SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Debate Topic - COMMENTS HERE ONLY Please
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joeshero
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's time to stay away from apologetic attitude. In a reality-TV world, substance is secondary to style. I am really worried about the second debate if we—the Bush’s camp and us—continue to focus on “winning on the substance” attitude. About 62 million people watched the first debate. That’s a huge number, and I do think that most of them were likely voters. Can’t afford another not-so-good performance on style. And can’t afford to have a very tight race, either. (Deleted by Admin)
closer
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KERRY CHEATED .... AGAIN .. THIS TIME DURING DEBATE

We all know that honesty has never been a Kerry trait ... so why should a Presidential debate be any different?

All of this media frenzie about Kerry winning the debate --- how he was able to stay on topic, kept Bush on defense, and appeared so very intelligent and "Presidential" as he brought up everything he needed to cover with such skill and ease.

Well, looks like Kerry was able to accomplish this by cheating. If you check CSPAN, Kerry is shown taking his "notes" out of his breast pocket as he stepped behind his podium. I went back and checked some of his recent campaign appearances, and it appears he brings out these "notes" or "talking points" quite frequently at the beginning of his appearances and uses them to stay on topic, etc. (His new campaign mentors have obviously gotten him to do this in the past few weeks in order to try and stop his downward spiral.)

ANY notes being brought in were CLEARLY a violation of the debate "Rules of Engagement" (also listed on the CPAN site) .. and accordingly; the moderator should have stepped in and enforced this rule violation. CSPAN's debate video shows Kerry pulling the notes out, so how could the moderator miss it?

I kept wondering what Kerry kept writing down on his "note paper". He kept looking down and "writing" during most of the debate. More than likely, he was just pretending to write, and was actually reviewing the "notes" he snuck into the debates so he'd be prepared for his next talking point.

FYI : The "Rules of Engagement" for the Debate stated that neither candidate was allowed to bring in ANY props, NOTES, charts, diagrams or other writings. The Rules also stated that the each candidate was to choose the type of blank paper and writing instrument they wanted to use "to write notes DURING the debate".. and that the COMMISSION was designated to place each candidate's choice of blank paper and writing instrument on the podium or table in advance of the candidates coming out.

No wonder he looked so much better ... per the liberal Press. Did anyone else notice this clear violation of the Rules? Looks like President Bush played by the rules ... but did Kerry????
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sdonions wrote:
One thing everyone needs to remember is that President Bush plays a mean game of poker. I think what happened last night is called a suck in when playing for high stakes. sKerry gave the Bush campaign enough rope to hang not only sKerry but also the ultra left talking heads that have high-jacked the Democratic party.

Wow, interesting theory - we can only hope that's true...this reminds me of a three game series in basketball - only instead of starting out even Bush is up 8 or 10 in the fourth quarter - even if Kerry were to come back to even and that's a huge IF - he'd have expended so much energy to do that that Bush, I believe will go on and win the popular vote by 5 and win electoral college with +300...let's not forget that Kerry et al thought they'd be up 8 or 10 at this point...Evan Thomas (Newsweek) even opined that the media would hand Kerry and Edwards a glow worth 15 points (isn't that just sick and wrong! - I have that link if anyone needs it...)

Well even if the media has handed them only 5 or 10 that means without the media bias Bush would be up 15 or 20 points right now...I think the Dems are still in desparation fourth quarter hail Mary mode...we just need to play assertively and not let our man get behind us deep and we'll win this by a touchdown at least...(sorry for all the sports analogies but they seem somewhat apt especially as we head down the stretch...)

Please, I just want to wake up happy on Nov. 3rd!
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

re: this Washington Post article by David Broder I wrote the following reply. His basic argument was that Kerry sounded some believable themes in the debate and put himself (back) "in the game." I took extreme issue with his word choice..

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, October 01, 2004 11:10 PM
To: davidbroder@washpost.com
Subject: You sir, are wrong to use the word "insurgent" or "insurgency"
for child murderers.

"as the insurgency in Iraq gathers momentum...On a day when the headlines carried news of more than 40 deaths -- most of them children -- from insurgent attacks...the reality of the growing resistance...Bush's real opponent in this campaign is not John Kerry but the Iraqi insurgency..."

You sir, are wrong to use the word "insurgent" or "insurgency" for child murderers. What in the world does this mean? "Insurgency" "Resistance" - sounds like Ghandi - is that what you mean? Idiocy - please make some distinction - English is a very powerful and exact language. I know that you can do it - this is how you make a living, correct?! Just because a bunch of butchers are killing children and women in Bagdhad to try to upend the US and Iraqi elections does not mean this can blithely, stupidly be considered "gathering momentum" for an "insurgency." Try, heinous sick extremists attempt yet again to strongarm the world through cowardly acts...those of us who are truly courageous, most of all our incredible armed forces, will not allow this to happen. By calling the terrorists and murderers of children in Iraq an insurgency you do a diservice to reality and to the Iraqi/Coalition/American bravery and resolve. What sort of brazen motivation might you have to do such a thing a day after children were mass murdered? Inconceivable...

Why don't you try grabbing a thesaurus and using a word akin to "murderer" or "terrorist?"
Terrorist - radical, fanatic, extremist - would be a good start.
Child Murderer - slayer, slaughterer, executioner...

"Bush's real opponent in this campaign is not John Kerry but the Iraqi insurgency..." Nope - his real opponent and ours are heinous, cowardly, child killing, head sawing off with kitchen knives terrorists...call a spade a spade sir...

"no viable exit strategy" - what do you consider our exit strategy from 9/11? I know what the exit strategy was for dozens and dozens in those buildings murdered by the child killing murderers...they had to jump out of them...most others were incinerated in moments of utter horror almost too gruesome to contemplate...and where does that leave us? To take the fight to the front and back yards of the terrorists themselves - that's where...and that's EXACTLY WHAT President Bush and our brave troops are doing and the Army Corps of Engineers and the Rebuilding teams continue to provide goods and services whereever and whenever the murderers, extremists and terrorists are put down. That is our exit strategy sir - we are not dealing with an enemy who will fight us to our face - we are dealing with cowards who will shoot children in the back and blow them up as they reach for candy - heinous sick monsters when you think about it.
arkadyfolkner
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

closer wrote:

We all know that honesty has never been a Kerry trait ... so why should a Presidential debate be any different?

All of this media frenzie about Kerry winning the debate --- how he was able to stay on topic, kept Bush on defense, and appeared so very intelligent and "Presidential" as he brought up everything he needed to cover with such skill and ease.

Well, looks like Kerry was able to accomplish this by cheating. If you check CSPAN, Kerry is shown taking his "notes" out of his breast pocket as he stepped behind his podium. I went back and checked some of his recent campaign appearances, and it appears he brings out these "notes" or "talking points" quite frequently at the beginning of his appearances and uses them to stay on topic, etc. (His new campaign mentors have obviously gotten him to do this in the past few weeks in order to try and stop his downward spiral.)

ANY notes being brought in were CLEARLY a violation of the debate "Rules of Engagement" (also listed on the CPAN site) .. and accordingly; the moderator should have stepped in and enforced this rule violation. CSPAN's debate video shows Kerry pulling the notes out, so how could the moderator miss it?

I kept wondering what Kerry kept writing down on his "note paper". He kept looking down and "writing" during most of the debate. More than likely, he was just pretending to write, and was actually reviewing the "notes" he snuck into the debates so he'd be prepared for his next talking point.

FYI : The "Rules of Engagement" for the Debate stated that neither candidate was allowed to bring in ANY props, NOTES, charts, diagrams or other writings. The Rules also stated that the each candidate was to choose the type of blank paper and writing instrument they wanted to use "to write notes DURING the debate".. and that the COMMISSION was designated to place each candidate's choice of blank paper and writing instrument on the podium or table in advance of the candidates coming out.

No wonder he looked so much better ... per the liberal Press. Did anyone else notice this clear violation of the Rules? Looks like President Bush played by the rules ... but did Kerry????

my advice: rewatch the debate and someone GET A SCREEN CAPTURE!

this can be used against him, especially if it is pointed out!
joeshero
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

closer wrote:

I am not really sure about this. The concern is not on substance, but the style. Had President Bush stayed calm, been relax, smiled nicely, and spoken slowly, forcefully and directly to the audiences, and with a good body language, the race would have been over.
sevry
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joeshero wrote:

I am not really sure about this. The concern is not on substance, but the style. Had President Bush stayed calm, been relax, smiled nicely, and spoken slowly, forcefully and directly to the audiences, and with a good body language, the race would have been over.

It is. This isn't a challenger trying to prove himself. He has a record as President. Bush's performance is not smooth without the crowd, anymore than an athlete performs best without the adrenalin produced by the crowd. Kerry is aloof, controlled and controlling. He's inept. And I don't believe that sufficient voters who otherwise would have voted for Bush would find Kerry's condescension appealing, particularly after listening to what he said.

The problem is, the idiot LM reads the very playbook they wrote. It was wrong then. And it's foolish to apply the 'rule' to a sitting President rather than a challenger. It's the challenger who has to look good. He has no record. But their playbook is all style - it seems. And people who vote don't vote on style for the challenger if the challenger's words betray him. Kerry misspoke so many times, and offered at least one flip-flop during the debate itself. His words will kill him with those who might have otherwise voted for him. That will be the story, next week.
kmudd
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joeshero wrote:
closer wrote:

I am not sure if the race would have been over . The Dems never give up and a lot of people would vote for Kerry no matter what just because he is not Bush. And the Dems always get 100% of the vote from of dead which in some states is enough to win that state.The debates only change a few percent of the people's mind of who they would vote for anyway.
WebTalk
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

closer

You're absolutly right!
I just went to CSpan and watched it and rewatched it.
It's perfectly clear to see him reach into his right breast pocket and put the paper on his podium.
That's incredible. He had to CHEAT to win.
Doc Jerry
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This debate had no impact with the exception of the post debate autopsy which is showing Kerry lied, lied, lied. It will be a long lost memory after the pundits talk about it this weekend and put it to rest. The signficant poll numbers did not move. Kerry had no impact at all.

Cool Medics, we're there when you need us.
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Kerry Owned ALOT of Enron Lies Again Reply with quote

helpmycountry wrote:
There goes these weapons of destruction across the border. Kerry mentioned Enron and he owned 125,000 dollars in the company and he also was forced to give back campaign money to Lay. In the Boston Globe if you want to read it.Please find something to sink him now.

Kerry does this because he knows the MSM will never call him on his hypocrisy and double speak ---
this is why the bloggers and cable need to be contacted everytime someone catches Kerry on this crap.

I would suggest that everyone add into their e-mail address books the addresses for just about every blogger, cable news show, pundit, talking head, and MSM newspaper and news show --

bombard these guys/gals with this info -- two things will happen -- they will either use the info and attempt to report the truth or end up leaning so left that they will fall.
Jerry M
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:52 pm    Post subject: Bush campaign agreed to bad format Reply with quote

Bush was clearly not prepared for what he should have known was going to be an all out offensive against him packed with falsehoods and innuendo. It was also no secret what the Kerry/Democrat talking points were going to be. A well prepared, good debater could have easily rebutted and taken Kerry apart on much of what he said.

One reason Bush was constantly on the defensive was the moronic decision by his campaign to agree to one moderator who had the power to compose and ask all the questions. And who was that moderator, the liberal Jim Lehrer from PBS who focused entirely on questions designed to make Bush look bad on Iraq and asked nothing about Kerry's Senate record, his vote against the first Persian Gulf War, border security issues, his anti-war/enemy sympathizing activities and on and on. Clinton aids, who are running the Kerry campaign, used to refer to Lehrer as "our moderator". I am beginning to seriously wonder if Bush does not need a campaign staff shake up. Knowing his reputation for loyalty, that will probably never happen.

Lehrer was the real reason Bush found himself constantly on the defensive. He, after all, had the sole power to determine where the questioning was going to go and Bush was not sharp enough open other avenues.
Tacan70UDN
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an interesting article from the SF Chronicle

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2004/10/02/EDG8E92FVG1.DTL

(Sorry, admin, haven't figured out how to shrink this.)

Basically, he says Bush wins on substance, Kerry wins on style. Some good takes here.
depotoo
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why don't we boycott news outlets that are liberally biased? from now to the election - if we pass this around, i really think it would help. only purchase those and listen to those that put out the truth - when o'reilly boycotted france it really hurt them so this could hurt the media as well. if you feel it would have an impact pass this along to everyone you know. i for one know our letter writing does not seem to work. hit them where it hurts!
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevie wrote:
cipher wrote:
Quote:
I am bluntly telling you that discussing the topics endlessly on this or any discussion forum will not keep John Kerry out of the White House. The Swift Boat Veterans For Truth ads and the book caused the damage, not your pithy postings. The only way to prevent John Kerry from winning is by voting on November Second. My point is to spend more time getting out the votes than posting messages to the choir members.

I beg to differ. At any given point in time, there are TWO "lurkers" for every ONE member on this site. Of that number, a certain number are undecided, or looking for facts to use to support the position that Kerry is unfit for the presidency.

A certain amount of "pithy posting" is required in order to get to the bottom of some allegations and outright lies promulgated and perpetuated by the Kerry campaign.

Not that I'm discouraging you from going out and chasing down people and getting them to change their votes, but please, don't put down those of us who spend hours and hours in research and development getting the facts to float to the surface. You do us a disservice.

I've gotta agree with cipher.... I came to this site and didn't sign on for a week or so.... I didn't know how! Never been on one of these sites before.... I'm disabled and don't get out much (I talk to my dogs a lot) and I'm sure there are others like that (for some reason or another) .... and reading thru these pages last night (I only read about 16) there were at least 4 new people posting!!! We need to keep up with the news and post so those who may not get that same news (like one who doesn't get cable stations... or is in Japan) can keep up with it here. It's like a spreading monster............... more people, more ideas, more donations and more ads for tv to reach all those other people - we don't need the ads to change our votes - I don't! and sometimes it's just good to get some of the 'venting' out and somethimes to be silly and laugh til we cry!

I thought about all of our Disabled Vets , many in wheelchairs, who have a great interest in this election. Many of them no doubt read this Forum. No one has the right to make them feel as if they are not doing their part to defeat Kerry in this election if they spend time researching needed materials online or sending in the much needed monies that pay for the airing of the SwiftBoat Ads instead of walking their local precincts or knocking on doors to rally Republican voters. While some of that is necessary there are now more opportunities to effectively spread the word and rally supporters due to the Internet. Those who are physically unable to work on their feet in the local Republican headquarters should not be denigrated and made to feel as if they are of lesser import for posting here, sending donations to the SwiftVets, writing a Blog, or sending out E-Mails with pertinent info to hundreds everyday. This is now the computer age and even our elections will feel the effect.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 42 of 45

Jump to: