SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can You Name This Country?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davman
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:39 pm    Post subject: Can You Name This Country? Reply with quote

CAN YOU NAME THIS COUNTRY?

> 709,000 REGULAR (ACTIVE DUTY) PERSONNEL.

> 293,000 RESERVE TROOPS.

> EIGHT STANDING ARMY DIVISIONS.

> 20 AIR FORCE AND NAVY AIR WINGS WITH 2,000 COMBAT AIRCRAFT.

> 232 STRATEGIC BOMBERS.

> 19 STRATEGIC BALLISTIC MISSILE SUBMARINES WITH 3,114 NUCLEAR WARHEADS ON 232 MISSILES.

> 500 ICBMs WITH 1,950 WARHEADS.

> FOUR AIRCRAFT CARRIERS AND 121 SURFACE COMBAT SHIPS AND SUBMARINES PLUS ALL THE SUPPORT BASES, SHIPYARDS, AND LOGISTICAL ASSETS NEEDED TO SUSTAIN SUCH A NAVAL FORCE.

IS THIS COUNTRY-

RUSSIA ? NO

CHINA ? NO

GREAT BRITAIN ? NO

FRANCE ? WRONG AGAIN ( What a Laugh!!!!!)

MUST BE USA ? STILL WRONG (SORT OF)

GIVE UP ?
THESE ARE THE AMERICAN MILITARY FORCES THAT WERE
ELIMINATED DURING THE ADMINISTRATION OF BILL CLINTON AND AL GORE. AND [their elimination] was 100% SUPPORTED BY JOHN KERRY (THESE HE DID VOTE ON)

SLEEP WELL! This is not a new message, but a reminder of why we now have deployment of our National Guard and Reserve Units.
homesteader
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was all hailed as "a great reduction in the size of government".
davman
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only cutbacks in spending that are acceptable to Liberals like Kerry are those that put our soldiers at risk. Otherwise it's raise those taxes and spend more money!
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I agree that leftists most want to cut the military budget in order to spend the money "saved," there on social programs, I have to admit that we have few conservative spenders on either side of the Congress.

This is why the line-item veto is so important... cutting pork.

We keep sending the critters back to Congress who gain the most for us, locally, instead of making the "litmus test" that of who would do what's best for the country.

As an electorate, we are spoiled and selfish and soft. It's a good thing we aren't called upon to make the sacrifices that our parents and grandparents had to make in WWII - because I'm not sure we could hack it. Confused
Tacan70UDN
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EJ - Once again, you nailed it! I agree 100%. People have to learn that freedom and all the wonderful things we have here are not/not God-given. They were fought and died for. If we as a people are no longer willing to do so, we'll lose everything, not just for us, but for future generations. The "me" and "just do it" and "give me" way of life has to change if we are to persevere.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weapons systems weren't the only thing they cut back on during those years;

Flu Like Virus Sickens Recruits

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Davman. I just mailed this page to a friend of mine and her Army husband who are blaming Bush-Cheney and Rummie for our present situation. I still cannot believe how her husband who is in the military could have such a warped view of our administration and Rummie. It is crazy. Thanks, and I hope your contribution will convince them since my two hour disertation and explainations seemed to have little to no effect.
davman
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry and Edwards keep telling people what they want to hear, regardless of the facts. This even fools some of those in the military at times. Look how many were fooled by Kerry after he returned from Vietnam! The best way to counter their lies is to keep reporting facts.
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry "a great reduction in the size of government" to me means shrinking the number of bureaucrats and clerks not the size of our armed forces. Shrinking the military just means we are more vulnerable. Shrinking the bureaucrats and clerks means getting down to lean and mean.
shadowy
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you think that the U.S. is governed by a "regime', then I guess you might also have the delusion that a reduction of the military is a reduction of the size of the government.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: