SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Now on Drudge - Kerry Cheated??? (debates)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heywood wrote:
Wow...

Ummm... guys? Do you have any idea how silly this all sounds?

Is this what debate about important issues like the president has really become, so venemous that folks are grasping at any straw to impeach "the enemy?" (Keep in mind that some 50 million people watched the debate live -- the chance of anyone slipping something like that by the rest of us is pretty slim.)

I know you're angry. Times are tough for a lot of us out here. The last thing we need to do is let the professional agitators get in between us and drive us apart like this. There are a great many folks in the media who profit from getting folks all worked up. On both sides of the aisle. After all, more controversy, more ratings. More ratings, more dollars.

They profit at the expense of decency... and at expense of democracy. And we'll all pay for it in the end.

I agree, it is pathetic that it has come to this, but who is it that brought it to this? Perhaps Kerry that lies and cheats at every turn and the MSM refuses to acknowlege it?

An MSM that insists on shaping the debate and the outcome of this election? Maybe we need to nit pick and point out every little thing so that ultimately they all pile up to volcano porportions and BLOW UP in their faces.

Kerry has told so many lies in every aspect of his career. As a Veteran, as a Prosecutor, As a Senator......don't we have to use every single thing available, no matter how small to insure that this man does not win this election?
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you imagine what would be going on in the media if Bush had done this - hanky, pen, cheat sheet, or whatever. Whatever the item was, it tells me that Kerry thinks he is above the rules. How many times did he look down at that paper? Tons, while Bush was using his mind.
margie
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know how to get Drudge onto this, the issue of Kerry taking something from his pocket that he was using on the lecturn?
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BB Stacker wrote:
It may also be useful to look at the end of the debate to see if Kerry retrieved anything.

That was a good idea, so I went and looked at FOX's coverage. After Kerry finished his 2 minute "conclusion", the camera went to President Bush for his conclusion, following this, the camera went to Lehrer for a good minute saying when the next debate was, etc. So, there is no way to tell from FOX's coverage (at least that I know of) if he placed the item back in his pocket after finishing the debate.
manelly
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ord33 wrote:
BB Stacker wrote:
It may also be useful to look at the end of the debate to see if Kerry retrieved anything.

That was a good idea, so I went and looked at FOX's coverage. After Kerry finished his 2 minute "conclusion", the camera went to President Bush for his conclusion, following this, the camera went to Lehrer for a good minute saying when the next debate was, etc. So, there is no way to tell from FOX's coverage (at least that I know of) if he placed the item back in his pocket after finishing the debate.

Same footage from CSPAN.
Ohio Voter
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't find the video link. E-gads what am I missing? Actually I have clicked the podium watch links but they can not be displayed.

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
If you go to www.c-span.org and click on the link for the video of the debate, you don't have to wait long - it's right after the two shake hands - the President goes to his lectern and Kerry delays a bit then turns and the camera angle changes and goes to Kerry as he approaches his lectern.
<snip>?

Last edited by Ohio Voter on Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
manelly
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.c-span.org/
click on : First Presidential Debate Between Pres. Bush & Sen. Kerry - Podium Watch Style (09/30/2004)
3rd gen Navy
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Four words:

Drudge, Limbaugh, Savage, Hannity...

send them letters with links to the footage...you won't get anything telling the host...disagree with the fellow who just signed up today...either naive or possible troll....agree with the post about Kerry "knowing" a topic would be revisited....probably a non-starter for reasons stated. However, this other bit needs max publicity...Who's in?
BS Biology, Business Administration, Nursing
The Deal with Life: Make decisions based on what you might gain, not on what you may lose.
!!!!!! LET THE WILD RUMPUS BEGIN !!!!!!
Wynne
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in. sending emails to all 4 re: first issue.

Last edited by Wynne on Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
margie
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

count me in! Very Happy
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heywood wrote:
Wow...

Ummm... guys? Do you have any idea how silly this all sounds?

How odd.

We have hundreds of meaty discussions about much more weighty issues going on in these forums. And yet you choose to debut in this particular topic.

How about some comment on the damning interview that Steve Gardner did with Neil Young at: http://www.wezs.com/advocates.shtml - some real stonebreaker info in that interview.

How about some comment on the reams of information regarding Kerry's involvement in the VVAW and his leadership of the "guerilla theatre" that was Winter Soldier?

How about jumping into some of the conversations where our members have clearly torn the shroud off of Traitor John and exposed him for the lying fraud that he is?

PS - There are terms of use attached to your membership. Please read them.

Last edited by Navy_Navy_Navy on Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total
manelly
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what I just realized CSPAN (http://www.c-span.org/) has 2 video links for the debate.

1st is First Presidential Debate Between Pres. Bush & Sen. Kerry (09/30/2004)

2nd is First Presidential Debate Between Pres. Bush & Sen. Kerry - Podium Watch Style

I just took a look at the end of the 2nd (Podium watch) at time 1:26:50 - 1:26:58 it looks like Kerry folds something up and at various times after that messes with papers ( or whatever) in front of him. at time 1:28:33 - 1:28:38 is he sticking something in his right pocket?
If you can pause at 1:28:38 take alook at what he does right after I think he stuck something in his pocket. He makes a gesture like he is looking waaay over to the other podium... another distraction tactic.

Looks very slight of hand to me....anyway take a look.

Last edited by manelly on Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy NNN, you confused me on that one;/ Am I still here??Smile))

Forgive me, I am recovering from a bad case of pneumonia;/

Anyway, I am in.....this and anything else that will nail Kerry's rear end.

For those that think this is silly.......we can do much more than one thing at a time. We are not like Kerry who thinks you can only fight in Afghanistan and no where else.

Besides, as interesting as the things Navy Chief was investigating were and as important as the results are, those were way beyond me because my knowlege of Navy rules, terms, etc is ZERO and I could not help with that. This I can help on. So, I will.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hanna wrote:
For those that think this is silly.......we can do much more than one thing at a time. We are not like Kerry who thinks you can only fight in Afghanistan and no where else.

No kidding! Wink

I'll turn down the b***h level in my post a bit. Wink You're still here.
BB Stacker
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

manelly wrote:
You know what I just realized CSPAN (http://www.c-span.org/) has 2 video links for the debate.

1st is First Presidential Debate Between Pres. Bush & Sen. Kerry (09/30/2004)

2nd is First Presidential Debate Between Pres. Bush & Sen. Kerry - Podium Watch Style

I just took a look at the end of the 2nd (Podium watch) at time 1:26:50 - 1:26:58 it looks like Kerry folds something up and at various times after that messes with papers ( or whatever) in front of him. at time 1:28:33 - 1:28:38 is he sticking something in his right pocket?
If you can pause at 1:28:38 take alook at what he does right after I think he stuck something in his pocket. He makes a gesture like he is looking waaay over to the other podium... another distraction tactic.

Looks very slight of hand to me....anyway take a look.

Thanks Manelly for the second cspan link. It does look like Kerry is doing something there at the end but it is difficult to tell what. The Cspan link is way to fuzzy on my computer to tell much.

Anyone know how to get some clearer video on this?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 4 of 32

Jump to: