SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Drudge page memos tracked to Texas Kinkos? WTH?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Woodrow
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Burkett is retired National Guard. The language is Army speak. Could he of been used to pass forgeries to Danny boy? Who gave forgeries to Mr. Burkett?
spudhorse
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is all getting too wiered. ABC is running a story:

CBS Guard Documents Traced to Tex. Kinko's

Quote:
Strong confirmed that at least one of the documents used by CBS bore a faxed header indicating it had been sent from a Kinko's copy shop in Abilene

OK. So Mr. Strong is the source of the Kinko's story.

He also says:

Quote:
Strong told The Associated Press on Thursday that he couldn't vouch for the authenticity of the memos, but "if Mrs. Knox didn't type those documents and she thinks they're fake, I'll go with her judgment."

OK. Mr. Strong believes they are fake. And then he says:

Quote:
Regardless of the authenticity of the memos, the question should be centered on Bush's Guard service, and what is indicated in the documents, Strong said.

"Why aren't we focusing on the content?" Strong said, adding that he believes there are holes in Bush's official Guard record.

Why would he say that? If he thought that Bush's record should be looked in to, why didn't he just keep his mouth shut about the authenticity of the documents? And how on earth can one say to ignore the fact the documents are fake but use them to look into anything? If he has something to say about the President, why doesn't he just say it (maybe he has -- I haven't done the Googling)?

If this were a badly written novel, Mr. Strong would be the author of the memos having made a last ditch attempt to save his bungled attempt at stabbing the hero in the back.
Hammer2
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpilch wrote:
How a guy with 2 nervous breakdowns who has been hatching up stories about Bush for 6 years becomes an unimpeachable witness to CBS is a mystery. Maybe he is unimpeachable because they don't plan on ever naming him and he is going to continue hiding out in his ranch until the election is over...

Maybe he is unimpeachable, in CBS's opinion, because he does not hold public office. Therefore, literally, he can not be impeached. Wink
bsjracing
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By that logic, you can rule out Clinton as the source since he is in fact impeachable

If you're going to burn the US flag, at least have the decency to wrap yourself in it first.
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GRANNYGATE: well, shawa, the truth is that Miss Flocker is only 56, but she was a 4 pack a day smoker, and she just never ate right or took care of herself. Also, her estrogen bottomed out in 1985, so she lies about her age.

I can't really blame her, I also lie about my age. (Another black mark in my permanent record I am hiding form Rather on the off chance I want to someday run for President.) My husband is quite a bit older than I am so I like to tell people I am about 15 years older than I am, and then listen to them go on and on about how young I look. But I digress, we were talking about Miss Flocker.

Yes, Miss Flocker has long held a burning passion for the President, and we all know hell hath no fury like a civil servant scorned. She wasn't going to come forward, but seeing the President pat Laura on her tush on national television has apparently sent her over the edge.

Some of you *rich Republicans* may have your big shot Country Club sources, but **I** have my Meals-On-Wheels sources. Cool

Breaking story...

Last edited by Kimmymac on Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Headhunter's Daughter
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:45 pm    Post subject: Drudge page memos tracked to Texas Kinkos? WTH? Reply with quote

Did anyone listen to The Dennis Prager Show today? Dennis had a very interesting theory. It seems that Mr. Burkett (or whatever his name is) has a lawyer in Harris County, Texas that is a BID Democratic activist. Well guess who else is a BIG Democratic activist also in Harris County? Dan Rather's daughter!!!! Prager couldn't remember her name but it would make alot of sense why Dan Rather seems to be so "emotionally" attached to the fake documents. As Dennis Prager said "connect the dots". Does make one wonder, doesn't it? Rolling Eyes
John Gault
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woodrow wrote:
Mr. Burkett is retired National Guard.

Army National Guard, not the Air National Guard.
The spread of evil is the symptom of a vacuum. Whenever evil wins, it is only by default: by the moral failure of those who evade the fact that there can be no compromise on basic principles. _ Ayn Rand
spudhorse
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a good summary of the players:

Dan Rather Keeps the Faith

Major General Bobby Hodges was Lt. Col. Killian's superior. Hodges said he was "misled" by CBS and now believes the documents are forgeries.

Robert Strong was Maj. Gen. Hodges' administrative assistant.

He's maintained for quite some time that:
Quote:
They [the documents] are compatible with the man that I remember Jerry Killian being. I don't see anything in the documents that are discordant with what were the times, what were the situation, and what were the people involved

Mr. Hodges has said (to the NY Times) [quoting from the Times] "he had not authenticated the documents for CBS News but had confirmed that they reflected issues he and Colonel Killian had discussed - namely Mr. Bush's failure to appear for a physical, which military records released previously by the White House show, led to a suspension from flying."
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/09/12/politics/campaign/12guard.html

So, I guess at the end of the day, it's the end of the day. And the only real news is that CBS was so desparate that they went with a story that they knew (or should have known) was based on faked documents.
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admin note:

Please refrain from commenting on matters relating to the administration of this forum. If you have a complaint/observation/suggestion, please direct it to a moderator or administrator via private message (PM).

Thank you.

I wish the focus of this was some other state. I keep feeling like I somehow need to keep defending Texas, somehow. Yeah, but, most of us are sane! or something.

"Focus on content?" of what? Forged documents? That is the stupidest thing I have about ever heard. You know how cops are sometimes caught fabricating evidence because they KNOW the bad guy did it? What happens to the cop, and the evidence--and usually the entire case, regardless of other evidence showing guilt? Uh huh, exactly.

Focus on THIS <picture an internationally understood rude gesture here> buddy.
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawa wrote:
Kimmymack:

"All these young whippersnappers running around in their tight flight suits...... "

Could this be the root of her Bush Hatred? She had the hots for the young whippersnapper. Nahh. She had to be old enough to be his mother.

Didn't she also say he didn't ask her out in 71 and she didn't vote for him in 2000?

Old enough to be his mother or not, she clearly saw him as dating material.

This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure.
- Winston Churchill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimmymack

LOL!! Thanks for the inside scoop on Miss Flocker. This is hilarious.
Keep me informed as your investigaton develops......
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a chart with connections, but it is in no way complete.
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1218004/posts

Robert Strong admitted to his neighbor that the memos were payback for the SWiftvets, the day before memeogate started.

Burkett faxed them on the same day.

James Moore has them in his new to be released book.

All three of these guys are part and parcel with histories in this arena.

David Van OS, Ben Barnes, and Robin Rather are the upper level of greasing the wheels for pulling the farce off.

Way too much coincidence.

It appears they were trying to lay ground work of credibility for the book, which would be a counter to "Unfit for Command".

Of course, it doesn't need to be mentioned here that Swiftees have gotten zilch from any CBS source. Other than bad press. Complicity is a little light in my opinion. Conspiracy probably, especially considering the ties, and history of CBS/Rather.
bergstrom79
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimmymack,

Being a Texan myself I have to say I'm glad the Dems here are being exposed for what we've known them to be for the past 30 years plus. They lie, cheat, steal, and nothing has been beyond them when it comes to dirty politics.

There's a reason why "Dem Bums" lost every statewide race in 2002. They're recognized as the crooks they are.

Don't be insulted by the Dems here....just vote em out Wink
low26
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was Burkett check out Captians Quaters story on Burkett
kingfish
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:21 am    Post subject: wow- wire fraud? Reply with quote

does any government agency enforce the laws they are responsible for enforcing?
whoever dunnit should be easily tracable by the time of day vs Kinko's records. whoever dunnit probably used their AMEX card to pay! Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: