SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please DONATE to Swifts - even if it's $5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RobD
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just gave $50. Gave $50 two weeks ago. Go swiftys!!!
lucky
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:53 pm    Post subject: cool Reply with quote

I got a reply that my brother has given and two of my friends will gladly and one of them is democrat. God bless em. Neither of them is a vet either. Haven't heard from a few other friends so i guess a call is in order. Also the most amazing thing happened. No one has ever said that they were proud of me ever in my life and all of a sudden they told me today, Thanks for serving. Wonder what is causing this strange reaction from them?
Mastour
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:54 pm    Post subject: Donations Reply with quote

I plan on giving $200 every month until the election. This cause is bigger than all of us. I truly believe if this man gets into office, our country as we know it will disappear.

Heads up SBVFT, the Democrats are getting ready to role out the big guns and they don't care who they bring down. We are with you and can only hope you are able to stay the course.

Fair winds and full sails,
Mastour
greenvale
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:03 pm    Post subject: donations Reply with quote

Just sent a check Very Happy and it felt so good. Hang in there SBVT! So proud of all of you. Thanks for standing firm and telling the truth!
Greenvale Wink
brotherofvietvet
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:49 pm    Post subject: Revolutionary Politics badly needed Reply with quote

I guess my wife and I are part of the vast right wing conspiracy from Texas although we live in California. I am a middle class Hispanic, son of a WW2 Vet, brother of a Vietnam Vet and who's son-in-law is serving to secure a democratic Iraq. I am proud to support the SVFT and helping make a change from selling Presidential candidates like we sell soap to making a candidate face the truth and counter the DNC spinmachine. This is a revolution in politics and badly needed. Keep up the outstanding work!!!
soccer4ever
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump for ad #3.
mike4gwb
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've gathered another 17 $5 checks. Are they still touting that it's only a couple rich guys in Texas funding this? Laughing
ProudDaughterofVet
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got my brother's..and yes, my nephew in honor of Grandpa to give a total of $100..nothing like a family dinner, huh??? Hey I will do what I have to..and my dad helped convince them too..Does anyone know how we are doing with total contributions???

ProudDaughter
Tau
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:57 am    Post subject: Contributions? Reply with quote

Hi All-

Does anyone know if it's legal for a Bush Team Leader to contribute to the SBVTs?

Thanks
ArmyWife
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:20 am    Post subject: Re: Contributions? Reply with quote

Tau wrote:
Hi All-

Does anyone know if it's legal for a Bush Team Leader to contribute to the SBVTs?

Thanks

I've been wanting to ask the same question but a little broader. Is it OK to donate to both the Swiftees and the Bush Campaign? Is it OK to make calls for the Bush campaign after donating to the Swiftees?

I don't want to jeopardize the Swift Boat Vets for Truth in any way, so a legal opinion would be very much appreciated! Exclamation
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not a lawyer, but looking at the lists of who contributes to what, I'd say that yes, it's perfectly legal to contribute to a candidate's official campaign and to a 527 of any stripe.

There are limitations on amounts to a candidate's official campaign and there are reporting rules by which the campaigns and 527's must abide. Make sure you understand what the rules are when you make a contribution to any of the fundraisers.
Herb
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an idea for raising more money:

Ask your family and friends to give a SMALL AMOUNT, even $5 and offer to PAY IT if it is within your means and not in theirs.

Ask them to just go to the website and make a TOKEN donation.

Ask them to do this because the Swift's have the right to speak and because, on your word of honor, the right of the argument.

If they ask why you don't just give it yourself, then explain that the idea is to have a LOT of individuals stand up for the right of these vets to speak.

In the process you will have opened the discussion about the Swifts, and can take them to the website and the url for giving money.

Most will give $5 without expecting it back but be prepared to pull out your wallet.

Another thing happens, those that give a token are committing themselves to the right of the Swifts to speak and to pay attention to what their money is buying them.

https://www.swiftvets.com/swift/ccdonation.php?op=donate&site=SwiftVets

Last edited by Herb on Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:43 am; edited 2 times in total
SarahQuan
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:43 am    Post subject: contribution Reply with quote

I just gave for the second time. Not lots of money but every dollar counts. I will give each payday.
I hope everyone will give to this worthy cause.
Give Scary Kerry a Swift Kick!!!
Herb
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:44 am    Post subject: Re: contribution Reply with quote

SarahQuan wrote:
I just gave for the second time. Not lots of money but every dollar counts. I will give each payday.
I hope everyone will give to this worthy cause.
Give Scary Kerry a Swift Kick!!!

You are a hero.

If everybody just gives a little each week, or payday and asks their friends to do that then the Swifts will have the right AND the means to speak.
lucky
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:49 am    Post subject: great Reply with quote

It is amazing what a few phone calls will do. I have never ever in my life asked for anything from anybody in my life. I have always given my time and opened my check book when I was asked. Not sure what some of the people I have asked will give actually but i have now several commitments and they are going after others on their own. Swiftees, ya'll have done a great job with the ads. It seems to have awakened many people. Also it seems they like when i say that it wasn't just the swiftees (even though it is the biggest) but the whole nation he betrayed. I feel that his betrayal has caused a whole generation to feel ashamed. And over LIES.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 9 of 18

Jump to: