discussing the style factors, and not the substance. Have we really gotten to the point in this society that words, thoughts, and issues do not matter; what matters is how they are delivered, how they appear on video, etc.? Is the "cinematography" really more important than the subject? (Unfortunately, I think the answers to my rhetorical questions is "Yes").

It just all goes to show you how shallow the so-called news media have become. Besides MSM bias, any wonder the SBVFT are having difficulty getting fact-filled truths introduced into the media, even the supposedly friendly ones?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 40 of 45

Jump to: