SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry to attend and speak at the Reagan Presidential Library

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 4:16 am    Post subject: Kerry to attend and speak at the Reagan Presidential Library Reply with quote

I don't know if it is just me but that announcement makes me sick. Kerry the foremost traitor to be in the same area with one of the greatest patriots ever. My God what will he stoop to next. This man has no honor or class. Trying to appear as The Honorable President Reagans friend, give me a break, Kerry tried to undermine the fall of communism the whole time Mr. Reagan was in office. I take his apppearance at the viewing as most disrespectful. So do many of my co-workers who are democrat. Kerry has vowed to stop politics until after the funeral, ya right once again his honor shows through. Semper Fi
Big Kahuna
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just when you think he can't be a bigger lowlife -- he proves you wrong.

Lord -- please grant the undecided voters the intelligence to be appalled by the actions of the man who fought President Reagan every step of the way to defeat Communism.
Top 10 Weasels.com is where Kerry is Weasel #1
marinedad

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Domocrats and Republicans bothview Ronald Reagan as a national hero. This isnt a time to pass judgement on what should and should not be done. This is a time to mourn a great president. Comments like the one you made sound like the one Mr. Castro made. Lets all mourn the great loss
War Dog
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed!

Very Happy

Woof!

When cops need help, they call the K-9 unit."
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree and he did have demo friends, just not this one. We all mourn in our own way, and I choose to serve my CIC even in death. Semper Fi.
keefer fm MD
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry has no place in President Reagan's library while President Reagan lies in state there. This fraud was no friend of Reagan; he just wants a photo op. Well, he got it; I heard he just left there, and didn't have to wait in line. What a *******!

You swiftwets rock!
Big Kahuna
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/6/7/234527.shtml

Quote:
"I'm proud that I stood against Ronald Reagan, not with him, when his intelligence agencies were abusing the Constitution of the United States and when he was running an illegal war in Central America."

That's just one of a series of anti-Reagan quotes unearthed by the Weekly Standard, where the Massachusetts Democrat slams Reagan as everything from an "inexperienced" governor to a dime store cowboy.

But it was the battle over U.S. aid to Nicaragua's Contra freedom fighters - backed by Reagan and opposed by Congressional Democrats - that drove Kerry to extremes.

He was one of ten signatories to the infamous "Dear Commandante" letter that offered Sandinista leader Daniel Ortega a deal: Don't do anything too overtly Marxist and Democrats would see to it that the Reagan-backed freedom fighters would be denied funding.

After Reagan lost the vote, Ortega promptly traveled to Moscow to get further instructions from his Soviet patrons, leaving Kerry and crew looking like communist dupes.

I don't care what anyone says -- his using President Reagan from his latest photo op is shameless.
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keefer fm MD wrote:
Kerry has no place in President Reagan's library while President Reagan lies in state there. This fraud was no friend of Reagan; he just wants a photo op. Well, he got it; I heard he just left there, and didn't have to wait in line. What a *******!

You swiftwets rock!

Yah! River Sailors did sometimes get wet! Laughing Laughing I Think you meant Swiftvets. Laughing Laughing Laughing What the H...! I can't type either.
Big Kahuna
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Tuesday, June 8, 2004 2:49 p.m. EDT
Kerry: Reagan Was Too Tough on Terrorists

Beyond trying to torpedo Ronald Reagan's efforts to free Central America from the Soviet threat, Sen. John Kerry objected when Reagan tried to punish terrorists who killed Americans, arguing that a 1986 retaliatory bombing raid against Col. Moammar Gadhafi was too harsh.

After Reagan ordered airstrikes on Ghadafi's presidential compound as punishment for Lybia's involvement in a Berlin disco bombing that had killed a U.S. soldier, Kerry wrote to the White House complaining that that the response was "disproportional."

"While I stated that my initial inclination was to support the President," Kerry began, "I pointed out that two essential tests had to be met in determining whether or not the U.S. action was appropriate. First, the United States had to have irrefutable evidence directly linking the [Gadhafi] regime to a terrorist act and, second, our response should be proportional to that act."

Kerry's revealing words, first uncovered in February by radio host Sean Hannity for his recent book, "Deliver Us From Evil," painted Reagan as an out-of-control cowboy whose reckless strategy was bound to fail.

"It is obvious that our response was not proportional to the disco bombing and even violated the Administration's own guidelines to hit clearly defined terrorist targets, thereby minimizing the risk to innocent civilians," he complained.

Kerry said it was a "mistake" for Reagan to have targeted the "head of state of another country - no matter how repugnant we find the leader."

"We are not going to solve the problem of terrorism with this kind of retaliation," he warned. "There are numerous other actions we can take, in concert with our allies, to bring significant pressure to bear on countries supporting or harboring terrorists."

Here's the full text of Kerry's letter blasting Reagan as it appears in Hannity's book, "Deliver Us From Evil: Defeating Terrorism, Despotism, and Liberalism":

"While I stated that my initial inclination was to support the President, I pointed out that two essential tests had to be met in determining whether or not the U.S. action was appropriate. First, the United States had to have irrefutable evidence directly linking the Qaddafi regime to a terrorist act and, second, our response should be proportional to that act. The evidence was irrefutable that the Qaddafi regime was behind the Berlin disco bombing which claimed the lives of two innocent victims and injured 200 others.

"However, as to the second test, it is obvious that our response was not proportional to the disco bombing and even violated the Administration's own guidelines to hit clearly defined terrorist targets, thereby minimizing the risk to innocent civilians. I believe it was a mistake for us to select as targets areas of heavy civilian concentration, as well as to include the family and home of the head of state of another country - no matter how repugnant we find the leader.

"The fact that the bombing resulted in the deaths of at least 17 civilians certainly undermined the Administration's own justification for the raid. Beyond this point, however, is the fact that we are not going to solve the problem of terrorism with this kind of retaliation. There are numerous other actions we can take, in concert with our allies, to bring significant pressure to bear on countries supporting or harboring terrorists."

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/6/8/145812.shtml
Big Kahuna
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and yet even more phoney praise for President Reagan

Quote:
Phony Praise for Reagan
Steve Malzberg
Monday, June 7, 2004
"The democrats may remember their lines, but how quickly they forget the lessons of the past. I have witnessed five major wars in my lifetime, and I know how swiftly storm clouds can gather on a peaceful horizon. The next time a Saddam Hussein takes over Kuwait or North Korea brandishes a nuclear weapon, will we be ready to respond? In the end it all comes down to leadership.."
--President Ronald Reagan.. February 3, 1994 at the RNC Gala (basicquotations.com)

With the passing of former President Ronald Reagan come the heartfelt words, sentiments and tributes from those who truly admired the man. But don't think for a minute that everyone who sings Mr. Reagan's praises really means it.

If you listen carefully you can hear the past words and true feelings of some, as their warm tribute in death becomes unraveled and tangled with the reality of what they thought of President Reagan when he was alive.

Senator John Kerry issued a statement which says in part, "Ronald Reagan's love of country was infectious. Even when he was breaking Democrats' hearts, he did so with a smile and in the spirit of honest and open debate." Almost believable if he would have stopped there, but he didn't.

"He was the voice of America in good times and in grief...Today, from California to Maine - from sea to shining sea - Americans will bow their heads in prayer and gratitude that President Reagan left such an indelible stamp on the nation he loved."

It's too bad that a check of the record shows that Senator Kerry apparently didn't care much for the 'Reagan Stamp' while it was being used.

According to a recent story on NewsMax.com by Dave Eberhart, "Kerry was generally a thorn in the popular former president's side." Eberhart points to Reagan's air strike on Libya in April of 1986, which reportedly almost got Moammar Gadhafi himself.

It was in retaliation for Libya's role in a terrorist attack in Germany that killed an American soldier and wounded 51 in a disco. Kerry had a problem with the method of striking back.

In a letter, Kerry said, "It is obvious that our response was not proportional to the disco bombing...there are numerous other actions we can take, in concert with our allies, to bring significant pressure to bear on countries supporting and harboring terrorists."

The good Senator was also, not surprisingly, against Reagan's defense budget, while at the same time underestimating the threat of the Soviet Union. Eberhart pulls up some Kerry campaign literature from 1984. "We are continuing a defense buildup that is consuming our resources with weapons systems that we don't need and can't use.

"The Reagan Administration has no rational plan for our military. Instead, it acts on misinformed assumptions about the strength of the Soviet military and a presumed 'window of vulnerability' which we now know not to exist."

He claimed that Congress lacked the moral courage to challenge the Reagan requests on defense and called some of those requests, "wasteful, useless and dangerous." Kerry also claimed that the buildup of our defense made Americans feel "more threatened by the prospect of war, not less so." (Wow, he hasn't changed one bit has he?)

Yes, Kerry would have cut some $50 billion from the Reagan defense budget according to Eberhart, while gutting the Strategic defense Initiative (Star Wars) altogether.

And the man who would be our president was against Reagan every step of the way when it came to our fight against communism in Grenada, (he called our invasion there a bully's show of force) El Salvador and Nicaragua.

So what exactly was it about that 'indelible Reagan stamp' that Kerry admired so much?

And what was it that Bill and Hillary Clinton admired so much in Ronald Reagan? Their statement read, "He personified the indomitable optimism of the American people...We will always remember his tremendous capacity to inspire and comfort us in times of tragedy, as he did after the loss of the space shuttle Challenger. Now he too has 'slipped the surly bonds of Earth to touch the face of G-d,' and we can rest assured that, as joyous a place as Heaven is, his wit and sunny disposition are making it an even brighter place to be."

Sounds great. It's too bad that Hillary reportedly has had some pretty nasty things to say in reference to President Reagan in the past.

According to the book Hillary's Scheme by NewsMax.com's Carl Limbacher, one time Clinton bodyguard L.D. Brown, a former Arkansas State Trooper, says that in the 1980's Bill Clinton actually did admire Reagan, and got along well with Vice President Bush. But not Hillary. According to Brown's 1997 book, "Crossfire: A Witness in the Clinton Investigation," the Clintons had been invited to a party at Bush's estate in Kennebunkport.

"Hillary flatly refused to go," says Brown in his book. Brown then quotes Hillary as saying, "F---him Bill. He's Reagan's G--D---Vice President."

In a separate incident, Brown says he showed Hillary a picture that he had taken with Nancy Reagan. Clinton allegedly told him that he should burn it. Brown also writes in his book that during a trip to D.C. in the 1980's, he recalls taking a taxi with Hillary and young Chelsea Clinton from the airport. Passing the White House, Chelsea wanted to get a closer look, but her mom shot back, "..we'll take a tour when someone decent lives there."

Only one former president has refused to issue a formal statement on the passing of the 40th man to hold the office. Number 39, Jimmy Carter told reporters on Sunday that it was a sad day for America and that his successor, "..was a formidable political campaigner who provided an inspirational voice to America when our people were searching for a clear message of hope and confidence."

Maybe it's best that Carter refrained from the formality. According to "The Real Jimmy Carter," written by Steven F. Haywood, the outgoing president couldn't hide his distaste for the man who would replace him.

"Carter appeared obsessed by his defeat at the hands of the former actor. He told the historian Douglas Brinkley in 1995 that "allowing Ronald Reagan to become president was by far my biggest failure in office."

Brinkley writes in his book on Carter, "The Unfinished Presidency," that, "Everything Reagan did drove Jimmy Carter crazy." On the 1986 Iran-Contra scandal, Carter told Brinkley that it showed, "Reagan was capable of just about anything underhanded."

Haywood notes that Carter (like John Kerry) criticized Reagan's retaliatory bombing of Libya in 1986, calling it a "serious mistake." And he says that in 1987 Carter did something no other former president has ever done. He sent a letter to the Senate Judiciary Committee to oppose Reagan's nomination of Robert Bork to the Supreme Court.

While it's important and appropriate to mourn the death and celebrate the life of the greatest president in my lifetime, it's also necessary to remember that there are those jumping on the bandwagon, who never really had any use for Ronald Reagan or the greatness that he stands for.

"It was leadership here at home that gave us strong American influence abroad, and the collapse of imperial communism. Great nations have responsibilities to lead and we should always be cautious of those who would lower our profile because they just might wind up lowering our flag."

--Ronald Reagan February 3, 1994 at the RNC Gala

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2004/6/7/114943.shtml

I am surprised so few people are appalled at the casket of the Greatest President is being used as a campaign prop. Frankly, I hope the hypocritical actions of the people that have always disliked President Reagan doesn't go unnoticed by the undecided voters.
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Kahuna wrote:
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/6/7/234527.shtml

Quote:
"I'm proud that I stood against Ronald Reagan, not with him, when his intelligence agencies were abusing the Constitution of the United States and when he was running an illegal war in Central America."

That's just one of a series of anti-Reagan quotes unearthed by the Weekly Standard, where the Massachusetts Democrat slams Reagan as everything from an "inexperienced" governor to a dime store cowboy.

But it was the battle over U.S. aid to Nicaragua's Contra freedom fighters - backed by Reagan and opposed by Congressional Democrats - that drove Kerry to extremes.

He was one of ten signatories to the infamous "Dear Commandante" letter that offered Sandinista leader Daniel Ortega a deal: Don't do anything too overtly Marxist and Democrats would see to it that the Reagan-backed freedom fighters would be denied funding.

After Reagan lost the vote, Ortega promptly traveled to Moscow to get further instructions from his Soviet patrons, leaving Kerry and crew looking like communist dupes.

I don't care what anyone says -- his using President Reagan from his latest photo op is shameless.

So what else is new?

FDL
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: