SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mystery Surrounds Kerry's Navy Discharge
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jataylor11 wrote:
Nomorelies wrote:
I get it. I get it. I get it.

Pres. Bush's only comment about his TANG record?

I was honorably discharged!!!!!!!

Idea Idea Idea Idea

Gee --- I finally get it too!!!! Way cool Cool Cool Cool

Brilliant strategy --- I can hear the barking moonbats now --- it must be that wicked Karl Rove at work Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

21 days to unearth this truth and spread the word

Ok - didn't Bush always just say 'I believe Kerry served honorably..' And that's really the only thing he would ever say? Sly devil hinted to us!
Paul R.
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
(Watch for a "victim of Nixon" angle developing from the Koolaid drinkers).

Ha! Then you just nail Kerry (ok, re-nail him) on "why": Screwing up Kissinger's efforts, giving the enemy "aid and comfort", and getting a lot more of our men killed. Then point out he is doing those last 2 things again today, so, Vietnam is d*** well relevant!
rbshirley
Founder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post Deleted

Last edited by rbshirley on Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wynne wrote:
The problem with this theory is that he couldn’t have gotten the discharge recharacterized until the Carter presidency, February 1978 according to the article, and he was already a county prosecutor by then. I doubt he could have been admitted to the Massachusetts bar with a discharge carrying any of the three lower characterizations.

Bullcrap. I was actually extorted and defamed over an intellectual property issue by a lawyer in General Counsel's Office at a large Ivy-league university in Connecticut (begins with a "Y") where I was on faculty, who I later found out had not passed the state's Bar Exam but was employed as an Associate General Counsel nonetheless. By the laws of the state, this person should not have even been able to use the word "Counsel" in her title, let alone work as a lawyer in the state.

When I complained to the State Bar's grievance committee about the lack of this lawyer's credentials and unethical practices, this "lawyer" merely received a slap on the wrist and continued working, and the deliberations of the Bar in reaching this decision were denied to me, even under a FOI request. In fact the Bar Asociation "forgot" to inform me of their decision at all until I pressed them.

It helped that this lawyer was represented by a real big cheese in the legal community.

Bar Associations are buyable, just like any other agency.

-- FDL

Last edited by fortdixlover on Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:21 am; edited 7 times in total
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Bar Associations are buyable, just like any other agency

And I suspect particularly so in a state that is by-and-large run by the Kennedy political machine.
openfish24
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
According to the secretary of the Navy's document, the "authority of reference" this board was using in considering Mr. Kerry's record was "Title 10, U.S. Code Section 1162 and 1163. "This section refers to the grounds for involuntary separation from the service. What was being reviewed, then, was Mr. Kerry's involuntary separation from the service. And it couldn't have been an honorable discharge, or there would have been no point in any review at all. The review was likely held to improve Mr. Kerry's status of discharge from a less than honorable discharge to an honorable discharge.

Quote:
3. Other Than Honorable Conditions. We used OTH in the Reserves for Marines who quit coming in or popped positive for illegal drug use on urinalysis. Although you COULD get them at a worse level, the OTH did not require a court martial and could be done entirely on paper - a huge advantage for the Reserves who just want the bad egg off the roster and don’t have the time to do the court martial. It’s a black mark, though - for example, you’d have a hell of a time becoming a cop or getting admitted to a state bar. Or even getting hired by the Postal Service. (At least, this was the line we gave kids to scare them into coming to drill again.)

John Kerry was a reserve officer. When he left active duty what would his duties in the reserve have been? Could the person who was AWOL from the reserves have been Kerry?

Last edited by openfish24 on Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
truthserum
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you NavyChief. Somehow this will get out and go somewhere.
The dems are already preparing their spin.

PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!
JimRobson
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed fortdixlover.

Especially out East with his anti-war cronies and association with the Kennedys. He was bound to get free passes on his crap. Especially if he said he was Nixonized.

http://www.thewebplace.com/
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody's commented on this, but notice how this morning's revelation complements so nicely the commotion over Sinclair's airing of "Stolen Honor." Talk about hitting them on both sides at once!

You know, and I know, that the other side will do everything they can do to silence the truth, and failing that, will try to spin it to their advantage. I'd like to suggest that those members who have tapped into blogs, chat rooms, etc. - and, yes, MSM developing stories points - keep an eye on things today, and report what they find. I don't know if, or what, we can do about their counter-tactics, but as soon as we know what they're up to the more effective we'll be. Sort of like running downfield providing blocking for Navy Chief...
The Ghost
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we have to remember who has been backing kerry all this time

if that man can get away from killing a woman from his and kerry's state , you better believe that he could fix it so that kerry could do almost anything
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Ghost wrote:
we have to remember who has been backing kerry all this time

if that man can get away from killing a woman from his and kerry's state , you better believe that he could fix it so that kerry could do almost anything

true - but that was before the internet and all this available information that they can't hide from us, and our ability to join forces the way we have to make a change. 'He can run, but he can not hide! Razz
sdkhaki
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wynne wrote:
Somebody read this post from Joel Ard on Polipundit and tell me he's wrong. I want this story to go forward so much!

Interesting that he claims to be an expert on discharges but found no fault in the article itself. His skepticism is based on the assumption that a dishonorable discharge would have poisoned the waters for him professionally in the 70s.

It's true today that a dishonorable discharge carries some very negative consequences. It disqualifies the dischargee from military benefits for example. But a BCD discharge would only impact someone negatively in the private sector if it is disclosed, and then only if an employer thought it relevant. In the atmosphere of the 70s, it's not necessarily easy to say what the MA bar would have thought about a BCD...even if Lurch disclosed it. He was a rather famous person in those days. A BCD might have been a very private matter between Lurch and the Navy and he would have been free to let the public assume he was a war hero.

There may be reasons to discredit the discharge story, but I don't think this is it.

ETCS(SW/AW)
twicearound
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In response to ANKER-KLANKER

COUNTERATTACK-ON ANOTHER THREAD STORY ABOUT DAN RATHER

DOING A PUFF PIECE ON KERRY'S SILVER STAR:

http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12507

I imagine this has something to do with Stolen Honor
ohanakat
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An other than honorable discharge MIGHT cause questions to be raised for an applicant to the Mass. bar, but ONLY if the applicant answered any questions about military service honestly. Kerry is a master at wiggle-words and it's doubtful this is a new skill. I don't know if bar records can be obtained via FOIA, but the application might be revealing if available.

It's also possible that given the time period and Kerry's already well known anti-war activities that even an honest answer would have been overlooked.

Either way, the argument that he couldn't be accepted into the bar is bogus. Proves absolutely nothing. Just more smoke.

Kat
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C'Mon Kerry - sign the 180 and prove us all wrong!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 8 of 30

Jump to: