SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What about a collective boycott of left-wing MSM's??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PrinceLazar
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 4:29 pm    Post subject: What about a collective boycott of left-wing MSM's?? Reply with quote

I think the leftie media and their goons should get to know that all their lies, slanders and propaganda will lead to consequences for their future sales.

First of all; we should put up an official site where all American patriots can agree on various things they would not deal with anymore. This will hurt the sales of many places and make them think twice before spreading their garbage to loud.

*As I was at my local Borders yesterday, the speakers came with "informaton to the customers"; <<Michael Moore's new movie "Fahrenheit 9/11" was out on DVD and then (in the same sentence), don't forget to register to vote, Bordes will today and tomorrow assist in voters registration!!>> Talk about trying to be subtle without flair...

*Most Borders you go to, you will be hard pressed to locate "Unfit for command" and if you ask for it, they will tell you "they are out". Turns out that I found it stacked away between the history and philosophy racks. I then went back and asked for an explanation to this and the manager then came and told me "We keep 5000+ different titles here and cannot keep track of every book at every time".
Of course; the fairytale "Tour of Duty was right at the entrance and by the registers, instead of being in the fiction rack along with tales of the tooth fairy.

*All the media that attacked Bush 24/7 after the Dan Rather story, but never picked up any investigations into Kerry's frauds should have to pay a high price for this. This is very clearly biased and also abuse of their claim towards less informed people that they deliver "objective news".

*Colleges and online programs should be looked into and scrutinized for having leftie biases. Students should weed out liars whether they are professors or other faculty AND LET THEM KNOW WHY!!

*Investigate firms/stores/media that you find suspicious and let them know you are not going to support them anymore.

All it takes is for some of us to form a consensus on the most biased garbage and start listing it up. Neither Borders, CBS, CNN or Univ. Phoenix ONLINE can live of liberals alone. It WOULD hurt....

I say, let's use our new-earned power of the internet and blogging as the free press and let the others rot!!! Let us found a strong collective power and show these bastards that the days of PC-propaganda are coming to an end.

Prince Lazar

Need some wood?!?!
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: What about a collective boycott of left-wing MSM's?? Reply with quote

PrinceLazar wrote:
I think the leftie media and their goons should get to know that all their lies, slanders and propaganda will lead to consequences for their future sales.

This is a noble idea and should be started. It will take a long time to gain traction, but every revolution begins slowly.

In fact, the MSM is going to begin realizing that their emissions will need to move away from opinion masquerading as factual reporting. Their emissions must be able to withstand the world-wide scrutiny of a multidisciplinary audience including lawyers, doctors, scientists, engineers, writers, thinkers, housewives, inventors, clergy, and experts across an immense variety of fields. In addition to their innate skills, insights and capabilities to think, the audience will be increasingly armed with what is becoming a world "library computer" filled with rapidly and selectively-retievable information for use in the vetting process.

No more lies, errors by commission, selective omissions, spin, distortions, and other journalistic malpractice without immediate, rapid, sustained and painful consequences.

I also believe this means that the news media will have to vastly increase the skillsets and expertise requirements of the writers and editors they hire, with similar changes in journalism schools.

Speaking of journalistic malpractice, in medicine until the early 1900's, anyone could (and did) hang out a shingle. There were also no real requirements for medical schools in terms of quality, and many half-baked "007 doc schools" (producing docs who, like the modern James Bond, were licenced to kill) flourished. The state of medicine was nothing short of horrendous.

Abraham Flexner changed all this in his report of 1910. Note that Flexner was not a physician (just as the bloggers are not 'professional journalists').

Rathergate may be the initial salvo in what becomes a "Flexner report" on the ills of the MSM.

-- FDL

Flexner Report...Birth Of Modern Medical Education

The Flexner Report is the most important event in the history of American and Canadian medical education. It was a commentary on the condition of medical education in the early 1900s and gave rise to modern medical education. The report is named for Abraham Flexner (1866-1959) who prepared it.

Abraham Flexner was not a doctor but was a secondary school teacher and principal for 19 years in Louisville, Kentucky (where this writer's uncle was one of his students). Flexner then took graduate work at Harvard and the University of Berlin and joined the research staff of the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching. For the Carnegie Foundation, Flexner researched, wrote and in 1910 published a report entitled "Medical Education in the United States and Canada." It is known today as the Flexner Report.

The Flexner Report triggered much-needed reforms in the standards, organization, and curriculum of North American medical schools. At the time of the Report, many medical schools were proprietary schools operated more for profit than for education. Flexner criticized these schools as a loose and lax apprenticeship system that lacked defined standards or goals beyond the generation of financial gain. In their stead Flexner proposed medical schools in the German tradition of strong biomedical sciences together with hands-on clinical training. The Flexner Report caused many medical schools to close down and most of the remaining schools were reformed to conform to the Flexnerian model.

Flexner did a number of other significant studies of education including a comparison of American, English and German universities. He founded the Institute for Advanced Study at Princeton in 1930 and served as its first director.(Albert Einstein joined the Institute in 1933).

Abraham Flexner was one of the great educators of the 20th century. To him, medical education and medicine in North America owe a considerable debt.
skygod325
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes boycotting the left wing MSM is already in full swing. It is clear that regualr network news is losing ground fast to internet and cable news. One clear example of this is the Drudge Report. This internet news site had 2,853,005,194 visitors in the past year. The MSM is quickly losing it's clout and the Rathergate scandal tilted this momentum to where it will never come back.
The best way to hurt the MSM is in the pocketbook. Don't watch and don't frequent their advertisers. Let the network know you are unhappy with there biased reporting and also let their advertisers know too. Rest assured there are millions of people out there who think as we do.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving to Geedunk Forum

Thanks
JN173
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skygod325 wrote:
The best way to hurt the MSM is in the pocketbook. Don't watch and don't frequent their advertisers.

I quit watching the MSM after the start of the Iraqi invasion.

The Catch 22 to your suggestion is if you don't watch them you don't know who their advertisers are. Wink
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skygod325 wrote:
Yes boycotting the left wing MSM is already in full swing. It is clear that regualr network news is losing ground fast to internet and cable news. One clear example of this is the Drudge Report. This internet news site had 2,853,005,194 visitors in the past year. The MSM is quickly losing it's clout and the Rathergate scandal tilted this momentum to where it will never come back.

Let's roll.... and take back our FREE country! I know we have a list of cbs advertisers, but do we have a list from other networks? should we take 1 network at a time? Hit the cable ones starting after the election (to stop watching)? I still watch them on and off thruout the day to keep up on their lies and ommissions. We could start with listing the advertisers and sending out letters AND boycotting the products. etc...

I'm gonna have to print out a list of products / stores to stop using / going to or I won't remember!
I hear on bor (?) last night brokaw saying something like' ... these internet ? somethings are spearheading a jihad against Rather...' there was more to it and I'm sure he didn't say 'spearhead' but I don't remember tha exact words, but you get the idea - he's calling us terrorists (he may actually have called us that 'media terrorists' . I hope that 's his rerun interview on friday... he doesn't know 'jihad' against ? ' yet... and it ain't gonna just be rather....
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Snipe
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. I cheated. I watched Junior win Talledega on Sunday afternoon
on NBC. Aside from an occasional NASCAR moment, I've been off
of all broadcast TV for years. cBS got the heave all the way back in
1968 after Cronkite gave the TET win to the VC in '68. The last of the
"News" got gonged when I discovered FOX.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: