SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Discovered Papers: Hanoi directed Kerry
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerPro wrote:
Let me get a pulse here - because I'm a cynic.

President Bush misses a non-manditory doctor's appointment as a young officer and that got weeks of attention thanks to fabricated documents.

Jean Francois Kerre lied about how he was discharged originally (imho), lied about his medals, betrayed his country, betrayed his brothers in arms, spewed communist propaganda and stole my car. (Okay, I made up the last one.)

So - is this traitor going to get a complete pass? Or is this going to have the kind of legs "Memogate" had?

Kerry will get a pass. I have listened to all of the early MSM TV shows and NOBODY mentioned this.

Surprise! Surprise!
reasonable
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kimberly wrote:
Also, if there is a picture of Kerry with Hubbard somewhere, should we send that photo along with our e-mails?

http://www.geocities.com/thishouseis/kerryclark.GIF

Sorry folks, this just doesn't work. If anyone wants a copy just PM me with an email address and I'll send it as an attachment. It's a 926kb gif scanned from a copy of New Soldier I borrowed at the library.
Roon
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The communist regime in Hanoi monitored closely and looked favorably upon the activities of the Vietnam Veterans Against the War during the period Senator Kerry served most actively as the group's spokesman and a member of its executive committee, two captured Viet Cong documents suggest.

You know, its a good thing Senator Kerry was just the Spokesman and member of the Executive committee of an arm of the Communist party and not the Spokesman and member of the Executive Committee of an all Male Club like the Augusta National, then there'd really be heck to pay.
The Balloon Artist
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anybody call Bob Woodward? New York Times?

Fax these to Dan Rather from a Kinkos.

Still time to beat the deadline for 60 minutes.
Dingbat
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let this be a lesson for all Officers: NCO's really run the Services but they are such pro's that they let you think that you do it! My first CO told me that he was giving me 1st Platoon but that I was not to do anything without getting Sgt Jone's view first. Sgt Jones would always say something like: "has the LT thought about doing ... etc". Thanks Chief!!

1/101st ABN Song Be 3/82d ABN Phu Bai.
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The communist regime in Hanoi monitored closely and looked favorably upon the activities of the Vietnam Veterans Against the War during the period Senator Kerry served most actively as the group's spokesman and a member of its executive committee, two captured Viet Cong documents suggest.

This would likely have been one of many justifications for the DISHONORABLE DISCHARGE we know Kerry received before he had it "fixed" by Jimmy Chamberlain - oops I mean Carter.

-- FDL
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chief said a one-two punch.. is this punch two?

http://www.nysun.com/article/3775

Quote:
Researcher Alleges Potential Plagiarism in 11 Passages of Kerry's Writings

BY JOSH GERSTEIN - Staff Reporter of the Sun
October 26, 2004

An academic researcher has found 11 passages in Senator Kerry's published writings that appear to have been taken from other works without attribution, though experts disagree about whether the copying should be considered plagiarism.

Six of the passages come from Mr. Kerry's 1997 book, "The New War: The Web of Crime That Threatens America's National Security." All bear some similarity to news accounts that preceded publication of the book.

In one instance, Mr. Kerry wrote, "Russian mobsters have been arrested in Germany for extortion, car theft, counterfeiting, prostitution, selling drugs and illegal weapons, and smuggling everything from icons to uranium."

A 1993 Philadelphia Inquirer article, written by Barbara Demick, said, "Suspected Russian mobsters have been arrested in Germany and charged with extortion, car thefts, counterfeiting, prostitution, gambling, and selling drugs and illegal weapons. They have been caught smuggling everything from religious icons to uranium." Mr. Kerry's book contains endnotes but makes no reference to the Inquirer story.

A former English professor and author of two books on plagiarism, Robert Harris, examined that example and others and concluded that many of the instances clearly constituted plagiarism.

"If I had that in a student paper, I'd fail the paper, give them a zero, and make them redo it. On a second offense, I'd fail them for the course," he said. "This kind of plagiarizing, it's really unprofessional."

Another plagiarism expert, Thomas Mallon, said he does not discuss individual cases but would be inclined to apply a more lax standard to Mr. Kerry than is typically used in academia.

"If you want to live in the real world, a politician has to be cut a bit of slack," said Mr. Mallon, who wrote an oft-cited book on plagiarism, "Stolen Words." He said one reason to be more lenient is that everyone assumes that most words uttered by politicians or published under their names were actually written by speechwriters or ghostwriters. "Realism dictates that any reader who spots unattributed passages has to concede a certain exculpation to the politician simply on the assumption that the politician did not write the material," Mr. Mallon said.

Mr. Harris took a different view. "If we're trying to fight plagiarism in the schools and kids see politicians doing it or getting away with it, that makes the battle all the much harder," he said.

Both Messrs. Mallon and Harris said they are supporters of President Bush. They also said they did not believe that fact had colored their assessment of the situation.

A spokesman for Mr. Kerry's campaign did not respond to phone and email messages seeking comment for this story. Told of the allegations, a former counsel to the senator, Jonathan Winer, said he was "highly suspicious" that they were surfacing so close to the election.

In another passage in "The New War," Mr. Kerry wrote, "Recent reports indicate that uranium is being stored in the sort of lockers used by students in American high schools. In Murmansk, a Russian naval officer crawled though a hole in the fence surrounding a submarine fuel facility, broke into a locker, and hacked off a ten-pound hunk of enriched uranium, which he hid in his garage. He was caught only when he attempted to find a buyer."

An article that appeared in Maclean's magazine in April 1996, written by Malcolm Gray and William Lowther, reads,"Uranium is kept in the sort of lockers found in North American high schools....A Russian naval officer in Murmansk who crawled through a hole in the fence surrounding a submarine fuel facility...entered a building that was unlocked, broke into a locker, hacked off a 10-lb. chunk of enriched uranium and hid it in his garage. He was looking for a buyer when he was caught."

The Maclean's article is cited in Mr. Kerry's book but only as the source of a direct quote that appears earlier.

In "Our Plan for America: Stronger at Home and Respected in the World," the official campaign book for Mr. Kerry and his running mate, Senator Edwards of North Carolina, the candidates write at one juncture about the benefits of wind power as an energy source. "In many states, individual farmers and ranchers lease their property to wind power companies and receive an annual payment for having wind turbines on their property. With the right leadership, this could become a 'cash crop' for many other farmers and ranchers from around the country and stabilize rural economies," they wrote.

An Energy Department fact sheet published in January 2003 reads, "In many states, individual farmers and ranchers lease their property to wind power companies and receive an annual payment for having one or more wind turbines on their property. This could become a predictable 'cash crop' for many other farmers and ranchers across the country, and help to boost farm and ranching incomes and stabilize rural economies."

The examples of alleged plagiarism were compiled by a doctoral candidate who asked not be further identified. He declined to discuss his political views, but insisted that he is not connected with President Bush's campaign. "I don't normally, even in private discussions, get involved in politics," he said. "I don't hate Kerry."

The student said he picked up a copy of "The New War" early last year and became suspicious that some sections of it might not have been properly attributed. He soon began looking at other of Mr. Kerry's writings. "This just struck me as interesting," the student said. He said his interest was fueled further by a recent spate of stories about plagiarism allegedly committed by high-profile figures, such as a Harvard law professor Laurence Tribe and two popular historians, Stephen Ambrose and Doris Kearns Goodwin.

The New York Sun first reported earlier this month on one of the cases the researcher identified, a passage in a Kerry speech about desegregation that appeared to have come from an article in an online magazine, Slate.

The student said he did not step forward sooner because he was concerned that he might be harassed if his identity were exposed. He recently attempted, unsuccessfully, to sell his research through an Indianapolis lawyer. The Sun, which first obtained details of the charges on Friday, did not provide the source with any compensation.

In a statement, a spokeswoman for Simon & Schuster, which published "The New War," said the publishing house "stands behind Senator Kerry's book." She declined further comment.

However, one outlet for the senator's work, a well-known journal, Foreign Policy, disputed one claim of missing attribution.

In an article the journal published in March 2003, Mr. Kerry wrote, "As of January 2002, the U.S. Army had an average 44 percent shortfall in translators and interpreters in five critical languages: Arabic, Korean, Mandarin-Chinese, Persian-Farsi and Russian. The State Department reported a 26 percent shortage of authorized translators and interpreters."

About a year earlier, a similar passage appeared in the magazine Government Executive. In that article, Katherine Peters wrote, "The Army reported on average, a 44 percent shortfall in translators and interpreters in five critical languages-Arabic, Korean, Mandarin-Chinese, Persian-Farsi and Russian. The State Department has a 26 percent shortfall in authorized translator and interpreter positions."

A spokesman for Foreign Policy, Jeffrey Marn, said Mr. Kerry's article was not based on the earlier story by Ms. Peters.

"The sole source was a January 2002 report to Congress by the Government Accounting Office, 'Foreign Languages: Human Capital Approach Needed to Correct Staffing and Proficiency Shortfalls,'" Mr. Marn wrote in response to a query from the Sun. "The information cited from the GAO report was an official statistic from a public record. The sentence is neither inaccurate nor is it plagiarized."

The year-old article, which as of yesterday was prominently featured on Foreign Policy's home page on the Web, does not make reference to the report prepared for Congress or to the Government Executive piece.

Mr. Kerry's article also appears to misstate somewhat the accounting office's findings. The report prepared for Congress found that the State Department had not filled 13 of its 50 authorized, budgeted positions for linguists. However, it also noted that State had "more than 1,800 translators and interpreters who could be called upon as needed" for contract work.

Oddly, one of Mr. Kerry's closest advisers in his current campaign for the White House, John Sasso, played a key role in exposing one of America's most renowned cases of political plagiarism. In 1987, Senator Biden withdrew from the Democratic presidential primary after it was disclosed that large portions of his closing statement at a debate were nearly identical to portions of speeches delivered earlier by a leader of Britain's Labour Party.

At the time Mr. Sasso was manager of the campaign of one of Mr. Biden's rivals, a governor of Massachusetts, Michael Dukakis. Mr. Sasso gave several reporters a videotape highlighting the similar speeches. At first he denied involvement in bringing the plagiarism to light, but later he admitted to it. Mr. Dukakis fired Mr. Sasso, but rehired him after winning the nomination.

This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure.
- Winston Churchill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NavyChief: Reports are out now. But no coverage.
When does the US Government agents go on National TV and tell the American people about this evidence?
When does the FBI or Navy Intelligence or whoever goes on TV and tells?

Waiting for the pundits to get some interest is Ridiculous folks.

We must have this out by LEGAL AUTHORITIES.

Who has the ultimately responsibility to investigate the background of people running for government offices? NOBODY??
Doesn't the President have to have a pretty high SECURITY CLEARANCE?

How can Kerry have that with all the FBI and other investigation info?

NavyChief: I hope you can give some insight into these queries as you are the person with the intelligence background and I am sure you know better than any of us the REAL workings of this.
I feel time is ticking by quickly. I know the 72 hour concept is alive but Kerry has been insulated and coated with teflon for a along time.

Do you think President Bush's confidence he will win is based on the intel we know and that which we do not know? I believe in his poker game but I may have an ulcer befoe it is over.

NavyChief: Please get him!!!!
Love to you and yours. CTW

Never Ever Kerry
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow! You guys are gonna force me to get online every evening at 12:00am so not to miss this stuff! What a great way to start the day! I am praying, and hoping.

stevec
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:21 pm    Post subject: revealed Reply with quote

The article proves Traitor Kerry and his communist agenda. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=41106

Steve Christensen
Wynne
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Working for a newspaper was never as exciting as reading this forum! Thank you for your excellent work, Navy Chief Smile

I sent the Scott Swett-Jerome Corsi research piece and the NYSun article to the Exec Ed at The Raleigh N&O (who recently endorsed kerry). Here is her nothing response. If these were charges against Bush of course they'd be all over it.

We continue to evaluate the news each day, and if there's anything new or substantive here it will be part of our report. There are dozens if not hundreds of accusations flying around.

Melanie Sill
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NavyChief: Why isn't Senator Frist telling this to the public? Who has contacted him? I I don't htink my email to him will be sufficient. Laughing CTW

Never Ever Kerry
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have an email address for S. Frist please post it. I am shaking the bushes and have directed my minions to do so as well.

This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure.
- Winston Churchill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Algesan
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmackto wrote:
If you have an email address for S. Frist please post it. I am shaking the bushes and have directed my minions to do so as well.

Just the generic one here: http://frist.senate.gov/index.cfm?FuseAction=AboutSenatorFrist.ContactForm
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emails are good - calls are better!

My sister worked for a couple of congressmen on capitol hill a few years ago - every phone call is considered representative of about 10-100 other people. In others words, for every one who calls, the staff assumes there are at least 10-100 (depends on the topic) people who feel the same way.

It can be a numbers game - if 10 people call, with a unique and personal approach to the topic...it's powerful. If 100 call, it's exponentially more powerful.

Careful, though...with the rise in email and automated response systems, they know when they're being spammed. It's the reason we don't want to have any kind of "script" available. It totally reduces the impact of what you're saying.

Just call as a concerned citizen and speak your heart. Have an action step - I would like the Senator to do so-and-so.... Be polite, very polite.

Go for it.

Call your local congressman and senators, too. They have to consider their consituants wishes much more so than the national figures.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 9 of 49

Jump to: