SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Now on Drudge - Kerry Cheated??? (debates)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donna Savage
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debs wrote:
It seems Rush is playing this down to, as he predicted Kerry would cheat in the debate and that it was no big surprise and that nothing will or should be done. Sometimes I think the entire media is out of touch with real people and, even though it is no surprise Kerry cheated, it's even more maddening to see that no media person seems to think it's a big deal - depressing. But it is a big deal to the common folk who cannot get away with cheating in their own lives.

I've have been thinking if this low-life, cheatin', lying, double-crossing, slick-handed schiester son of a gun had pulling this trickery in a poker game in the olden days here in West Texas, justice might have been served up quick and clean - whiskey for my men, beer for my horses - and hang 'em high. Wink

Debbie

Rush said that he didn't believe any of the president's advisors (which he is) should do anything with this, but he implied that if there are any 527s out there that want to take this issue on, then by all means do. Know of any good 527s????? Wink Wink
-President George W. Bush
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fr11 wrote:
MissPatriot wrote:
I took one of the pictures of Kerry holding whatever he's holding and used Ifranview to look at it in different ways. I used the 'negetive' mode to look at it and saved the results.

In 'negetive' mode it switches light with dark and dark with light. As you can see in the original John Kerry's shirt collar is very white. And in the 'negetive' picture it is very dark. Whatever he's holding in his hand looks like it was just as dark in negetive mode as Kerry's shirt collar. Sooo, the obvious conclusion is that it is something white, like Kerry's shirt collar.

That isn't a pen.

Everyone needs to look at this post again. This is NOT a black pen, like the NY Post said it was. It's not possible.

Miss Patriot is a genius for thinking of this. If you look at it closely, there are several things to point out. First, people cannot claim the white object is his white shirt cuff, because if you look closely, you can see a shade of color past his jacket end that is the same color as his face, then past his hand (and the color the same as his face) the color changes to the object, which has to be white (or at least a very light color, certainly not black) from the negative (as it is the same as his white shirt collar). I just did an absolutely horrible job trying to explain this, but the negative photo is very important, and should show that the object Kerry was holding could not have been black.
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I guess if nothing more happens than they broadcast video like that on little green footballs, that clearly shows the deed.....and the public has a chance to see it, then I am fine with letting them make up their own minds. It is pretty clear to see.
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fox News is going to have the video on now. Brit Hume - Special Report
whuffo
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a pen. Darn, thought we had the weasel for a while....
Endaar
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, admittedly I'm not going to get to see this until one of the late replays on Fox, but can anyone who has seen the Fox clip explain how a small round pen morphs into a large rectangular object?

Endaar
ArmybratNavywife
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a pen from the front...darn.

eta..I wish someone could enhance the side view....because it doesn't look like a pen from that angle
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is not supposed to have a pen, he can't even follow simple rules. He must be stupid.
Wynne
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it was a pen but it sure doesn't look like one in the video. All Brit showed was a still shot.
Ladyhawke
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the Brit Hume show and the still shot was certainly a pen. It was only shown briefly, and I have been searching in vain at foxnews.com to see it again. It seems that it was face-on with the podium in front, to my unverified memory. If I am correct, it could not have been the incident we all saw on video, as that required a rear/side view to be seen. If anyone can find a source for the Foxnews shot, please post it!

Cheers to all!
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is such a crock. By not showing the video......the one they have on little green footballs, they have proven NOTHING. Sean better do better than this.
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geez, that video sure did make it look like a white object. Anyways, here is a picture of the FOX News picture. It is not the best of quality--I used a digital camera to take a picture of the TV which I had recorded Special Report on, so my apologies to the "fuzziness", but I'm pretty sure you can make out the pen clearly, unfortunately. Regardless, Kerry still violated the rules! Laughing

http://www.wedgewoodsubdivision.com/kerry.asp
.::geo::.
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:21 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

I haven't seen the still shot from Fox, but what you see on the video is: Kerry pulls something from his pocket. Messes around with it. straightens it out. and THEN picks up a pen and starts writing something down.

So my question is, was the still shot taken right when he pulled his "pen" from his pocket, or after he started writing things down?

e,

Georgi

(okay, ignore this, I'm too slow ~L~)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geo,

From what i can tell, it is legitimate. At first while watching Fox News I was skeptical because the microphone is right in front of his face in the picture, but when you look at the other video feed from behind, it looks like they are capturing the correct frame in the video.

Like I said in my previous post, click this link and its clear its a black pen. Sad

http://www.wedgewoodsubdivision.com/kerry.asp
Endaar
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really want to see the next 5-6 seconds after the still shot posted. Actually, the still itself shows nothing other than Kerry having a pen, which we never questioned.

Plus, there is no way a pen can create a surface perpendicular to the guy's hand yet a few inches past the end of his fingers. Something still isn't right.

Endaar
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 23 of 32

Jump to: