SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Kerry's Unlikely Detractors" (WaPo op-ed Sat.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
concernedgranny
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you guys for your opinion. They are invaluable to me. fr 11, I did watch the Republican convention and was very impressed. My husband and I laughed so hard with Zell as he hit the nail on the head when he said "with what, spitballs?" I did send the e-mail "as is" since majority ruled. It truly was from the heart. I do, however, have to learn not to ramble and get to the point. I do not write as eloquently as most of you guys. Hence, my reluctance to join here at first. I would just watch others post. I still don't get a lot of the abbrev.'s and so forth so I spell a lot of things out. Thanks again for the help.

I DON'T CARE IF BUSH DIDN'T MEET HIS REQUIREMENTS!! AT LEAST HE DIDN'T "MEET" WITH THE ENEMY!!
larryivy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Kerry still hasn't satisfied me and many others. . . . It's September and I'm still conflicted
Quote:

In other words "Even if all about him says he's unfit, I still will follow in lockstep with my liberal dem brothers and vote for him anyway" Its the old democratic 4 step plan to dellusion.
1) It is a lie
2) Well it may be true but Bush didn't serve in Vietnam
3) It isn't important, missing a physical is the same as meeting with the enemy
4) Its not sufficient to overcome my hatred of Bush so I will vote for Kerry anyway

Does anyone realize this guy could become President in few weeks and he has NEVER been asked a single hard impromptu question from a group of reporters in an uncontrolled environment. This normally would have happened in the primaries but he was annointed by the party and the press and given a 6 month pass. He has never even had to answer about the inconsistency in his statements over the past two weeks !

Larry

shadowy
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Concernedgranny, it is long, but I think most of it is relevant and it shows you are a real everyday person. I would edit carefully. There are some things you can say with fewer words. For example, "my dear brother-in-law" instead of the sentence explaining how close you were. If you go through it paragraph by paragraph, you can probably cut it down by a third without losing any of the important facts.
ProudDaughterofVet
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Concernedgranny..you write what ever you want to. Each has his/her own way. Well done my friend..

Second, I read this article last night..although he referred to the SVFT as a "right wing" bla bla bla..it is the fact Colbert admits that to not recongize the impact and the feeling associated with them is to do so at the peril of the Kerry Campaign. The fact that the author also recognizes that Kerry is in himself a living contridiction brings pause to those that would nonetheless support him.

Rome was not built in a day. I will take this article as a sign that even those so against us are at least beginning to respect the impact of what we are doing here. It is a positive step for our side, one I will take..looks like the spin is already beginning for Nov 3, hmmmmmmmm???

PD

www.timetotakeastand.blogspot.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: