SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please DONATE to Swifts - even if it's $5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sun Tzu
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Contributions? Reply with quote

Tau wrote:
Hi All-

Does anyone know if it's legal for a Bush Team Leader to contribute to the SBVTs?

Thanks

As long as it's not a paid position.
Sun Tzu
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Contributions? Reply with quote

ArmyWife wrote:
Tau wrote:
Hi All-

Does anyone know if it's legal for a Bush Team Leader to contribute to the SBVTs?

Thanks

I've been wanting to ask the same question but a little broader. Is it OK to donate to both the Swiftees and the Bush Campaign? Is it OK to make calls for the Bush campaign after donating to the Swiftees?

I don't want to jeopardize the Swift Boat Vets for Truth in any way, so a legal opinion would be very much appreciated! Exclamation

If it's a volunteer position...and not a paid position...it's fine.
GiveMeFreedom
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read John O'Neill's article in the Wall Street Journal, and he says, "quote: we have received $2 million from 30,000 Americans who have donated an average of around $64."

WOW!!!

wooohooooo!!!!
http://www.operationac.com
Support our Soldiers!!
Herb
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GiveMeFreedom wrote:
I just read John O'Neill's article in the Wall Street Journal, and he says, "quote: we have received $2 million from 30,000 Americans who have donated an average of around $64."

WOW!!!

wooohooooo!!!!

Maybe we all out to give another $64 -- computer geeks would think it a round number.
lucky
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:21 pm    Post subject: Lol Reply with quote

It would be great if Perry would give again. Could you imagine the scream of anquish from the Kerry camp if he did? Especially if he made it a matching funds deal challenge. Anyone have his email?
BlueLotus
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason the Kerry team is all worked up about this is because they now KNOW it's NOT just Perry supporting this and it scares them to death.

This is the SAME way Dean got started on his candidacy and until he did his infamous scream, he was raising LOTS of money just like this.

Like I said, skip a pizza or skip going out to lunch or dinner next week and send that $5.00, $10.00 or $20.00 to the Swifties.
Herb
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlueLotus wrote:
The reason the Kerry team is all worked up about this is because they now KNOW it's NOT just Perry supporting this and it scares them to death.

This is the SAME way Dean got started on his candidacy and until he did his infamous scream, he was raising LOTS of money just like this.

Like I said, skip a pizza or skip going out to lunch or dinner next week and send that $5.00, $10.00 or $20.00 to the Swifties.

Yes, and on those lines, I am asking Friends and Family to "just give SOMETHING" -- $5 or whatever they can. Give them the links and just get them to promise SOMETHING, explaining that NUMBERS do count.

BTW, in some ways this is HARDER than GIVING yourself -- but if you BELIEVE then you will do it.

Donate
http://www.swiftvets.com/index.php
https://www.swiftvets.com/swift/ccdonation.php?op=donate&site=SwiftVets
Jack Mclaughlin
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the attack on the swiftees this evening, Aug. 27th, by Ron Reagan and Chris Matthews, branding the SBVT " all a bunch of liars" I hope all of us who can give a little more will do it before retiring tonight. I know I will.
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep,

You're right! My team is getting another $500 right now. No more contributions to Bush for me. Every dime I can scrape up from here on out goes to Swiftvets. I hope you all do the same.

History is being rewritten truly and the people are speaking out againt tyranny in the most demonstrable way they have since the 1770's.

Let Freedom Ring!

Tom Mortensen
BM1 USN RVN 68-69
Silver Star Recipient

Well I was wrong! I did more! Please Join me!

Quote:

Quote:
Thank you for contributing to the support of Swift Boat Veterans for Truth. This email is your receipt for your contribution of $1,000.00 Your transaction number, which will appear on your credit card statement, is xxxxxxxxxx

ProudDaughterofVet
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Consider it done..my husband said okay to give another $10.00..it is all we can do, but we are happy to do so..Ron Reagan..should be ashamed of himself...

PD
ASPB

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't matter how much it is! Just give the most you can!
manelly
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy
I'm in for $64 next week.
ASPB

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya know I've been thinking!

For those on a tight budget it might be important to think about how much you can give per week over the next 10 weeks. If it's $10, if it's $50, if it's $100 it doesn't matter as long as we make it hurt. The number of contributions will energize the main sewer media more than the amount!

I'm lucky! The Government helped pay for an education that allowed me to retire early with enough money to give something back to my country.

I pledge $500 per week until 02 Nov 04. Please pledge what you can to taking back our stolen honor.

Tom Mortensen,
BM1 USN RVN 68-69
Silver Star and Purple Hear Recipient.
ProudDaughterofVet
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Idea Tom!
Just did the CC thing for $10.00 and my husband has no problem with $10.00 a week, thanks for the suggestion Tom. Smile

PD and husband.
lucky
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:26 am    Post subject: wow Reply with quote

ASPB. i was going to wait till next week till I gave again but i must do it tonight. I am waiting for a few skinflint friends to pony up but i just decided that I am giving their christmas present early. I am going to just send them a card letting the ingrates know that they gave anyway. I have had another great year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 10 of 18

Jump to: