SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Drudge page memos tracked to Texas Kinkos? WTH?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Absolut
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VAW11_Vet wrote:
Bad news for CBS! The man than owns the Kinko's in Abilene is a real estate guy who is a huge, huge Bush supporter.

Is this true? How do you know?

If it is.. Man... I hope this guy checks all his video cameras and sends them to ABC/WashPost/et. al... Smile
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Well, I only hope these documents were never in Sandy Berger's panties. Or Dan Rathers. Or Miss Flocker's.

Kimmymac, You caused me to spit pepsi all over my monitor. I will be putting a deragaotry memo about you in my personal files.

Quote:
MEMO TO SELF

SWALLOW ALL BEVERAGES BEFORE READING ANY POSTS BY KIMMYMAC

This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure.
- Winston Churchill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
VAW11_Vet
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Bad news for CBS! The man than owns the Kinko's in Abilene is a real estate guy who is a huge, huge Bush supporter.

It is absolutely true! In fact there are a number of men that are all members of the local country club in Abilene and several of them are retired TANG officers.

There shouldn't be any trouble getting whatever he has. There is no Kinko's / client priviledge.
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmac--I am just pleased that someone (other than me) remembers Sandi Berger stuffing archived documents in his thong in an attempt to hide information derogatory to the Clinton Admin from the 9/11 commission.

That story got buried pretty quick.

Rather and CBS news are just hoping this one just...goes away...like all the rest.

And oh no! Not another derogatory memo in my permanent record! Evil or Very Mad You better clear space in a whole file drawer, what with the old, unpaid parking tickets from college and everything. I think one time I also missed a dentist appointment. Also, I sorta lied to my mother-in-law, I think it was in 1981 or 1982. Good thing I am not the REPUBLICAN candidate for anything, eh? Sheesh, Mary Mapes could crucify me.
the0point
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VAW11_Vet wrote:
Quote:

It is absolutely true! In fact there are a number of men that are all members of the local country club in Abilene and several of them are retired TANG officers.

There shouldn't be any trouble getting whatever he has. There is no Kinko's / client priviledge.

Do you know this person? Can you talk to him? We need everything! Fax numbers, the stored copies of the memo, the video feeds from the security monitor. Have the guy contact Hannity and Drudge!
GoEagles
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job all you "Men in PJ's" (and the women too) -

Would you have gone to war with Iraq?
"You bet we might have" - John Fraud Kerry
GoEagles
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just noticed this from Blather's interview with the 86 year old secretary -
"It's not the form I would have used and there are words in there that belong to the Army, not the Air Guard. We never used those terms."
http://www.newsday.com/news/politics/ny-uscbs0916,0,2006269.story?coll=ny-top-headlines

Burkett was Army, right?

Would you have gone to war with Iraq?
"You bet we might have" - John Fraud Kerry
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 60 Minutes: The Sequel interview with Miss Flocker appears to have backfired, if the intent was to hypnotize us into somehow accepting another "is is" rationale. It appears the rest of the media is simply saying, "86 year old former secretary says memos are fake."

Headline News: Dan Rather attempts to hide behind the skirts of 86 year old woman! News at 11!

Courage, Dan, Courage.
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grannygate
VAW11_Vet
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Do you know this person? Can you talk to him? We need everything! Fax numbers, the stored copies of the memo, the video feeds from the security monitor. Have the guy contact Hannity and Drudge!

He and I have a mutual friend. I do not know him personally but the mutual friend and I discussed this thing this morning. I believe he has already been contacted.

That's why we though it was great because he is such a huge Bush supporter. He told me about how this had been the topic of discussion at the country club and now that his friend's Kinkos is the center of firestorm there won't be any holding back of information. If he has it, he will share it!
llano
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There could be even more to this then meets the eye. Abilene's congressional district has a long term democrat, Charlie Stenholm. He is a conservative democrat.

However, the state republicans redrew the district in Texas and now Stenholm is having to fight another incumbent Randy Neugebauer, a Lubbock Republican. The redistricting was mostly ran by Tom Delay, Craddick (TX speaker of the house, from Midland, part of the old Neugebauer district) and Gov. Perry, etc. Personally, I did not like it either. In any case, the demos in Texas also hate republicans for the redistricting.

Stenholm (D) has been in congress a long, long time and will probably lose to Neugebauer (R) because Lubbock is bigger than Abilene.
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing more mystifying, more baffling, and more intriguing than Texas politics is Texas women.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
Tony
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cipher wrote:
The only thing more mystifying, more baffling, and more intriguing than Texas politics is Texas women.

Amen, brother....God Bless Texas.... Very Happy Something in the water there....

http://tonyk.smugmug.com/photos/1822816-L-1.jpg
USN 1983-1992
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimmymack:

"All these young whippersnappers running around in their tight flight suits...... "

Could this be the root of her Bush Hatred? She had the hots for the young whippersnapper. Nahh. She had to be old enough to be his mother.
bpilch
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it has been shown to be Burkett who lives about 20 miles outside of Abilene. The Post reported it yesterday and the NY Times had an article about Burkett today, trying to bolster his credibility. How a guy with 2 nervous breakdowns who has been hatching up stories about Bush for 6 years becomes an unimpeachable witness to CBS is a mystery. Maybe he is unimpeachable because they don't plan on ever naming him and he is going to continue hiding out in his ranch until the election is over...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: