SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tort Reform?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ranch hand
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:04 am    Post subject: Tort Reform? Reply with quote

Did I hear Edwards (a lawyer) in the debate say that both Kerry (a lawyer) and he were in favor of tort reform?

Kerry has had 20 years in the Senate and Edwards has had 6 years in the Senate to introduce tort reform. Seems to me that if they were truly in favor, thay have had plenty of opportunity to do so.

R Evans
USAF, VN 69-70
bach04
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was fuming when I heard Edwards say this. We all know for a fact that the trial lawyer association will have its biggest lobbyist in Washington D.C. if kerry were ever to be elected. Thats the biggest bunch of B.S. I have heard tonight, and I pray that after November 2, Edwards will go back to his old job chasing after ambulances.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bach04 wrote:
I was fuming when I heard Edwards say this. We all know for a fact that the trial lawyer association will have its biggest lobbyist in Washington D.C. if kerry were ever to be elected. Thats the biggest bunch of B.S. I have heard tonight, and I pray that after November 2, Edwards will go back to his old job chasing after ambulances.

The silky pony needs to be put back in his barn.
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry/Edwards pledging tort reform? Thats asking the Devil to cast out other devils! Twisted Evil
Mary Ann Parker
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 4:25 am    Post subject: Notice! Let's Shut The Barn Door AFTER The Horse Is OUT! Reply with quote

Mr. Edwards can AFFORD to say something like that
now that he has earned forty three MILLION DOLLARS
suing OB/GYNS for children that develop cerebral palsy.

Data has successfully refuted delivery error as
a primary cause. Embarassed

That should tell us more than words about HIS position. Mad
I think those boys are lying. Are their lips moving? Question

Obviously Kerry's board certification was not in "PRE-NUPS". Rolling Eyes
I think those boys are lying. Are their lips moving? Question

Let's make it a great day just for spite. Wink
Mary Ann Parker
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bush is not a lawyer. That is reason enough for me to vote for him. I favor prohibiting lawyers from holding public office.

Sam
Roon
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Kerry announced Edwards as his running mate, I kept waiting for the GOP, Hannity and other talking heads to begin referring to Edwards as "King of Torts". Anyone who reads that has a completely different vision on Edwards than one of helping "poor mistreated people".
Helping his own pocket he is I say.
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am wondering what the Trial Lawyers Assoc is going to have to say about Edward's new position on tort reform...sort of a "three strikes and you're out" tort reform initiative. Oh yeah, that'll hold up against challenges from lawyers. They could claim everything from "interference of the exercise of free trade" to censorship. Maybe they will sue Edwards, in advance of his new initiative. Pre-emptive law suits: why not?

But I guess the trial lawyers that support Kerry-Edwards realize it is another trial lawyer saying these things, so therefore it is meaningless.

Not to dis on lawyers. Evil or Very Mad Or anything. I am sure there are many decent people out there, practicing law. Probably even some honest ones, you never know. Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: