SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Now on Drudge - Kerry Cheated??? (debates)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
misako
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having watched video many times closely on littlegreenfootballs.com in high resolution, I am convinced it was Kerry cheat sheet or worse. If I were the RNC I would be running nationwide ads of this video tomorrow and challenge Kerry to 'fess up and show contents or cancel remaining debates on grounds of violation of rules and cheating. I reckon that if folks see the high resolution video and the rules of debate, I think or hope Kerry is toast. We need to pound on Fox And RNC and Hannity and Rush to get this accomplished.
Roon
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

misako said "If I were the RNC I would be running nationwide ads of this video tomorrow and challenge Kerry to 'fess up and show contents or cancel remaining debates on grounds of violation of rules and cheating."

I like that direct confrontation approach to the problem. Only problem I see is how do we know what they show us he took on stage is the real thing. They'd probably produce a note from his kids telling him they love him adorned with a crayon drawing of the pet hamster they once had.
Sonar5
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lectern Picture:

It would have been IMPOSSIBLE for the Moderator to see what Kerry puilled out.

So who knew and when about the cheating??????

Kerry...
Lehrer...
Cameraman that left Kerry out of shot while walking to Pdium.. Convenient...

My Home at AboutPolitics.net:
http://www.aboutpolitics.net/phpBB2/index.php

Sonar5
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roon wrote:
misako said "If I were the RNC I would be running nationwide ads of this video tomorrow and challenge Kerry to 'fess up and show contents or cancel remaining debates on grounds of violation of rules and cheating."

I like that direct confrontation approach to the problem. Only problem I see is how do we know what they show us he took on stage is the real thing. They'd probably produce a note from his kids telling him they love him adorned with a crayon drawing of the pet hamster they once had.

Hi,

It doesn't matter what he pulled out, it was a Violation of the rules....

He Cheated, and now he is Caught....

Can't hide a video of this, it is out for all to see....

My Home at AboutPolitics.net:
http://www.aboutpolitics.net/phpBB2/index.php

Endaar
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny, the podium specs detail the writing surface should be 2" below the top of the podium on the candidate's side. That sure looks like more than a 2" drop to me.

May sound like an insignificant point, but it makes trying to judge the relative size of items in these pics a bit more difficult.

Endaar
misako
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roon,
Thanks for your thoughts and s good point, instead maybe just run nationwide ads with some tough voiceovers and just cancel debates on them due to cheating. But I think it key to run nationwide attack ad immediately and put the cheat on defense again an finally. We need him in single digits just like his IQ and morals.
Endaar
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is NO WAY this is a pen:

http://www.auctiongripes.com/ims/pic.php?u=1272fSncO&i=11627

Endaar
MTS17446
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It doesn't matter what he pulled out, it was a Violation of the rules....

He Cheated, and now he is Caught....

Can't hide a video of this, it is out for all to see....

Exactly!!

If Kerry is saying it's a pen he pulled out of his pocket, he's admiting he cheated...

Remember what the rules say...

Quote:
"No props, notes, charts, diagrams, or other writings or other tangible things may be brought into the debate by either candidate.... Each candidate must submit to the staff of the Commission prior to the debate all such paper and any pens or pencils with which a candidate may wish to take notes during the debate, and the staff or commission will place such paper, pens and pencils on the podium..."
DUNBAR
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am telling everyone about this situation.

If it has wings, it's gonna fly and I hope it overwhelms the airwaves, blogs, and media like the Dan Blather documents.

The power of blogs and the internet are emerging as a force to be reckoned with.

Woooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Brand his ass!

Cool Cool

But the efforts to hold him accountable, are notorious and will be a page in History.
Endaar
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, I keep looking at this video. I think Kerry has a hanky in his RIGHT hand as he approaches the podium. Whatever is in that hand is crumpled up just at about the same time as he removes his left hand from his suit pocket with the apparent notes. He then brings the two hands together and holds the item removed from his suit in both hands.

This may have been a very slick diversionary tactic. It would have been pretty easy for Kerry to make the hanky obvious to Lerher and the audience, so noone then questioned the OTHER white item (notes, etc.) if seen in his hands shortly afterwards.

Endaar
margie
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it doesn't matter WHAT he took out of his pocket, it broke the rules hke agreed to. but that was NO pen, it was PAPER , he lied as well. IMHO
Wynne
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The article below is from Powerline. I have highlighted the sentence, "I frankly can't imagine that anything Kerry could have written on a small sheet of paper, as it appears on the video linked from Drudge, could have been of any particular benefit."

I can. Several of us have pointed out that Kerry seemed to know what the order of the questions would be.

Kimberly (who first brought to our notice this Kerry cheat) posted:

In Kerry's 90 second response to the first question posed to the President, he states that the President made "a colossal error of judgment", in reference to going to war in Iraq as opposed to staying only in Afghanistan. When his 90 second response is completed, the next question goes to Kerry. Lehrer says, "Colossal misjudgments. What colossal misjudgments, in your opinion, has President Bush made in these areas?". Now, Lehrer said in his opening statement, that all of the questions were written, in advance, by him. The questions were apparently not just off the cuff, determined by what either candidate had just said, but pre-planned. So how is it, that Kerry just happened to mention in his 90 second response, the phrase "colossal error of judgment", and the very next question to Kerry from Lehrer was, coincidentally, "what errors in judgment do you think the President made?".

Why would Lehrer have asked this question if he didn't know that Kerry was going to use that particular phrase at that time? Was he just making up questions off the cuff to make the President look as bad as possible, despite saying the questions were written beforehand? Or did he know what Kerry was going to say, and asked the question according to the script??

Second example. Kerry says, also in a 90 second response, that he came back from Vietnam and spoke out against the war (I didn't get the whole context). Next question from Lehrer to Kerry, "Speaking of Vietnam...". Wow, Kerry sure was throwing lots of good lead-in lines to Lehrer, wasn't he??

Later, Kerry is talking about the situation in Darfur, Sudan. Just guess what the next question from Lehrer to Kerry is about?

And very early on in this thread I posted Kerry's mentioning Homeland Security, saying "We'll get to that later on." And sure enough, a few questions later on, Lehrer said something like -- Now we'll go back to Homeland Security: question for Senator Kerry. (don't have the exact quote in front of me)

I BELIEVE KERRY MAY WELL HAVE HAD THE SCRIPT TO THE DEBATE IN FRONT OF HIM.

Drudge is supposed to report something later tonight and supposedly the NYT is reporting it tomorrow. So if it turns out to be a lace-trimmed hanky he took out of his pocket at the beginning and put back at the end of the debate, I'll be the first to admit I'm wrong. But until then, I am very suspicious of not only cheating but collusion in this debate.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/

October 03, 2004
Did Kerry Cheat?
We have gotten an enormous number of emails from readers who are incensed that John Kerry seemingly cheated in the first debate by pulling notes out of his coat pocket in violation of the agreed-upon rules. Several readers have even suggested that President Bush may have seen Kerry's illegal ploy, and that may explain the annoyance that he showed throughout the debate.
The whole thing seems odd to me. These guys do nothing all day long but appear in front of groups, giving speeches about Iraq and related topics. By now, they can probably give them in their sleep. (Speaking for myself, I have an "on" button that I hit whenever I do an interview on our role in Rathergate.) I frankly can't imagine that anything Kerry could have written on a small sheet of paper, as it appears from the video linked on Drudge, could have been of particular benefit. Still, even though I happen to be an unusually experienced public speaker, I generally like to have notes in front of me. Whether I look at them or not, they impart some comfort. Nevertheless, even though there might have been some slight advantage to Kerry, even if merely psychological, from having a few scraps of notes, I don't think this is an issue that merits a lot of attention. Compared, say, to reminding people about Kerry's feckless twenty-year-long career in the Senate.
This flap is entertaining, however. It reminds me of an ancient joke about a sailor who rose through the ranks and became a ship's captain. He sailed the seven seas for many years and was respected by all who sailed with him. He had one odd habit, however, which mystified his fellow officers. Every evening before he retired, he would go to a safe that he kept in his cabin and pull out a small sheet of paper. He would study it for a few minutes, and then return it to the safe.
The captain finally died, and his subordinates found the combination to his safe and, full of curiosity, pulled out the paper that they had speculated about for so many years. It said: "Port: left, Starboard: right."
Maybe Kerry's notes said something like: "Iran: mullahs; Iraq: Saddam Hussein."
UPDATE: Despite my skepticism, this issue doesn't seem to be going away. Charles Johnson of Little Green Footballs has a Quicktime video that not only shows Kerry pulling notes out of his pocket, but also seems to show that he had something in his right hand--odd, since he had just shaken hands with President Bush.
I agree that there seems to be something in his hand, but I can't imagine what it could be that would be of any significance. If I'm missing something here, I'm sure our readers will fill us in. But I'm afraid we're getting dangerously close to Democratic tinfoil-land here.
Endaar
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if Kerry didn't have the questions in front of him - and I don't find that particular possibility especially far-fetched - a small notecard of talking points would have definately been helpful.

Kerry does have trouble staying on topic - if you saw his speech immediately after W's at the Republican Convention, you know that much. A notecard listing ten or fifteen points he wanted to make during the debates, which could then be crossed off after they were said, would go a long way towards improving his performance.

Of course, the top notecard should have read 'US = Soverign Nation' but that would require someone in his campaign understanding that fact. Razz

Endaar
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To add to the analysis of the debate Q&A, on the first question, Lehrer asked Kerry about homeland security. Kerry blabbed about that, then went on to other things, saying "we will get back to that...later or in a while or something like that........and went on with whatever else he was talking about.

Then several questions later, lo and behold Lehrer, just as Kerry predicted, asks yet another question about homeland security. I smell more than a Democrat or 10, or 20, or or or.......*sign*
Wynne
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hanna wrote:
To add to the analysis of the debate Q&A, on the first question, Lehrer asked Kerry about homeland security. Kerry blabbed about that, then went on to other things, saying "we will get back to that...later or in a while or something like that........and went on with whatever else he was talking about.

Then several questions later, lo and behold Lehrer, just as Kerry predicted, asks yet another question about homeland security. I smell more than a Democrat or 10, or 20, or or or.......*sign*

Right. There are some opinions that this exchange is not suspect because the topics of the debate were known beforehand by the candidates and one of the topics was Homeland Security. I don't agree. I think Kerry's comment was a slip; he knew Lehrer would be asking him a question about Homeland Security later on. He was so 'in tune' with the script that he slipped up there. After his initial nervousness (shaking hands) he settled in and was unnaturally calm, cool, and collected -- smug, even. I suspect he had Lehrer's questions right there in front of him and that is what he removed from his pocket at the beginning of the debate. Time will tell... I could be wrong....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 16 of 32

Jump to: