SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry to be on BOR
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Townsend
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about his medical records--to present. We have some evidence of sleepwalking and night frights from his bride, and I wonder what else we have yet to hear. But I have to go along with you all who think BOR has gone soft on us. He sets his jaw when he hears about the Swift vets, then he bends over backwards for Terry McAuliffe and company.
army72
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOR will soft ball away. He'll ask a couple of semi tough questions then let Kerry dance off the hook and never demand an answer. He WON'T ask about the 180 because he does not think too highly of the Swifties.

He certainly does not give them any credit.

I don't expect much from this interview. I think Hannity or Hume would handle the interview much better. It'll be like a Kerry commercial; botox, cheesy smile, roller painted face, plastic never-move hair and references to 4 point plan to fix every problem.
Chuck54
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no way BOR will hammer his long time friend effinKerry. No effin way.

Sorry to burst your bubble Aristotle, I used to like and respect BOR too, thought he was the best thing going. But his attitude toward the swifts, the forgeries, sandy berger.....he is kerrykamp all the way even though he won't admit to it.

Haven't watched BOR since the Oneill interview, didn't watch him for weeks before that after he sandbagged the swifties.

BOR is about BOR. I am repulsed by the sight of him.

Zell Miller
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
GiveMeFreedom wrote:
But don't you think BOR is 'obligated' to ask him about the Swift Boat Vet stuff? And if he does, it will be fun to watch Kerry squirm like those people in the hemorrhoid commercials!! Laughing

I think it's a safe bet that BOR would have sold his soul (not to mention the Swiftees) in order to snag this ratings "get". If SBVT even gets mentioned, the exchange will be pre-scripted.

Ditto. JFnK will say "They're all liars," and BOR will say "Thanks, Senator, I thought so, too."
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my take on this O'Reilly interview, and y'all will probably think I'm crazy!

O'Reilly will ask Kerry fairly tough specific questions about his votes on Iraq, etc., his stance on issues, and will be asked to rationalize his "inconsistencies". O'Reilly asked President Bush two specific questions about the TANG I think. O'Reilly being "fair and balanced" will do the same with Kerry. I have no idea what the questions will be (probably post-war because O'Reilly is a sissy when talking about his actual service), but the key is Kerry's response and O'Reilly's follow-up. If Kerry responds ANYTHING like he did with Diane Sawyer, saying "damnable lies. Proven lies" O'Reilly will persist further, bragging about "his findings" (if the question, although doubtful, is about medals). If Kerry spins and says something in general, O'Reilly will move on and probably give him a pass.

No matter what, O'Reilly will not live up to our hopes and really grill Kerry, but if Kerry responds aggressively, in a stupid manner, O'Reilly might come right back (hopefully!) with some light stuff exposing Kerry. At least that is my take on how the interview will go. I agree with a previous post though, Kerry could very well weasel his way out of the interview due to "scheduling" before the election. O'Reilly would not be too pleased about this, and may have some slightly harsh words for Kerry about not living up what he says. Kerry did have a little weasel clause in there (granting him an interview, but not guaranteed before election).
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fr11 wrote:
We need to focus on one thing and one thing only - getting BOR to ask Kerry about Form 180! Let's start a massive "Form 180" e-mail campaign to BOR and FOX.

It won't hurt anyone to try.... but Bill would need to HAVE the 180 there and HAVE Kerry sign it in front of him and HAVE Bill keep the form and turn it in....

Kerry not only lied to Imus, he lied in interview with Chris M last April and in interview with Tim Russert. There are probably more interviews that he lied about it in also - I just don't know what they are....

It's so hard to believe that the press is going to let him skate on this.... does anyone have an email address for Robert Novak? A lot of these anti kerry people on tv could be bringing it up each time they are on, but they aren't either.... I'll assume Rush is hammering for it (I don't get good reception where I live to listen to hm.) What about Michael Savage??? does he bring it up? also, does anyone remember if bor confronted O'Neill with any 'fact' he found to be wrong - other than the fire fight on 3/13/69.
Kerry will probably go on bor the week before the elelction... like the thursday before.... but he shouldn't worry cause bor won't ask him anything hard. I won't be watching him after 11/2 either.... I barely do now... I just 'check in' to see who is on that day.
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
RMalloy
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOR: "So Senator Kerry, would you like to respond to the Swiftvets For
Truth?"
KERRY:"Yes I would, Bill."

"Okay, what would you like to say, Senator?"

"About what?"

"The Swiftvets?"

"What about them?"

"You said you wanted to respond to their allegations."

"I did."

"So what would you like to say to the Swiftvets, Senator?"

"I already did, Bill."

"Already did what, Senator?"

"Did what?"

"THE SWIFTVETS, SENATOR, THE SWIFTVETS."

"We've already covered that, Bill, time to move on."

BOR: Shocked
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RMalloy wrote:
BOR: "So Senator Kerry, would you like to respond to the Swiftvets For
Truth?"
KERRY:"Yes I would, Bill."

"Okay, what would you like to say, Senator?"

"About what?"

"The Swiftvets?"

"What about them?"

"You said you wanted to respond to their allegations."

"I did."

"So what would you like to say to the Swiftvets, Senator?"

"I already did, Bill."

"Already did what, Senator?"

"Did what?"

"THE SWIFTVETS, SENATOR, THE SWIFTVETS."

"We've already covered that, Bill, time to move on."

BOR: Shocked

Whos on first?
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMBO!!!

Oh my, that's great! And that's probably as close as we're ever going to get, too.

Maybe that's what makes it so laugh-worthy.

Thanks! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
leeinwv
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
BOR knows how to do this. He is good at it. If he doesn’t do it with Kerry it will reveal BOR's true self for sure.

If he wants his audience back he will not do a pass to Kerry
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to see if BOR is a man or a mouse. Time to fish or cut bait.

You might remind BOR that giving a pass to Kerry is Stuart Smalley's job (OR's arch enemy and competition, Al Franken). BOR hates Franken, and if he becomes him for ratings, he is no better, and only marginally better looking.
truthserum
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can email BOR and remind him that he "did" question President Bush about the Swiftvets. He will look very biased if he does not ask Kerry any questions on it.
Most likely Kerry will have "rules" about what BOR can or cannot ask him.

My take is Kerry will wiggle out of this interview. He has not had any interview with anyone of significance for months. It is not likely Kerry would want to expose himself to BOR even if BOR would throw soft balls.

I don't watch BOR any more either so I was surprised to see this thread about the interview.

PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 3:27 pm    Post subject: O'Reilly / Kerry Interview Reply with quote

If Bill O'Reilly doesn't want to touch anything specifically dealing with the Swift Boat Veterans, maybe we can suggest questions that have to do with Kerry's Senate testimony, which are a matter of public record, and cannot be disputed.

For example, we can suggest that Bill O'Reilly ask:

1) On April 22, 1971, you testified before the United States Senate that, with the full knowledge of military commanders, American soldiers "cut off ears and heads, raped women, ... and razed villages." Did you actually observe such behavior by any American soldiers, or was that hearsay?

2) If other soldiers testified to you of such behavior, why didn't you ask them to testify before the Senate under oath? Did you check their own credibility before repeating their charges publicly before the Senate? If some of them lied to you, could you have given false testimony before the United States Senate?

3) If you accused the entire American military of condoning such behavior, how can you say now that you support our troops, when you have already falsely accused some troops who served honorably and did not abuse civilians in Vietnam?

4) On the Dick Cavett show, you admitted to personally committing war crimes. What specific war crimes did you commit?

5) In 1970, while in the Naval Reserves, you negotiated with representatives of the North Vietnamese and Viet Cong, who were then enemies of America, when you had no legal authority to do so. How can Americans trust you to lead our government now, when you undermined its diplomacy then?

6) In 1971, you assured the Senate that a unilateral withdrawal of U.S. troops from Vietnam would result in peace, and about 3,000 South Vietnamese casualties. After the withdrawal, actual South Vietnamese casualties were over 2 million. How can Americans trust your judgment about war-and-peace issues now, if your judgment then resulted in such disastrous consequences?

7) It is estimated that 58,000 American soldiers died trying to defend South Vietnam, which was overrun by the Communists shortly after the withdrawal which you recommended. Are you prepared to apologize to their families, that they died in vain for your misjudgment?

If you have some better suggestions, or better ways of phrasing these questions, please post them. But if we are E-mailing O'Reilly with suggested questions for Kerry, we should probably concentrate on what he did AFTER Vietnam, where the record can not be disputed as easily as the events in Vietnam.

What do you think?
jim_nyc
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you guys should write off BOR completely. He should be a casualty (metaphorically speaking) of this election cycle.

1.) Immediate out of hand dismissal and denunciation of 250 decorated veterans without research in order to take the side of one dubiously decorated individual who also happens to have come as close to treason as anyone in the past 40 years.

2.) Instant and total support for Dan Rather. Took his side and made excuses for what would have or should have gotten Rather canned. That phony document hit piece made with the full knowledge and cooperation of the Kerry campaign should have ended this election in favor of Bush.

I don't reject people because they disagree with me provided of course they are approaching the topic in an honest way. BOR showed his stripes on these two VITAL issues. At least they are vital to me.

I can almost guarantee his flunkies are monitoring this board. Stop slobbering all over him. He stapped this organization in the back. Kerry's activities in the 1970's are most definately relevant to this race. No excuses from BOR.
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to believe in BIll, but he may turn into Chris with Kerry and let things slid...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: