SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

O'Neill on Scarborough - Please comment HERE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohninTexas wrote:
...are we saying that Thurlow accepted a bogus Citation...

Perhaps, but I heard the telephone interview with Mr. Thurlow when this story came out. He was notified of the medal two months after he had been discharged and had returned home. When the notification came, he noticed the erroneous words but went to Kansas City anyway to receive it. He did not say it directly, but it seemed evident that he was too embarrassed to object to mere words and after all, it did not matter at that late date. It was a ceremony more for the family than for him. So he kept quiet.

However, he said directly that if enemy fire was the reason for awarding the medal, he would return it with an apology. His actions to save the distressed boat and crew justified the medal, even without enemy fire. The enemy fire was needed only for Humpty Dumpty's medal. The explanation is tougher than the words, "liar, liar...."

Last edited by Tom Poole on Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:15 am; edited 1 time in total
MACVJOE
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

O'Donnell is a Kerryite. Just sent off a couple(rather warm) emails to MSNBC to let them know 527 got 1,000,000 contributors and mailing list of some 25 million vets and we do not accept 'BROWN SHIRT' treatment from O Donnell, that his actions tonight was way over the top.
PowerPro
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:16 am    Post subject: Part Deux Reply with quote

Okay - my other post was choppy so I'll try again.

Is there a way to make a donation via PayPal?

I have a credit card but it's maxed out.

Someone please let me know!

Thank you SBVs & POWs FT! Your service to this country is incalculable!!!
JohninTexas
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:18 am    Post subject: Re: What did Thurlow say? Reply with quote

Quote:
yes, thurlow did... I'm sure he figured it was for the 'fire' of the mine and he jumped over to the 93 boat to help save the guys there....

there was only the fire from the boats toward shore.... no enemy fire.... Kerry wrote AAR for it.... see Navy Chief's research - will get the address for you later if you want .... or you can look down the topics - look for topic with lots of pages (maybe 17 or 1Cool and posted by NavyChief.... might be back a page
Thurlow did deserve the bronze star.... he jumped into action immediately - didn't wait to see if there was enemy fire coming from shore.... and he didn't run away like kerry..... Smile

THANKS! Makes sense now. I could see that happening . . . if a mine tearing a boat apart isn't enemy fire, I'm not sure what is!
teach-u
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My letter...
Embarrassing!

If Mr. O'Donnel were one of my students he would be sitting in the principal's office getting a severe tongue lashing, if not suspension. I guess I can tell my students they behave better and have better debating techniques than most of your "expert" political analysts.
Pat was steamrolled, I feel for him, what could he do when one of his fellow "journalists" loses complete control in front of tens of thousands of viewers?
I commend Pat for giving Mr. O'Neil a chance to speak, seeing as this issue is of great concern to many Veterans and their families (like mine).

I don't suppose you'll be reprimanding The West Wing writer, seeing as the last episode like this garnered you a new commercial for Mr. Matthews (an O'Donnel disciple).

I'm just sick of hoping that political discourse will get more civil once the issues are actually laid on the table. I truly wonder whether MSNBC is concerned about it too or just encouraging it.

I'd love to know if anything ever gets talked about between your editors.

Concerned American Vet Wife
San Diego

Last edited by teach-u on Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:32 am; edited 1 time in total
God and Country
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michelle is great and she is for the swiftvets.

O'Donnell is mentally ill. If he don't go to see a nut doctor, he'll be going to see his 72 virgins.

John O'neill is a classy gentleman and speak his piece.

Look at the difference between a gentleman and a communist pig.

God bless America and John.

Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been eavesdropping on some blogger threads. These folks are of like minds, but are not die-hard Swiftees. Comments they are posting mirror pretty darn closely what you're seeing here.

What really surprised me was how many of the bloggers are giving the Swiftees the credit for the Kerry campaign meltdown, including tonight's circus. The bloggers think that the Kerry camp just might know something from internal polls that indicates it's all over for Kerry - which is what is causing things like tonight's meltdown display.

Go Swiftees! I've just seen hard evidence that we've got a lot more friends and admirers than you might have thought.
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.michellemalkin.com/

Here is an excerpt from the website referencing O'Donnell's CONTEMPT for US military.

"MR. O'DONNELL: I don't care if they're demoralized. They have to go to war and be prepared --"
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anker...which blogger threads?
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:28 am    Post subject: Re: Part Deux Reply with quote

PowerPro wrote:
Okay - my other post was choppy so I'll try again.

Is there a way to make a donation via PayPal?

I have a credit card but it's maxed out.

Someone please let me know!

I wish! Drop a private message (PM) to one of the administrators to see if they can help you. God Bless.
greenvale
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sent an email to MSNBC...Larry has got to go. If he were one of my children he'd be in a time out. I wrote last week after..."lesbian sex" over and over..and simple faith being mocked. The only reason I turned in tonight was to see the info about the Swifties. I demanded an apology. God help this nation after the election. Don't these screamers realize they have a responsibility to the audience..afterall, one half of the poputation is going to see the person they support loose this election. I fear for our nation.
Please write:
joe@msnbc.com
God Bless America,
Greenvale
J. Toy
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the looks of these recent posts, I think "nut boy" may have had the opposite effect than what he had hoped.

Keep sending the e-mail to Scarborough....they can do better than that!
PowerPro
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:35 am    Post subject: Here's a Trackback Reply with quote

For Michelle's Blog, here's the Trackback link:

http://michellemalkin.com/mt/mt-tb.cgi/366

Thank you SBVs & POWs FT! Your service to this country is incalculable!!!
kmudd
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More of O'donell's lies

Quote:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5818684/

O‘DONNELL: This was a very common post-combat experience for people coming back from Vietnam. And I knew a lot of them. Believe me, I was way, way, way too afraid and luckily just a little bit too young to have to go into service over there.

I was—my draft number came up literally on the week before President Nixon ended the draft, but I‘m telling you, nothing could have gotten me over there. Everybody who avoided service in Vietnam who was of combat age was desperately afraid to be there, because we knew this was a war unlike any other war. It was already America‘s longest war. It was a jungle war unlike anything we‘d ever been involved with, with an enemy we absolutely could not identify.

And the atrocities that John Kerry spoke to were things that he considered—that were the official policies, Pat.

sround
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Young Larry "OD" O'Donald with friend as Larry
lapses into a "Liar, Liar, Liar" fit.

Twisted Evil

Mission Accomplished!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 8 of 18

Jump to: