SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

THOSE DOCUMENTS ARE FAKE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VAW11_Vet
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is one of the memos in question and one that was produced using MS Word. You be the judge....

Paul R.
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta keep this short (on break at work...)

Quote:
Lively, the head of operations at the TANG in the early '70s...

Anybody know Lively's rank? (At the time, and final B4 retirement.)

Anybody know what Hodges has ever said about being pressured? If
he denied it, that's a little more poop to use as return fire.

I feel the need to write a parody -- maybe tonight when I get home...
Paul R.
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poop from the memo I mean. (Not Hodges words -- they'd be the powder!)
Skypilot
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Oh, my. These documents are being picked over by the best in the business, you can see it if you follow some of the links in the main debunking thread.

And new stuff is bubbling up constantly, the more people look. For example, the MILPERS officer that signed Kerry's DD-214 seems to have landed Kerry's former billet of dogrobber for the Admiral. That's a bit odd, and needs someone looking at it. It may be just a bit too coincidental to be simple happenstance.

And if you look at Beldar's blog site, you'll see that the blogosphere has more experts than you can shake a stick at. And he's only focused that one article on the lawyers. The military side of the blogosphere is equally awesome.

The media can't BRING this kind of expertise to bear. They are stuck in the old paradigm of "resident experts" and "talking heads".

They are SOOOO doomed.

You have answered the question(s) cipher, Thanks. I have a sick feeling of betrayal when our media is lying. They do not realize that besides the truth being the causality it is also the public's confidence in their credibility, the latter having a heavier cost in the end. Dan Rather and CBS are shameless!

May God bless our Troops and Vets!
A special thanks to all that have contributed to this site and our mutual cause, to put Kerry back in his box!
Please Mr. Kerry Sign Form #180 Now!
Let the truth set you free? NOT!
hammondb3
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would urge everyone to be careful about setting up a straw man argument about these documents. That almost happened with the superscript 'th'. To me, the most convincing argument is that the entire documents can be nearly perfectly overlaid with a modern MS Word version that is capable of proportionate spacing and perfect centering. Considering the trouble one would have to go to to get this done in 1972-73, I'll spot anyone the superscript 'th' to get them to stay in the game for the document spacing as a whole.
greasepaint
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The CBS documents seem to exhibit something
(as what can be seen on a photocopy)
called Microsoft ' 'abc' psuedo-kerning',
which, from time to time, can 'tuck' one character
under another, but is not 'true' pair-kerning.
Not possible in 1972.
Detective
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to those who have PM'ed me about the General who now says CBS misled him......I say so what? HE STILL SAID IT! Just because the moron got caught lying and now must rescind his endorsement of Kerry and WHAT REALLY HAPPEND doesnt exonerate him for his stupidity.
Real Men (and women) live by their WORD!
Nuff said.
I'm not giving this azz a pass,he knew what was going on.He was a freaking General! Cant tell me that a General questioned on this topic didnt know its political implications. Come ON!!!

that is all
BullwinkleJayMoose
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:49 pm    Post subject: TX Reply with quote

Some of the memos use an address in the form of:
Houston, Texas 12345

It's odd that anyone (especially in the military where abbreviations and acronyms are a way of life) would spell out TEXAS while including the Zip Code on a letter.

In the early 1960's (at the same time as 5-digit Zip Codes were introduced) 2-character abbreviations for states also came into use. It seems ridiculous that the ZIP would be there but "Texas" would not be simply TX. The government likes things done a certain way and I'm curious if other contemporaneous docs from that source also long-handed the state but remembered the Zip Code?

BJM
azTrish
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:54 pm    Post subject: Lawyers for CBS how do they feel FCC appeal for 1/2 mil fine Reply with quote

CBS was just hit with the half a million fine for the Janetflap now this when they are appealing.
Issues should be seperate in courts. Does that hold relevence with the FCC's pursuit for finding fault enough to fine an organization. You have to wonder if the CBS Legal team who "Dan Forges on" failed to mention. If they were standing behind his fairytale and how they feel about all this. In light of the CBS appeal being made for its record fine over the Janet flap.

Do they think THIS is going to help their appeal of being a responsible Broadcasting Company. Not intentionally offend anyone purposely. etc etc etc I doubt it. .. Their lawyers must be gasping for air. as the noose tightens around CBS's proverbial necks.

Trish
hammondb3
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now the guy who examined the documents for CBS says that he only verified the signature and he did not examine the typography.

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/Columnists/Toronto/Peter_Worthington/2004/09/13/627421.html

"Handwriting expert Marcel Matley, who CBS said had authenticated the four documents, told the Los Angeles Times that he only authenticated one signature."

What a bunch of deceitful liars at CBS.

I can't wait for this to come to full bloom.
DenisC
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, you and the Bloggers, along with Experts have proven the memos are forgeries, but I would really like to have the answer to this question;

"Is it a Federal Crime to attempt to influence an election by fraud?”

If so, do you suppose any Federal Agency, or the DOD is investigating this?

Last edited by DenisC on Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Navyolsalt
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:40 pm    Post subject: FCC Reply with quote

Has anyone seen any post about the possibility of filing a formal complaint with the Federal Communications Commission sine there is enough documentation that the memos are a fraud and CBS still stands by their report without an investigation? Even other news organizations are calling for an investigation.
Thanks,
Navyolsalt
Debs
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul R.,

It was Col. Earl Lively, Director of Operations for the Texas Air National National Guard Headquarters during 1972 and 1973 who was on Fox and Friends this morning. Here is the link to the page where the video is:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,95063,00.html

Debbie
azTrish
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: FCC Reply with quote

Navyolsalt wrote:

Has anyone seen any post about the possibility of filing a formal complaint with the Federal Communications Commission sine there is enough documentation that the memos are a fraud and CBS still stands by their report without an investigation? Even other news organizations are calling for an investigation.
Thanks,
Navyolsalt

I posed that question to Powerlineblog after I did see them refer to the CBS incident with the same opinion that this was an attempt to effect a National election.
Titled (Suicide Bombers and CBS News- 5th paragraph down)http://powerlineblog.com/
and added this letter a bit rushed but I submitted it online with CBS the FCC and my local CBS Affiliate and added it here in a post
http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8441&start=30
azTrish -7 posts down

I'd love CBS to prove me wrong in a court, when everyone knows the best defense is the TRUTH!
arymann
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need for me to comment. This blurb says it all!

Quote:
CONSUMER ALERT: Know of a scam that needs investigating? Tell us about it! Email us at scams@cbsnews.com .

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/1998/08/01/eveningnews/main15218.shtml
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: